YOUR WIFE vs. YOUR FERRARI? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

YOUR WIFE vs. YOUR FERRARI?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mr_ferrari, Nov 26, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MY WIFE...NOT BECAUSE SHE IS A WONDERFUL WIFE AND GREAT MOTHER.........BUT A DIVORCE WOULD COST ME MORE THAN A ENZO :)

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Bruce...!

3. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Wife,

She will say, “Are you not going a little fast?”

Then I step on it. She gets very quite.

End of story.

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Catherine- LOL! You have it right, find somebody who's into the cars too.

(although you don't always have to share the same passions, just respect each others' and support them in their persuits.)

Best!
    Ben.

5. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I got married when I already had my first Ferrari (308 GT4)
    PRE-EXISTING CONDITION !
    She participated in the acquisition of the second (250 GTE).
    Long Story:
    http:/www.guigui.com/250gte.htm

Once she made a point about jewelry of equivalent value, but to me, her Ferrari is the MBA she is persuing as a stay at home mom of two young kids (thus the 4 seater Ferraris). To get a second Ferrari (she liked the Maranello and the 456), I know that I would need to buy a diamond worth....oooh.....the 30K service on a Testarossa. Can't lift my leg that high at the moment, being on a single income and all...
    I can't complain. She is quite understanding of the obsession and the expense of owning a Ferrari. We own most of the house, in a pretty expensive real estate market, and we are not saving on food to keep the Ferrari. If it were to get to that point, I would sell it.

luke, SF, CA

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Ferrari, I told my girl if we get hitched she will have to get her own. See if it comes down to it, you can always get more girls with a Ferrari, you can't get a Ferrari with a wife.

Ferraris do depreciate as much as a wife, or require as much maintenance.

7. kenjulco

kenjulco Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Im in Australia and have a 355 spyder.A 456 would enable me to drive my 2 kids to school.She wont let me get the 456.She did allow me to put a down-stroke on a new 420 spyder.I cant figure.Any comments on the thinking?

8. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Steven, LMAO:)

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Kenjulco: buy her the 456...

--Dan

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    bobafett,

Last year a friend of mine upgraded GirlFriend 1.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog, leaving very little system resource for other applications. He is only now noticing that Wife 1.0 also is spawning Child-Processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product brochure or the documentation, though other users have informed him that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application. Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself such that it is always lauched at system initialisation where it can monitor all other system activity.

He's finding that some applications such as PokerNight 10.3, BeerBash 2.5, and PubNight 7.0 are no longer able to run in the system at all, crashing the system when selected (even though they always worked fine before). At installation, Wife 1.0 provides no option as to the installation of undesired Plug-Ins such as MotherInLaw 55.8 and BrotherInLaw Beta release. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

Some features he'd like to see in the upcoming wife 2.0.:

**A "Don't remind me again" button

**Minimize button

**An install shield feature that allows Wife 2.0 to be installed with the option to uninstall at anytime without the loss of cache and other system resources.

I myself decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 2.0. Even here, however, I found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 2.0 on top of Girlfriend 1.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 1.0 first. Other users say this is a long standing bug which I should have been aware of. Apparently the versions of Girlfriend have conficts over shared use of the I/O port. You'd think they would have fixed such a stupid bug by now. To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 1.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system.

Another thing that sucks -- all versions of Girlfriend continually popup little annoying messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0.

******** BUG WARNING ********

Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Then Mistress 1.1 will refuse to install, claiming insufficient resources.

******** BUG WORK-AROUNDS ********

To avoid the above bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and never run any file transfer applications such as Laplink 6.0. Another solution would be to run Mistress 1.0 via a UseNet provider under an anonymous name.

Jim's comment on above bug
    There are in fact two versions of this bug, and it seems to be a matter of luck which one you get afflicted with. The version described is the milder of the two. With the worse version, before uninstalling itself Wife 1.0 uses the Divorce protocol to install Lawyer 1.0 (and sometimes also Lawyer 1.1, Lawyer 1.2 and Lawyer 1.3 as well).

