Your Thoughts About Multiple Owners | FerrariChat

Your Thoughts About Multiple Owners

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Nospinzone, Jun 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Obviously when you are looking at a 308 you can expect to see many previous owners, but what if you are looking at a 2014 FF with 5 owners?

When I see this I’m concerned about two possibilities. One, the car has persistent problems and owners are dumping it. Or two, with 5 owners and probably 5 different driving styles you don’t know how much abuse the car has taken, abuse that may not show in a PPI.

Just curious about people’s thoughts on a recent model car that has had many owners.

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I think we would need more detail

One of my cars has three owners, it's technically never left the family, I just had it transferred around for insurance purposes

With detailed history, Ferrari CPO, New Power warranty, PPI, etc - I think lots of 'risks can be mitigated'

aaronrgonz and Nospinzone like this.
  3. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    As a shopper, I would consider an unusual number of owners as a story. If this was the only story, then that wouldn't matter much. If there were a lot of other stories, this one might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Thomasio and Nospinzone like this.
  4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Not a big deal people with means swap cars all the time. I had my 812 for 6 months sold it and moved on.

Nospinzone and technom3 like this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I think people put too much weight into the owners thing. Measure the metal in front of you. Id rather have a 25 owner car with no paint work and service history than a 2 owner car with paint work and no service history.

The 1 owner thing is nice... but the problem is.... its only a 1 owner once.

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    First of all, the number of owners can be deceiving. Some dealers are required to take title of all cars in inventory. When the contract of a lease changes status, it adds an owner. If an owner moves out of state, it is often reported as a new owner.

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'd listen to this guy, he only dates virgins.....I guess he hates depreciation.

Nospinzone likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes. I hate depreciation. But virgins no. No interest. Lol.

Nospinzone likes this.
  9. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I agree with Justin. I have never understood the premium placed on "original owner" or One family owned" or especially the "one of only xxx in this exact color and option combo for this sub-model and partial year" :) . Being a one owner car could be great or could be horrid depending on the owner. ;)

Raconteur and Nospinzone like this.