Your Weekly Meal Plan | FerrariChat

Your Weekly Meal Plan

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TexasF355F1, Apr 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I know there's a food thread, but I think one dedicated specifically to the Health thread detailing our daily/weekly meals will be beneficial to all of us by keeping fresh ideas coming.

5:30AM - Protein shake with frozen fruit

9:30AM - One (~4oz) buckwheat pancake, topped with sugar free syrup and two strips of bacon.

1:15PM - Chicken (~4oz) and wild grain rice mixed with yellow and green bell pepper and fresh jalapeño. [I mixed the peppers with 5the entire amount of rice before separating into my daily bowls.
    -1 apple

4:30 - Cliff protein bar on the way to the gym which I get to around 530.

7 to 7:30PM - baked cod and broccoli, and I have time I'll have spicy sweet potato fries.

**I also grab handfuls of almonds here and there throughout the day if I need a pick me up.

That's my meal plan for the week, except Thursday night when I go to BW3 with my friend and his son.

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I posted this in the other thread. For me, this diet has always been a 5 star lock for weight loss. Now I'm doing it again but with added nutrition to continue my rowing and swimming without running myself ragged.

The Scarsdale Diet

3. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    My diet varies, and isn't fixed day to day. But typically:

Breakfast is black tea, 2% unsweetened Greek yogurt with some Costco unsalted nuts.

Lunch is homemade--high protein, veggies, very low carb.

Snacks are typically Quest nutrition bars.

Dinner is usually a protein and two to three different salads/veggies.

Dessert is usually a sugar free chocolate.

4. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    For people on the go a lot what do you guys recommend as the best "protein bar" for a quick snack?

5. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There is no best really and depends on your budget really because these things get expensive.

With that said I pretty much eat nothing but Cliff bars.

6. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Darth I'm going to trust you on your 5 star lock for weight loss. If this works, I might ask you for some 5 star locks in sports betting so I can win some money back this year! Lol =P

-Action

7. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Let's assume budget is not an issue (within reason - I don't plan to be spending $10,000 a week on caviar)

What are the best picks? Sounds like the Cliff bars are pretty good? I just don't know - so many variations out there its confusing me. I feel like there are 50 different protein bars out there to choose from and you would need to be a nutritionist to dissect all of them and figure out the best just like with other food. Do you go all organic? Do you go vegetarian / vegan? Do you just cut out red meat and still eat chicken? I've heard it all over the years and not really paid any attention to it until now when I've gained weight and got fat :(

Ironically enough, last year was my best year ever financially, and I am also in the worst shape of my life. I wonder if there is some correlation to this...?

-Action

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Ultimately you have to try a variety on your own and see what ones you like best. That's what the best one is.

9. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looks like I'm in for a lot of trial and error :(

10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There are so many variables in the nutrition macros. Apart from flavor and textures. A quest bar and a cliff bar, for instance, are completely different.

Don't put too much thought into it. It's really nothing more than something to tie you over when your hungry.

11. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    #11 Xcheckme, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    5:30 AM – 6 egg whites / 2 whole eggs with wheat toast and 1 grapefruit
    Protein shake / 35 g of whey protein, frozen fruit, 1 cup of oatmeal

9:30 AM – 6 oz of grilled fish or grilled chicken breast / 2 cups of rice / veggies

12:30 PM – 1 lbs of ground turkey breast / baked potato / steamed broccoli – seasoned with either Cholula or BBQ Sauce

3:30 PM – 3 -4 egg white cupcakes (per Jason / Texas F355F1’s recipe) / 2 cups of rice

6 PM – generally whatever my lovely wife cooks – sample pic below

9 PM – Protein shake same as at 5:30 AM

I stay pretty close to this on the days/weeks that I don’t travel. When traveling on business (which is about 30%) I obviously eat out for most meals. With the exception of chik-filet (grilled chicken breast sandwich with 2 breasts per) I stay away from fast food and usually just order either fish or chicken breast with either plain baked potato or rice and steamed veggies.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I'm sure that there are some good/decent products available. But I much prefer to bring some "real" food with me whenever I can. Jason posted a few pics of his "egg white cup cakes" in the other thread - which are awesome/healthy/tasty and can easily be taken as a snack.

I don't eat red meat, but would assume that beef jerky would also be a better alternative to a protein bar, ect.

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Quest bars = High protein, very low carbs.
    ***e Greek Yogurt (plain)

The #1 advice I'd offer is to try MyFitnessPal on your phone for a few months. It'll scare the crap outta you, in terms of what you're actually consuming. There's no need to use it for all eternity -- just use it religiously for several months until you adjust your understanding of carbs. protein, serving sizes, sodium, etc.

I have been hardcore into fixing my health and fitness levels for well over a year now. The results are outstanding, with a current BF of 9% and weight now hovering between 142-146, having dropped about 40 pounds. In terms of exercise, I am extremely active with ice hockey, gym, and cycling around 200 miles per week.

