Z06 Availability | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Z06 Availability

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Tomf-1, Jan 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

The ignorance of that post speaks for itself.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Face the facts folks..It is possiable to build a world beating super car, sell it for under 100k, and still turn a profit for the builder. We Ferrari guys are like fashion people. We buy because of the name and make up excuses along the way as to why we lost the race. Real performance guys buy what will win the race, and what makes them happy regardless of what name is on the back. I'm quite sure if Yugo came out with a super car that kicked the ass out of anything on the road, you would still find bad things to say about it.

Way to go Chev..it nice to see such support of an American made product in this board...And you wonder why these companies are on the verge of going bankrupt...

3. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

You'll find that the car in question (ie the Porsche) tends to win races. Track races anyway. But hey, if we should all be buying 'what will win the race' we should all be buying 20+ year old cars and modifying them rather than buying a new one. I mean hey, what new Ferrari, Corvette or Porsche could compete with a 930 with 30k dropped into it? What new car will compete in the quarter mile with a 5.0 with 20k dropped into it? Congratulations, you've just caused the Z06 to be a poser car.

Cheers.

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Well, at any given price point there is a car at or below that price point which can achieve the best time around a track. You generally deal with stock cars...or modified cars, but you don't mix.

For stock cars (including the C6 Z06) I'd imagine it looks something like this:

SRT-4 ~ 21K
    Mustang GT ~ 26K
    350Z ~ 27K
    EVO ~ 30K
    EVO MR ~35K
    C6 Z06 ~ 65-70K
    Ford GT ~ 150K
    Saleen S7 ~ 400K
    Carrera GT ~ 440K

It seems pretty safe to say the next Z06 won't be faster than the Ford GT and it won't be slower than EVO MR, or current SRT-10, GT3 or 996 Turbo.

5. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Tom, FWIW locally I'm on a call up list for one, but its the same story, we don't know $ and it will be here in the fall. I like it too, but for its suspected track ability. If the pin heads around here do what the did w/the GT I'll just wait until market value over rides the lack of sense that some will have to pay thousands over sticker. Believe it or not, thats what I have been told.

Good luck