YOUR pictures for the 2005 Calendar | FerrariChat

YOUR pictures for the 2005 Calendar

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just a friendly reminder to y'all to make sure you get some good shots of your cars this season: In November I'll be collecting your (and my) best shots and collate another Chicago FChat calendar for 2005.

So if you have already some pics, send them my way please. And keep shooting away.

PS: Dave just secured himself a month to himself.

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Here's one....... or two... ha ha

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well, it does have Borrani's.........

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bill, actually I think I got you covered as you triumphantly drove in on the red carpet at Ferraris on Oak Street. Since your car is one of a kind, you sorta have your permanent place in the calendar anyway.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    An Enfield? NICE!!!! Yes,I have quite a few good photos with my car already. Funny? Unusual? ......We'll see.....:)

6. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I'll be snapping away as soon as the BBi arrives ! It's still in New York, and I'm "chomping at the bit". Doesn't look good for this weekend, so it's little brother (308) will just have to do.
    Dave

7. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Bill, is that a Rickman? Very nice.

How about this one? 1965 on the German Autobahn before the car came to within an hour of the Loop.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, intriguing I have to say.

Normally our calendar is for the folks from Chicago and the pictures are recent, but there is some charm in your short that makes it kinda unique. So that is your 330? Who is the driver? Where on the autobahn, on the way to the Netherlands for shipping? Tell me more, tell me more...

9. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    It is my 330. The location is on an Autobahn near Dusseldorf. The driver is the original owner, my father's best friend, Dr. Ing. E. T. Sack. My father bought the 330 from him in 1966 and shipped it to the US. We lived across the lake from Chicago in St. Joseph, MI. My dad traded the car in on a 911S in 1970.

I found the car 3 months ago in Minnesota. I always remembered the chassis number 6161 because our telephone area code in MI was 616. I was home with the flu in April and found Kerry's 330GT website which gave the name of the owner and location of the car. I called the owner and he was willing to sell. Turns out that it was also the feature car in Forza in Dec '03.

In another ironic twist of fate, he had bought the car from Fantasy Junction in CA. After I bought the car I was talking to one of my business partners in California (a Ferrari 365GTC owner) about it. Turns out that he was negotiating to buy that very car from FJ to turn into a GTO replica but he lowballed the price and the guy in Minnesota got it instead.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Ha! How is that for a cool story. Amazing! I hope you have that Forza framed somewhere...

11. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Erik,
    Great shot, and story. It's nice to hear that the car is back in the family, rather than chopped for for use in a replica.
    Yes, it is one of the 200 Rickman Enfield Interceptors, it has 900 miles on it now. Thank you.

Regards,
    Bill