Lawyer (any version) will run for an indeterminate but lengthy period constantly consuming all resources. When it eventually ends it automatically installs Alimony 26.5, which removes MSMoney and any other financial application as soon as you install it. The core of Lawyer 1.0 remains as a TSR during this time, crashing the system as soon as any attempt is made to stop Alimony 26.5 or to interfere with its operation. This sometimes leads to fatal breakdown of the entire system.

-------------NOTE FROM TECH SUPPORT-----------

This is a very common problem men complain
    about but is mostly due to a primary
    misconception. Many people upgrade from
    Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 with the idea
    that Wife 1.0 is merely a UTILITIES &
    ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife 1.0 is an
    OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by its
    creator to run everything. It is unlikely
    you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and
    still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0.
    Hidden operating files within your system
    would cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate
    Wife 1.0 so nothing is gained. It is
    impossible to uninstall, delete, or purge
    the program files from the system once
    installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend
    7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not designed to do
    this. Some have tried to install
    Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with
    more problems than the original system.
    Look in your manual under
    "Warnings-Alimony/Child Support".

I recommend you keep Wife 1.0 and just deal
    with the situation. I suggest installing
    background application program C:\YES DEAR to
    alleviate software augmentation. Having
    Wife 1.0 installed myself, I might also suggest
    you read the entire section regarding General
    Partnership Faults (GPFs). You must assume all
    responsibility for faults and problems that
    might occur, regardless of their cause.
    The best course of action will be to enter the command
    C:\APOLOGIZE.

In any case avoid excessive use of YES DEAR
    because ultimately you will have to give
    the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system
    will return to normal. The system will run
    smoothly as long as you take the blame for all
    the GPFs. Wife 1.0 is a great program, but
    very high maintenance.

Consider buying additional software to improve
    the performance of Wife 1.0.

-- I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0.
    Do not, under any circumstances, install
    Secretary With Short Skirt 3.3. This is not
    a supported application for Wife 1.0 and is
    likely to cause irreversible damage to the
    operating system.

Best of luck.

Tech Support.

12. rjklein

rjklein Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    If it has Tits or tiers you will have problems with it!

If it is a money issue at the house sell the car, you can always get another one.

13. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    My wife once put it to me like this , "Either the Ferrari goes or I go ! "

I do miss her ---- sometimes. :)

Tom

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Don't ask don't tell.
    I never tell my wife what I spend on cars and I never ask what she spends on horses.
    This has worked for over 30 years.
    If you can afford to make yourself happy you should be happy that you can also afford to make your wife happy. If you can't afford both how could one really make you happy?

15. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    Ferrari for everything...

If she likes me, she shouldn't ask it...

16. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    My wife does not work outside the home. I write her a generous check each month and don't ask what she does with it. Likewise, she does not ask me what I do with it. Accounts are separate.

I earn the money; why would I allow someone to tell me what to do with it. There are far too many men who are P whipped.

All this sort of stuff needs to be settled before you get married. Never marry when you're in heat; you'll live to regret it.

17. Boxer12

Boxer12 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2003
    Interesting so see the XX perspective. Is that safe, doctor? Do you use a condom? (What if your gear shift gets around?) :)

18. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Extremly expensive to maintain and you lose your ass when you trade them in for a newer model. And forget about dealer service it is a joke no matter what manufacturer defect there is the warranty is nonexistent. I will however volunteer to PPI any potential wives :)

19. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    "ACCOUNTS ARE SEPERATE", THEN WHY GET MARRIED?? BUT THE CHECK EVERY MONTH GOES FOR DAILY MAINTENANCE OF THE HOUSE?? NOT MY BUSINESS, BUT I GUESS IT WORKS FOR YOU!!!

----------NOT P WHIPPED HERE }}}}}}}}

BRUCE

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    My wife is far more important than any car. :)

That being said, she understands my love for the car - That is why we have a great marraige.

21. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    My wife considers the Ferrari her car, even though "I get to drive it" On the other hand she dislikes my Maserati so it's my car.

However on the car thing in general, the simple fact is they are my toys, I pay for them. They come and go without much input from the Wife.

It's like I told her if she can find a better gig somewhere else go for it... Until then put up with it..

22. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    Many years ago, just about the first gift my (now) wife gave me was a Ferrari buyers guide.