Ze spider, sheezza here!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ze spider, sheezza here!!

Discussion in '348/355' started by Kevallino, Jun 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    I have to work the graveyard shift.

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Glad you are happy Kevin.
    I must say not every customer would have had the same patience as Kevin. While we were driving back to my house from lunch he mentioned the mirror motors not working. Well, that turned out to be a MAJOR problem. There were other things not working and what I thought looked like the switch connector not being plugged in was, new switches, new relays, new wiring and a whole lot of labor tracing. Throughout these 3 weeks Kevin was not giving me any pressure and said just find it. I mean he could have screamed bloody morder and I would have even understood that!
    Kevin, you and your lovely wife will have a nice ride next time in Miami :).

3. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    Shazaam! Captain 348 Henry! Good JOB! Best Wishes! Drive Fast!

4. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I totally agree with many of the people here...I cannot think of a sharper looking 348 Spider that I have seen...All the best,
    Todd

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    That is the best looking 348 I have evr seen. The blue top & wheels look great. Enjoy!!!!

6. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    The car looks great! Good luck with it. All the best.

7. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Nice looking car!! Nice rims also! Concrats!!!

Waldo
    ForzaRossa.com

8. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Everyone - thanks so much for the compliments - mind you all I did was purchase it!! As many others have mentioned, I love the wheels on the car, as I think they really compliment the various cheeze-grating devices that came with the car. Normally I am a 5-spoke guy but I cannot see changing these.

Just got back from having new tires mounted - the fronts were date-coded from 1997 so that may explain why it wasn't that much fun to steer, particularly at low speeds. I have gone with S-02's (I know S-03's are supposed to be better but gotta love the tread pattern on the S-02's) 235/40-18 front and 295/35-18 rears. Yes, they are wide in the back. Still needs a proper alignment but is exponentially more fun to drive now.

Someone mentioned MOCA - the car was actually delivered at the back of the Jonathan Club on Fremont Street but right in LA. We both work downtown and live in one of the lofts down here as well so the car had to come downtown. There aren't that many little side streets downtown but Fremont is perfect plus my better half works at the JC. Truck is between 5th and 6th on Fremont, facing south.

Once again, thanks for all of the "thumbs up". Hopefully it will turn up in the spotter's thread as it is definitely a driver and not a garage queen - I look forward to posting the odometer going over 100K in this car!!

Cheers
    Kevin

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    great car! great color! many miles and smiles to you. Martin seems like a great guy too!!!

10. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Very cool car !!

I like the colour and the rims.
    Can you post some pics with the top down?

Enjoy it !! :)

11. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    As soon as we get some decent sunshine (although it is nice out now, so maybe I'll take some this evening).

Next few days for sure though.

Cheers
    Kevin

12. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Man...nice ride and all....but....why didn't you mak ean offer on that sweet camaro right above you on the trailer?!?!? That thing is sweet!!! :D :D :D

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #38 Kevallino, Jun 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The driver said the guy who was getting it bought it sight unseen and it wasn't that nice on the inside (like the windows didn't work, etc).

Besides I am a 5.0 Mustang guy....I have this ol' warhorse in storage in Australia.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow... Look at those wheels... and that color... Kevin, that's one awesome 348... Congratulations...! Please post more pictures of the car, preferably in the sun, shining off of that beautiful blue body... :)

Again, congratulations; enjoy it in good health but drive it like you stole it (from someone you KNOW can kick your ass...!)

15. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I DID steal it - if you don't believe me, ask Martin....:)

Cheers
    Kevin

16. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Congratulations!

17. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Enjoy. My first ferrari was a 348 spider- black/tan. I loved it.

18. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We took a few today on our run up to Ojai and Santa Barbara - they are at http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21853 Scroll down a bit!!

Cheers
    Kevin