Z06 Resale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Z06 Resale

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by iceburns288, May 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Everything that I have seen says 427 with LS7 heads and a supercharger...hp north of 600 and estimates to 650 hp. I heard about the driving school thing too...I think that would be a good idea for the buyers of a Z06 too as they are quite a handfull from what I hear.

2. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I believe the small block 427 is too thin walled for forced induction.

If you watch GM they tend to drop engine size when they supercharge.

I think we'll find they do this for the ls9.

6.2 liter forced induction...would be the least expensive route to take since the truck (escalade V8) is 6.2 liters.

I anticipate the base vette LS2 to become the ls3 as it moves from 6.0 liter to 6.2 and power increases to 425 or 450.

Then the blue devil's version of the ls motor would be the supercharged 6.2 liter. No hand assembly required would decrease cost dramatically. Just slap the supercharger on and go...

Might use the ls7 heads though....I've heard the escalades 6.2 liter has a variant of those heads too..

These big cubic inch engines are still lightweight..and packaging is not that hard...especially with the dry sump system to lower the motor to fit under the vettes hood..

JMO and you might be right. We'll see soon enough and I too believe the 505 hp C6 Z06 will drop in value somewhat after the LS9 releases...

Some guys just have to have top dog...so its good for the rest of us who might be happy with "only " 505 hp...

I know I'll be looking at my options then.

Right now I've got 485 hp and its a nice driver. The C6 Z does impress me all the same.

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Why would they keep quantities limited? Last I heard, GM is in the business to sell cars. They're not quite in the same frame of mind as Ferrari.