Z06 Resale | FerrariChat

Z06 Resale

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by iceburns288, May 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Can anyone give their thoughts as to what a Z06 (2006 or 2007) will be worth in 2008? 2010? 2012? Thanks :)

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    The data is out there, you just gotta look for it.

Go to kbb.com and also places like autotrader.com and check the resale of the 01 Z06, 02 Z06, etc. That will give you ideas on what they will be at in 2, 3, 5 years, etc.

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Depreciation will either be your friend or your enemy, depending on which side of the equation you're playing.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The previous Z06 is not even compairable to the new Z06 at all. That car was very close to the normal production version. The New Z06 is almost a completly different machine.

The 06 Z06 will hold its value much better. In fact I bet it will have vary minimal depreciation in the first 3 years of production. No matter how many they build, it will always be a very sought after car, the demand for it will not fall because of the performance level of the car.

The dealership I do a ton of work for has sold 6 of them in one week! For over list!! Amazing car, just mind boggleing...

5. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    2007 Z-06's can be ordered for MSRP here in Michigan if you look hard enough for a dealer. I hear that 25% of the production run of Corvettes in 2007 will be under the Z-06 badge...spread is gonna be something like 50% coupes/25% verts/25% Z-06s. That being said I feel that the Z will hold value better than the convertable even if there is as many on the road. The Z-06 buyer is not buying a car that can be driven everyday...its a pretty rough ride and it is so loud in the cockpit that you can forget about using a cell phone at speed. So in say 5 or 6 years you are going to have convertables that have 45,000 miles on them whereas the Z-06s may be less than half that number (or even lower).

There are plenty of used 2006 Z-06s that you can pick up for less than MSRP and the trend in those numbers is going down too. Those guys that paid a premium for their car new are going to be in a world of hurt when it comes time to sell.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    GM depreciation curves look like a cliff dive. Corvettes are better, but wait a year and you'll do well and still be under warranty. (I agree with the post above that Z06s will tend to be lower mileage, but the production figures are huge.)

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Funny..I took the bike out for a little cruze..went through some really weathy areas here in Oakville..multi million dollar homes..actually one is on the market right now for 45 million..anyhoo..spotted 5 Corvettes in the driveways of 5 different homes. 1 was a Z06 and the others were the normal versions. I guess they know the vaule they get with such a car.

8. Vang

Vang Formula Junior

May 5, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Or they're playing the "I have to buy an 'American' car" game and don't like the image of Vipers.

9. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I usually look at off lease pricing as an indicator for depreciation on "normal " cars..

The lease deals on the C6 Z06 put the value at a very unsubsidized price of 36 grand.

Wait three years and buy two preowned for the price of one new one? I doubt its accurate but it has been that way in the past I believe.

Traditional depreciation on most cars is around 50 percent in three years so take that for what its worth.

Corvettes in general are cared for quite well by their owners if you choose wisely...Of course there are people who own corvettes that race them quite heavily but thats easy enough to tell.

Good luck in your search and IMO don't discount the C5 Z06. I have one throwing down 415 now at the rear wheels with minimal investment. (new mods from the vette doctors out in Amityville Long Island this past week)

Great car at a relatively low cost. Lots of fun to throw around...

10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    In that amount of time, their value will only decline.

I'd say they'll go down probably 2-3k every year.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Not when there are about 4 imported cars beside it in the driveway.

12. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    The Z06 will see similar depreciation to Ferrari's.

It'll stay fairly linear and then drop faster to a plaeau.

The new z06 suffers from the double edged sword of to much complexity. Similar to Ferrari but with huge production numbers.

The c5 z06 is a cheap car to own AND maintain so it will in the long run be worth about the same as the C6 Z06.

Not to mention the Fixxed roof of the c5 is so unique in VETTE history.

13. crazynova23

crazynova23 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    If Chevy is able to keep the quantity limited enough, I don't think they'll drop below $55k until the next model Z06 comes out.

14. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I drive my Z06 daily. The ride is better than my 355 and about the same as my M3. And I can hear my cell phone easily. It's a very good 500+hp daily driver.

15. Duck_Hollywood

Duck_Hollywood Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I would guess that the depreciation of the C6 Z06 would be about the same as the viper.

16. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The problem with that train of thought is that Chevy plans to release (I have heard that could be in the 2007 model year) the Blue Devil Corvette...apparently Lutz is a Duke grad...that puts down 640 horsepower and price it just inside the 6 figure range. This is gonna let the air out of the 505 hp Z-06 in a hurry.

Prelim stats for the Blue Devil are 7.0 L V-8 from the Z-06 with a supercharger boosting hp to 'somewhere north of 600 hp' I have heard estimates of real hp in the range of 640...interesting that Lambo is aiming for that same number with the LP...swapping out lots of parts for carbon fiber and bringing delivered weight to about 2,900 pounds. Should be a real neck snapper when it hits the streets. :)

17. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Actually, I think it's another GM exec that's a Duke grad. I'm not certain of this, but I don't believe that it's Lutz.

18. tiara4300

tiara4300 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2005
    miami ,fl.
    Full Name:
    Adam
    according to my May 2006 residual value giude for leasing professionals the value of a 2006 Z06 with 24k miles in May of 2008 will be $42300. may of 2009 with 39k miles will be $36450. So far this guide has been very close on most models over the past five years.

19. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was sorta kidding about the Duke thing...I just though what the heck else could blue devil mean and figured that Lutz being such a 'car guy' and horse power freak was probably the genesis.

20. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're actually right about the Duke connection, I just can't remember the Exec's name.

21. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003

that or they keep the expensive italian iron in the garage...leave the beater on the street:) LOL, jk.

22. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Good info! Performance for cheap.

23. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

If that were the case the C6Z would be selling for 50K. A guy on Viper alley just bought a new 06 srt for 67K. What's that, 20K off of list? There is not going to be an 07 Viper and the 08 will end the C6 Z's 15 minutes of fame. When the next gen Viper comes out in 08 the gen III's will really drop.

24. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Not only that, but GM is considering having people take a training course on the car when they get it (it will be included in the MSRP).

Also the execs name is Rick Wagoner.

25. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I don't believe you'll see a 7 liter supercharged V8. I believe it will be the ls9 6.2 liter and 600hp.