Z06 Availability | FerrariChat

Z06 Availability

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Tomf-1, Jan 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    When will Corvette Z06 make its debut?
    Has pricing been determined yet?

Thanks, everyone.

Regards,

2. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    tom, i have wondered the same thing... chevy will show the car at the detroit show this week... for a spring, or summer release....car and driver estimates the base lprice at 62k but no word from chevy yet..it should have the same pwer to weight ratio as the ford gt... it will be a bargin.....

3. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    tom you have already used up your sports car buy quota for life...no more sports cars for you!!!! lol!!!!

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I've heard 62K.

5. david r

david r Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    minneapolis, minnesota
    Full Name:
    david redburn
    $65K to $70k, depending on options, according to AutoWeek.

6. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    Motor Trend is on the high end, estimating $75k-$85k.

7. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    The Z06 will be available in the fall of 05. There are a few dealers that are taking orders as of now. They plan on making about 2-3,000 the first year, and god knows how many after that. So, it will definitly be more exclusive than the C5 Z06.

No way will this car come in under 70K given its characteristics. It is going to put many Corvette buyers out of the market due to its price. Regardless, it is going to be one hell of a car at a hell of a bargain.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Agreed the car is going to be impressive (despite the fantastic plastic interior and gold chain looks).

But, at 75k, this car is going to very much move away from the standard corvette demographic, and buyers in this price range might demand a bit more from a car of this price, no? Then again, porsche has got some of the crappiest looking interiors around too (996).

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Viper by comparison.

--Dan

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    You are right, I don't know what they would be thinking kicking this out the door with that price tag. 60-65k MAYBE, but 75k would be a real leap of faith on their part unless the car does not come with interior materials by Mattel.

The exterior styling is nice ... for a 40k car, but at 75k, the fun money goes to the new Viper hardtop.

All that aside, it will be one helluva car by any yardstick.

Oh, and skip the Z06 moniker and revive ZR-1.

Do it for Zora.

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

then life is no longer worth living.... :)

11. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have a friend on "the list" for one. Through a dealer contact he has heard $75K base. But everything is just speculation till they print it on the window! ;)

Dave

12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I've heard 75k also.

13. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    If it is fall of 05, hopefully will be an 06 model. While the C6 looks similar to the C5, it is a bit more developed. I'm just iffy about first year production cars, especially when it comes to the vette. If you are familiar with vettes, you'll know that the 97 model year has horrible resale value and reliability. Three strikes at the factory that year and dozens of recalls. However, they did reduce the amount of parts in half, which means, there aren't as many parts to swap out in order to replace/troubleshoot, etc.

One thing is for sure, this will be the best bang for the buck.

14. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    The 68 and 84 model years had first year problems as well. I'm somewhat familiar with the C6 and the only dislike I have found about it is the keyless entry system but I'm sure that's something one can get used to. I'm sure a lot of new owners have had dead batteries due to forgetting to put the car in reverse when putting it away.
    I've never been a big vette or GM fan (the C-6 is the first vette I've driven) but have to admit they have come a long way with this car performance wise.

15. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree, once we start taking about 75k and above, it would be a stretch for a vette...no matter how fast or advanced a car.....at 60 to 65, its a different story....once you are near 80k, then you can buy a 355 spider, a 911 turbo used, a 911s, ...and vipers.....all these car have much greater prestige than the vette...i know the z06 should be in the same performance catagory as the ford gt...it will be a blast to drive..i quess i will wait a few years for it to depreciate to under 50 k ....

16. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    C05 was about $50K as drive-out price, & C06 costs more, so Z06 can be in $70K's w/out much surprise. There must be Corvette fanatics who's willing to shell out money.
    Your comparison makes sense in term of money figures, but you are comparing brand new & used cars. Logically, that is not accurate.
    Emotionally, I feel the same as you do though!
    When my C05 depreciated to $20K after 4 years, I was dissapointed financially. HOWEVER, I may still get Corvette in the future as it satisfies my NEED.

17. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Personally, I think if this car is priced at 75K, it will be worth every penny and more!

18. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    If the new Z06 reaches 60 mph in 3.5-3.7 second range, 0-100mph is 7 seconds and the 1/4 mile in the 11 second range, GM will have no problem selling the car for $75K. Also the use of carbon fiber and aluminum along with a dry sump lubrication system, moves this car more upscale than ever before. You can get to 62.1 mph before you have to shift to second according to Autoweek. So a sub 4 second dash to 60 mph is possible. Besides being incredibly quick the new Z06 is better in everyway over the previous model. Also occasional weekend racing won't void the warranty which is a great thing

In regards to pricing, Autoweek is estimating a base of $65K with loaded Z06's going for over $70K

Autokeek has a great article on the new Z06 here:

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101520

19. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    good point yoshi,it probably will be at least 70k, maybe more and will worth every penny.....i personally am a vette guy, having owned a c3, c4 and c5 in the past...i hope can resist the temptation of buying it when it comes out in the fall...good ;things come to those who wait, but rolling stone gathers no moss!!!

20. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I could have sworn that they said the base models where within $1K of each other (C5-C6) on C&D TV.

Dave

21. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    The unveiling of the new Z06 took place today in the Detroit Auto show. Bob Lutz said the car will sprint to from 0-60 in well under 4 secs,run the 1/4 in the mid 11's at over 120 mph, and have a top speed of more than 190 mph.

No price was announced as i dont think the price will be announced until June. If this car comes a penny under 70K, I will be very surprised!

22. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Fadi, if it is offered at <70K, how could they do it?
    - no leather/cloth only
    - no radio/speakers/stereo system of any kind
    - a/c is optional (even for a track car a/c is a necsesity in Texas!)
    - other stripabilities?

23. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

ok....i am interested in this car strictly for her look (yeah...shallow i know but im a lover not a racer). other than that, i know absolutely nothing (zippo, zero) about any of the above? are you serious about this car not having leather, sound or a/c?

24. Paul Vincent

Paul Vincent Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2004
    My prediction: regardless of whether the price is $70,000 or $75,000, dealers will be asking and getting a premium for the Z06.

25. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Without a doubt, but how long before they start offering discounts? In September the dealership that FFed up my C5 was selling C6's for 5k over sticker, they are now offering 1k off.