The hockey is all but cooked, as my new weight has become a serious liability. On the flip side, my endurance is sky-high.

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That picture, OMG, looks so so good! I love boiled shrimp so much.

We should probably mention for TAK, that the amount of portions is really more dependent on someones size and goals. You are a "bigger" guy so your protein, carbs and fats are higher than someone like myself. Let alone, I could never eat that much food in a day I don't think.

I'm thrilled you're still eating those egg white cups. I haven't made them since, but being unemployed for the past almost 2 months, my schedule is all over the place and I've really just been making plain egg whites every morning. Once I get back to working, especially if I get into sales, they'll be exactly what I'll need while on the go.

You're right about beef jerky, or any kind of jerky, are great. There are so many options like turkey, salmon, ostrich. And while I've never made myself, you can make your own jerky and that way you can control the salt and flavorings yourself and make them healthier.

15. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Good points:

1. I'm currently around 235 lbs at 5'10" - and usually try to stay just below 10% BF. I'm fortunate that at almost 47 I can still eat not too clean without gaining much fat. Using the outlined meal plan will keep me between 230 and 240 and I'm quite comfortable at that weight - but I know that as I get older it would be smarter to get below 220 lbs..........just haven't been able to get there mentally yet.

2. IOU my friend for those egg white cupcakes - sooooo easy to make, healthy and quite tasty. Even my wife is hooked on them and we usually make a batch of 15 pcs every other day.

16. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Damn Daniel - that is quite impressive (200 miles per week on the bike) - I struggle when I have to drive that much ;-).

Sadly I don't play hockey anymore......my playing weight was usually a bit over 200 lbs. Don't know your age but before I hung up my skates I played on some > 35 teams that were almost "no-contact"......a lot of fun where lower weight wouldn't be a liability and your extra speed/endurance might be a huge advantage.

17. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm working on trying to figure out what really works for me to get my BF down. It's not high by any means, but I really do want to get to a point I haven't been at since college (of course I was just a skinny 120lb guy back then), but now with muscle mass I'd love to have that flat stomach.

I just found out that I've gone over the 160lb mark when my friend told me to step on a scale because he could tell I've put on some more size recently. So I'm gonna try to get back to 155 or a little below but keep the muscle. I have also learned recently that I can't do carbs at night. It completely screws up my sleep.

Don't owe me anything man. I'm just glad I offered something up that was useful. That is so many a day, but awesome!

Today I'm going to roast some frozen asparagus I found in the freezer I bought about 2 months ago.

18. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I turned 47 last week, and play in a no-check adult league -- but there is still plenty of contact and the issue is simply not having enough "meat" on my bones to remain standing when I'm bumped at speed. Endurance is not an issue. In years past, I'd crawl off the ice basically hacking up a lung and wanting to die. These days, I can finish a 60-minute game (maybe 9-12 shifts), and still want to keep skating. It is a very nice change to literally jump over the boards and consume less than 1/2 bottle of water per game. Mind you, my skills as a hockey player are decidedly unimpressive.

Last week was 203 miles cycling, with about 45% of it coming on Saturday. I honestly don't know why I ride so much, except that I am addicted to the pain and the absolute joy of being disconnected from the internet, phone, etc. The weight loss is a nice side-benefit.

19. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks for sharing that and AMAZING picture - that looks yummy! :)

20. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I heard to not eat red meat by some people as it takes long for your body to digest, etc.. Was this the main reason you chose to give up on red meat? I do love steaks but I am trying to focus more toward a healthy lifestyle and might have to make sacrifices :(

-Action

21. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Day 1 of working out today:

Did 1 mile on the treadmill at a incline of 15 (highest) at 3.6-4.0 mph in 15:47

Also did a max effort 2000 meter row on the C2 rower at 0 resistance in 8:59 (and boy was that TOUGH) Some of you professional rowers who do 10,000 meters in a sessions, I give you ALOT of respect!!!

-Action

22. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I don't think there are any major health issues when eating (lean) red meat in moderation. For me it's a personal decision as I don't really like how animals are treated - I get my turkey and chicken from a local free range farm - if not for my frequent business travel, I would eat vegetarian with the occasional fish/seafood thrown in.

23. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Good job - great start!!! Keep it up bro.

What are your main goals - weight loss/leaning out, better cardiovascular health, looks?

24. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

+1

Wear a heart monitor and discover where your various HR zones are. Once you know them, your cardio efforts can be far more targeted to whatever goals you have (endurance, anaerobic, VO2MAX, etc).

Chest straps are pretty cheap ($<100) and absolutely necessary in hitting/maintaining specific targets during your workout. FWIW, I have a Polar H7 and a Wahoo brand. They both work identically and came from Amazon. Most gym equipment will support Bluetooth HR monitors. Ask you gym, and Google the model of the rower you use.

25. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think weight loss / getting lean is main goal, but good cardio in a close 2nd. I'm so out of shape right now its sad :(