Z06 or Challenger Hellcat? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Z06 or Challenger Hellcat?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by twist-a-grip, Mar 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  2. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #27 texasmr2, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Any pics? I really like the Z07 and have read nothing but great things about them and on top of that they keep winning comparisons, well done GM.

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I REALLY like the new GT350 and it is rumored to have over 500HP and is the first ever 'production' vehicle with CF wheels, cool stuff.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    A little birdy told me over 600 well over.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #30 texasmr2, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    More HP is always a good thing! LOL

Is there a production date set yet and I wonder what the flat-plane crankshaft will have on sound (just thinking out loud)?

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Might know some more next week.
    I agree the Gt350R looks awesome, but its smaller thna a challenger and more of atrack car than a cruiser. More like an inexpensive domestic GT3 than an old fashioned over the top bruiser.

If i were gettign a Gt3 then the dodge as a contrast might be fun.

Course I think the Gt350 is one of the most exciting new cars comming out, but then I am always going to default to track ability.

7. V-TWELVE

V-TWELVE Formula 3

Jan 1, 2007
    Vancouver, BC
    Look up the YouTube videos of the debut. In one they rev it when it's coming on stage. It sounds wicked.

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    It is people like you that I hate (but really love ;) ) because you "slap me back into reality" and make me realize how much I miss having a track worthy DD! :D

Time to start searching for a E36 M3 to replace the E60 525i. Here we go again! :eek:

9. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    Personally I'd grab a new Shelby GT500...Vette's seem too douchy, and the Hellcat is a boat.

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    The Shelby GT500 was discontinued last year.

11. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    No pics yet. Getting next week.

I agree that the Corvette might be a little ******y, but how much more than any of the others - at least I can take the Z07 to the track. The other cars mentioned have a similar stigma, but can't truly run with a 458 or 650S or GT3 or Viper - that's why I picked the Z07 as a GT3RS place holder (and maybe a keeper). Also depends on who you ask - I have a buddy that has a Ford GT, 2 GT3s (997 and 991), an old Mustang, and he's looking for a CGT, but wouldn't be caught dead in a Ferrari or Lambo, or even a GT3RS. He always gives me crap for wanting a garage queen 16M and a Speciale, but was stoked for me when I pulled the trigger on the Z07. A 650hp/650ftlb manual is worth a snicker from a car snob or two - too bad they have no idea what else I hide in my toy box.

12. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I own a 2013 GT 500 Mustang and I love the 665hp. The only problem is the live axle and the new Mustang is better looking.

I was at my favorite Ford dealer a week ago and I drove the newly designed base Mustang. It is an awesome drive.
    They told me the high HP version will be out in a few years. He quoted the HP at 650 HP. I am not sure if he was guessing or he knew.

Best

Lee

13. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    i heard 650 too, from inside ford.

14. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Eric: I am repeating what a friend of mine said when he was on the track at Daytona tracking his BMW. He said there were 3 new corvettes, 2 new Z06's with 707 package and a Sting Ray. He personally saw the 3 cars leave the track after about 4 laps. Later he went over and spoke with the drivers who said there had been a noticeable drop in power output and ,at that time, thought that their cars were overheating. All three cars! I have read where GM is aware of the situation but their response was that they felt the majority of owners would still be happy with the car so they were not going to make any changes. Another friend of mine who is a huge car guy had ordered the very first Z06 with 707 track pack. When he heard about this issue and confirmed it he did not take delivery of his new Z06. He loves to track his cars and did not want to deal with that issue on the new vett. I have also read comments from other owners about this issue. If you think otherwise that is your prerogative. I realize my information is second hand but it comes from 2 people that are very credible. They would have no reason to make this stuff up!

15. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Thank you for your clarifications as third party. I am third party too here and refer you to the corvette formum C7Z section where you can read first hand owner reviews from the track. I find it interesting that none of the three you note have posted over there or anywhere else. We all know that the internet has nothing but truths posted. All I ask for is the proof to back it up.

16. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Well it is official :) We both were told the same HP number.

Best

Lee

17. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    Does anyone know what engine they will use in the new 500?

18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Course a flat plane crank V8 with lots of revs will not have the same Tq as a lower reving supercharged on. Still the Gt350R looks to be one amazing machine, to me seems more exciting than pretty much evrythign else coming out.

19. JWeilan

JWeilan Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    I'm aware of that.