Your Weekly Meal Plan | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your Weekly Meal Plan

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by TexasF355F1, Apr 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I will definitely look into getting one of these! Thanks!
    And I realized I accidentally posted my workout in the "meal plan" instead of "workout thread" oops

-Action

2. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    #27 Xcheckme, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    You'll get there - just ease in to working out and stay with it.

Would highly recommend weight training as well: The more muscle you carry, the more calories you'll burn without having to do hours of cardio - and the better you'll look and feel.

I've gotten to the point where I can quite easily control my body fat simply by slightly changing caloric intake (no real change to my diet). I like to be (reasonably) lean year round and my only cardio is walking or rollerblading with my dogs (the latter really isn't any cardio as they tend to pull me :)

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #29 TexasF355F1, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Looks better than mine ever did!!:D

Beans before a workout would equal a bad idea for me!:D:D

I just eat a slice of bread before my workouts. How long do you eat before you workout?

BTW Lukas, any suggestions on me cutting more effectively? My current macros are around 160g protein, 160g carb, about 50-60g fat, weight being around 160. Last week I got down to 158, but since then I haven't been able to get below 162. Nothing's changed at all diet wise.

5. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Ha - Edamame aren't as potent - but my methane output could probably generate enough electricity to power the gym while I'm there no matter what I eat.

I eat about 30 minutes before going to work out. Still trying to come to figure out my hypoglycemia so I HAVE to eat a lot more frequently than I used to. Usually my body lets me know about 15 minutes before I get in trouble, then I need sugar (pronto).

Missed that moment twice over the last 3 years and ended up with hefty seizures, 30 stitches in my forehead and spent a couple days in ICU.

Can't leave the house without eating something or bringing something with me.......the downside to having a rather fast metabolism. Upside: I could eat like crap and it would be almost impossible for me to get fat :)

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I thought it might be something other than beans because they looked too dry, but edamame didn't cross my mind. Not a fan though.:)

Oh wow, yea you definitely gotta keep track of that. Very very scary stuff.

I used to eat a full blown meal an hour or so before I'd hit the gym. Now it's up to 4 hours (usually no more than 3 though), but like I mentioned, I eat a slice of bread 30 minutes to an hour before. If I don't I get nauseous for the first 20 minutes or so and dry heave. Never thrown up, but just have to watch myself and let the sensation pass before going back to lifting.

7. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I just feel like a fat a$$ being around 225 (most ive ever weighed in my life :( ) and guess I'm gonna hit the weights starting monday and still do some cardio.

-Action

8. TheActionKid

TheActionKid Karting

Mar 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You are so lucky you can eat whatever you want and not get fat! Im jealous!

9. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    27g of protein, 30g of carbs, 12g of fat every three hours.

10. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How many meals and what do type of foods?

11. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Every three hours as long as I am awake. The last meal sometimes is 1/2 those numbers, like at 9:00 if I go to be at 10:30. The numbers were calculated based off my lean body mass, so different people have different numbers.

I try to have something good, chicken breast, turkey breast, avocado for fats, nuts, fruit for carbs. Protein has to be animal protein.

I can if I want though have turkey breast to get my protein, and peanut butter cups for fat and carbs... healthy choice no, but keeps me in my numbers so my weight/body fat % stays in check.

I have one cheat meal a week where I eat whatever I want in an hour.

12. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around how anyone can actually like any version of yoghurt unless it's frozen. ;)

13. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around how anyone can actually like any version of yoghurt unless it's frozen. My Dad used to eat that stuff, but I just can't. ;)

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I like Pure Protein bars from Costco. I get 10-15 18 count boxes when they go on sale at about $11.50 a box (usually $17.50 a box). The bars average 200 calories each and 20 grams of protein in each.

My breakfast is 6 egg whites with 4 yolks scrambled and put on a toasted slice of bread and slice of low fat cheese and turkey slice. I also eat a cup of Dannon yogurt that's 80 calories with 12g protein.

Lunch is two pure protein bars.

Afternoon snacks before working out include an apple, orange, and banana.

After my workout, I eat another cup of yogurt right before dinner.

Dinner is 1/3 cup brown rice (precooked quantity) and either a chicken breast (7oz or so) or salmon (10-12oz).

Then two carrots after dinner for snack to keep me full and source of fiber.

Breakfast: 64g protein, 36g carbs, 25g fat.
    Lunch: 40g protein, 34g carb, 10g fat.
    Snacks: 4g protein, 74g carb, 0g fat
    Dinner (chicken): 64g protein, 56g carb, 3g fat. Salmon dinners more protein by like 20g and fat.

Works out to about 175g protein, 200g carbs and 38g fat for 1,900 calories.

I'm 5'10" and weigh 165lbs. I was able to lose 15lb the last 10 weeks sticking to that diet and giving up eating out at restaurants. Going out added the calories and made me lazy and not workout that day.

I do cardio everyday on a recumbent bike for 30 mins (350cal burned) and do weight lifting 4x a week. I mostly did that prior to 10 weeks ago, but really the strict diet made me lose weight.

I will probably add more calories if I drop below 160lb as I like my current weight level and would like to maintain it. Most of the fat I've lost the last few months is midsection.

15. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    So here's what I'm currently adding to my yogurt. Multiple drops of Whole Foods stevia with french vanilla. Some Costco unsalted mixed nuts. Some Lily's ultra low carb chocolate chips. It tastes so good (given my severe restrictions) that I could eat it several times a day.