Z06 for my 360 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Z06 for my 360

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by mikegr, Aug 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    What he said, spot on.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
  3. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    There are advantages & disadvantages to each approach. Chevy had the LT5 & Cadillac had the Northstar, (speaking of V8's) so its not like dohc has never been used by GM before.

4. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    The remarkable thing about the LS/new LT is the physical size of the engine. They are SMALL! I have a friend with a 2008 Z06 and 1968 427 coupe. Both are 427 cubic inches, while the Z06 is based on small block verses big block for the 1967....it is amazing how physically HUGE the 1967 427 is compared to the LS7 in the Z06. The good old Chevy small block V8 may not be sexy, but it is a remarkable engine that really has no peers when one looks at it's low weight/small physical size/hp/torque/fuel economy/maintenance costs/reliability. I had a 2008 C6 convertible (LS3), the first MAJOR engine service is at 100,000 miles!!!!!
    Jimmy

5. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012

There you go

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0EM8pgtPQQ]HD: Corvette Z06 vs Ferrari F430 F1 classic GTBOARD.com race now in HD - YouTube[/ame]

And judging from your other posts, I can tell you hate American cars, no matter what.

6. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  7. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Actually plan to add 1996 gran sport to mi collection. I'm a Chevy fan all day long . That's the reason I'm so disappointed with them. Their quality SuKs ! Especially on their halo car.

Even ford has stepped up their quality a lot . Example , mustang body panel fitment much better , interior much better than even a Vette aside the slug Camaro.

The explorer is much than the escalade , I drove both when I was shopping for new SUV

So how Vette owners think their cars compare to porsche ferrari or lambo is beyond me.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I don't think a lot of Vette Owners really compare their cars to the Exotics, I think they are Daily Sports Cars that satisfy a much bigger spectrum. I personally think the huge improvement on the C7 is one of the reasons it is getting so many accolades. I would not trade my 430 for one either. But I still respect and appreciate the Corvette for what it is.

9. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    #134 GoonOnFire, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    And while we're at it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJvkD_BG0DA[/ame]

I dunno, I guess I just don't get the hatred for Vettes. Take the GTR for example.

For the size of it's engine and how heavy it is, the car is just lightning fast. But is the interior of that, REALLY that great? Maybe not as bad as a vette, but it doesn't seem to be mind blowing.

10. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I do. Had a 2006 Gallardo and got a 2008 Z06 on impulse in part and as a bit more of a DD, although I had no problem using the G for most daily driving. G is gone, Z06 remains.

Why? The Z is faster, I worry less about it and it sort of embarrassed me to drive the flashy exotic that could not keep up with my daily.

11. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    C7 tail is ugly ...only the stingray gets the better interior . So it fast ...big deal ! Every car is fast today ...plus many say it looks like they were trying to copy ferrari .

12. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    #137 GoonOnFire, Oct 31, 2013
    Ah, here we go. The typical shtick used for American cars.

The Corvette is fast - Who cares! The interior sucks

It's got a great lap time - But it's a street car so who really cares about lap times!

It's got a great interior now - About time! It should have had a great interior, so no one cares!

It's got a more modernized look that people love - They just copied Ferrari!

Now, on the European side

The Ferrari isn't that fast - It's not supposed to be! It's a piece of art! What don't you Americans get?

The leather is cheap and wears fast - So? It's not about the leather, or sound, or speed of a Ferrari! It's about the experience!

For the performance you get, they seem to be pretty pricey - It's called being exclusive! Only for the truly elite! People don't buy Ferrari's for track times, or speed, but for the HERITAGE ! (Yeah, blow me. You drop 200K+ on a car for heritage? Get real).

Ferrari's are unreliable - Yeah, but they're made in Italy by the best of the best, so it doesn't matter! It's a Ferrari!

Granted, I really don't know **** about either cars seeing as I've never driven one, but from what I've gathered.

If the car is affordable, good looking, with a nice interior, good gas mileage, and incredible performance. All of that goes out the window... because it's American.

If the car is highly expensive, comes with lubrication for when you get raped by maintenance fees, unreliable, and under performing... it doesn't matter. "It's a Ferrari".

I mean, I think the cars are awesome, but this is all stuff I've read from people on THIS forum alone. Even the guys on the Ferrari forum seem to love Vette's.

13. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    #138 FerrariF50lover, Oct 31, 2013
  14. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    really lemans ...F1 is the super bowl of racing and when has chevy been there.

didn't realize 458 FF or f12 is so and turns bad lap times.

Fit and finish much superior to Vette.And leather wear , Vette uses the cheapest hydes and everything comes from a chevette.

let see, you see a Vette every day multiple times.

Ferrari owners do like Vette but none are saying I'm trading up to a Vette, its the other way.

with all that said I'm still a Chevy muscle car fan.

I.really wish GM would step up build quality .Ford did and ttheir Mustang is higher quality than Vette

15. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    The tail takes some getting used to, but I don't think the consensus of those that have seen one in person consider it ugly. Of course you're entitled to your opinion.

The interior in my C6 works for me, but I agree the C7 is an improvement.

Every car is not fast. A sub 100k car that holds it own against cars costing three times as much is worthy of respect.

Some people might think they were copying the Mach 5. Who cares?

16. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Italian are about art style and looking good . No one's buying American suits art or food

17. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    Correct, because Ferrari is the ONLY good looking car you can buy.

Honestly, get real

18. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    answer this ,why.do you think Vette is better ?

19. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    What is it with you?

Who ever claimed a vette was better?

20. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    I never said it was better, but I certainly think that in terms of performance (Despite price), is passes Ferrari. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't members here even said that?

And that should not be taken as an insult. Because everyone that drives a car knows. It is RARELY about speed, and more about how much you like driving it. Gtr is a perfect example. Fast as hell, handles like a dream, and everyone calls it a soul less car

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    That's how I interpreted . Corvette is best power bang for buck. Just wish they would put more quality into their halo car

22. GoonOnFire

GoonOnFire Karting

Feb 6, 2012
    But that's what I'm saying! LOL :D It's not just a bang for the buck. The power and performance it delivers is incredible period! Despite the price !

23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Drove new Viper today . Now that's how the Vettes interior should be . Or like Caravaggio

24. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Have you been in a C7 Corvette or are you just reliving car magazine reviews of the C6 interior? Certainly, these very same car magazines disagree with you about the new Viper interior layout and quality. Does the Viper get a pass with you because Fiat owns SRT?

Jimmy

25. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    You REALLY need to get your facts straight before you start typing.

All C7's are STINGRAYS....
    The C7 exterior design began in 2007 so that's a TAD early to copy the F12.

Also, if you are "going to add one to YOUR collection", the name is "Grand Sport".

Jimmy