Z06 MSRP? | FerrariChat

Z06 MSRP?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by PatrickShim, Feb 6, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    I think it's a repost.... (sorry)

What's the MSRP on the new Z06 that's coming out? Also when is it coming out? Any special options?

2. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    I hear 65-70k will be the MSRP. I was told this by my local chevy dealer but they were not 100% certain.

3. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I've heard 62K.

4. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Anyone getting one? I'm seriously thinking about it. The interior looks so much better than the C6 and it looks much more aggressive... and 500hp...

If you are getting one and know some more details, let me know. I talked with a couple of guys at Chevy dealerships, but they didn't have much info.

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I work at a chevy dealer and I am not 100% certain but we've heard low 70's for MSRP. Not 60's at all. Convert C6's are now almost 65k optioned out.
    Erik

6. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    I'm planning to add one to my stable. A GTS is on my list as well. :)

7. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There is no way it will be 62. The current C6 convertible was price-as-tested nearly 62K in the latest car mags.

My guess is closer to $75. They have A LOT of expensive things in that car.

8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I cant imagine the new Z06 selling so close to $100k. Although it will be battling with the Viper with all that power so it might be justified.

9. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    For that money, do you think Viper is the better choice?

10. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Depends on what you use it for. The Z06 can hit any track in stock form and (hopefully) be able to post some impressive numbers, but it's not exactly an attention-getter. The current Viper is a good platform but I think it's more boulevard pimp than track whore.

IF I was in the 50-60k market I'd be looking at the Z06, or a used Viper ACR (with a ton of mods). Blowing the money on a new Viper is something I just couldn't do.

-Chris

11. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    What would raise the price to 75K?

12. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Read a couple articles on it. I can't remember them all.

13. mrzon

mrzon Rookie

May 4, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    I think C&D said the Z06 would be slightly more expensive than a fully loaded convertible. I am sure GM doesn't want to price the car out of it market like they did with the ZR-1.

14. RP512TR

RP512TR Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    FRESNO
    Full Name:
    Ross
    there is no actual price out on the new Z06 but rumors have it between 70 and 75 thousand dollars.

15. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    I heard thruogh local dealer high 60's
    GM is very aware of it's pricing mistake with the ZR1.

16. sh4m

sh4m Guest

Nov 15, 2004
    /me heard not over 70 so /me placed an order because /me wants one
    ;)

17. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I was told today the actual msrp of the Z06 is $66k-$74k...The best deal I found so far was msrp+$5k. One dealer told me that they expect the car to bring $50k+msrp for the first lucky few that recieve their cars in sept/oct. I am on the fence about seriously buying one, I have'nt had an american car in so long so maybe I am due;):D Besides, I am sure in a few months some tuner will have a 750hp kit or something crazy like that out for the C6.

18. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I think the best and most accurate place for Z06 info will be F.C Kerbeck in PA...I believe they are the largest Corvette dealer in the US:confused:

19. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I personally think it would be insane to pay any dealer markup on a corvette. Talk about flushing cash down the toilet! The Z06 will be an incredible car no doubt, but wait a year and you will get one for under MSRP.

20. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    you are correct.
    http://www.kerbeck.com/

21. r00t61

r00t61 Rookie

Nov 26, 2004
    San Diego
    Kerbeck is accepting deposits for Z06s delivered @ MSRP. Monica @ Maxie Price Chevrolet and Rick @ Les Stanford Chevrolet are also accepting deposits for MSRP. They all have large allocations (Kerbeck being the largest, of course).

Someone above asked about the differences between the base and the Z06:
    Quick and dirty version (stolen from GM press release):
    • LS7 7.0-liter/427-cubic-inch Gen IV V-8 with lightweight reciprocating components
    • 500 horsepower (373 kw) at 6200 rpm
    • 475 lb.-ft. of torque (657 Nm) at 4800 rpm
    • 7000 rpm redline
    • Titanium connecting rods and intake valves
    • Dry-sump engine lubrication system
    • Engine hand-built at GM’s new Performance Build Center
    • Aluminum body structure with one-piece hydroformed perimeter rails frame and magnesium front cradle
    • Fixed roof design optimizes body rigidity and aerodynamics
    • Carbon-fiber composite front fenders and front wheelhouses
    • Unique front fascia incorporating a larger grille, cold-air scoop and lower air splitter
    • Wide-body rear fenders and a unique rear spoiler incorporated with the CHMSL
    • Huge 14-inch (355-mm) cross-drilled front disc brakes with six-piston calipers and 13.4-inch (340-mm) cross-drilled rear rotors with four-piston calipers
    • 18 x 9.5-inch front wheels with 275/35ZR18 tires and 19 x 12-inch rear wheels with 325/30ZR19 tires
    • 3-inch-diameter exhaust with bi-mode mufflers and larger polished stainless steel tips
    • Engine, transmission and differential oil coolers; and steering cooler
    • Rear-mounted battery to improve weight distribution
    • Unique interior features including revised gauge cluster and lightweight two-tone seats with more aggressive bolsters
    • Curb weight of 3130 pounds / 1419.7 kg (estimated)
    • 3 inches (76.2 mm) wider than other Corvette models

A dealer on corvetteforum.com leaked this info almost two months before the Z06 debuted in Detroit. Subsequently, he leaked unconfirmed price info about the Z06.

Drumroll, please:
    $66K base, around $72 loaded.

Now the time comes for all the discussion.

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I'm quite sure I've heard all of them. A price increase of 30K, or near 70% seems quite far fetched...

23. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Read the above post. Loaded out $72K. Pretty close to $75K don't you think?

24. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

According to my information the Z06 will come in two trim levels, or at least pkgs. The LZ1 pkg, and the LZ2 pkg. LZ2 being the higher of the two, and coming with a little more amenities such as heated seats, Bose stereo, you know, all that extra weighty stuff that slows you down :) I assume the 66k being the LZ1, and the 72k being the LZ2. The LZ1 pkg is missing only one thing that I think should come with it that the LZ2 pkg has, and that's side curtain air bags, everything else that the LZ2 get's I think should be ditched :)

25. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Chassis is all-aluminum, regular c6 isn't. Magnesium and carbon-fiber is used in parts of the body work and chassis as well. Larger 6 piston front and 4 piston brakes are employed. Of course the hand-assembled engine is a different monster...dry sump, titanium valves and connecting rods, CNC heads, hydroformed headers, etc.... Suspension, tranny, wheels/tire, aerodynamic pieces and body work, exhaust, and many other component have also being upgraded and unique to the z06. It's no stripper either and comes with a lot of the stuff that are optional on the regular c6's as standard.

Overall, the price is justified imo.