Zo6 Vs Ferrari's on Nurburgring Video | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Zo6 Vs Ferrari's on Nurburgring Video

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Besides being cool for what it is, that video doesn't show anything about any alleged supreriority of the Ferraris or the Vette. None of those cars were even trying. The guy driving the vette doesn't even wear gloves or a suit, it is a leisure drive. You can also tell that he doesn't know the track and he hesitates on some of the shifts. The learning curve on Nordschleife is very steep. My former step-brother raced in the Porsche Turbo and Carrera Cups at Nordschleife in the early 90's and said laptimes cut be cut by minutes from your first ten laps to your hundreth.

Growing up I had a framed map of Nurburgring in my room. Watching the video, I was surprised by how very close the armco barriers are to the track, I also didn't see any sandtraps. Wouldn't want to make a mistake at that track.

2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    The Vette looked and sounded like a Chevy truck. For those reasons alone, I wouldn't own it if it reached the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I agree with you A.

My dad's Vette pacecar took me a few months of engineering, but normally aspirated it is demolishing vipers and at 3.8 for 0-60 with the top down. It will easily take out and 3 series Ferrari, 360 included. Kinda pissed me off that I tuned it so well it was a hair faster than my 550. But I went under the hood and had fun on my own with the help of Koenig, but it was very expensive. Kinda like how my 15k investment in a Volvo (580hp @ 1900lbs) can eat Porsches, and now Gallardos all day long at stop lights and long straight aways, sad huh?

4. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    Saw the video, IMHO i think the guy with the F355 was trying at the beginning to keep the Z06 behind him but let him pass after he realized the Z06 guy was easily keeping up and running harder ( especially during braking: we can hear some tire squealing and it seemed that the Z06 driver was, during a tight left bend, sliding and experiencing slight oversteer that could have ended to a nice slam in the hands of an amateur... ).

For sure the Z06 driver was pushing harder but it was also possible to hear the Ferraris at full throttle in straights coming just after bends...

I agree, Z06 engine sound: common

Ferraris one: pure music, exotic smell, so classy, ....

Anytime I would go for a Ferrari before a Z06, Impreza, ...

I don't care to be slower, but not the be the uglier! This is an almost no cost object!

I liked the way the Testarossa guy flushed the Z06 driver: with its right turn signal:

Go away and leave us alone and be sure to overtake me on the good side! I don't trust you...

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #55 tbakowsky, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Z06 is a very fast machine with the handeling to match. I have one of these cars for sale at my shop right now(04 model) This thing fly's. It will eat the ass out of ANY Ferrari on the track spit it out and comback for more after it laps you. (lets not get silly and say "the Enzo will beat it")

The car is a brute. It's made to be a track car right from the start. It has all the performance of the Ferrari..but the only thing it lacks in this circule of enthusist's is respect.

Yes the interior is typical gm garbage..but heck it's a 40k car what do you want? The car sound really good in person espeacilay with a nice Borla exhaust system.

You guys have really got to stop looking at thing through rossa colored glasses. This car WILL hand you your ass anyday anytime anywere it's driver wants to. Heritage is nice to think about and be apart of but it sure as hell don't win races my friends.

Long Live The King.

Tom
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    In the current issue of Sports Car International, pro driver Kevin Buckler drives a GT3 and a Z06 back-to-back at Infineon (Sears Point) and is over 3 sec a lap quicker in the GT3, doesn't like the Z06 all that well. My educated guess is the 360 is going to be much closer to the GT3 time than the Z06.

Gary

7. Corsa

Corsa Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ...and the CS's quicker than the GT3.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Right now where I work we have a 03 Z06 with a lot of mods, custom carbon fibre intake, rims, goldstram(sp) body kit, Sound system, short throw shifter, and single chamber exhaust. This thing is putting out over 450hp. The car is wild and fast as anything. But you know what I wouldn't spend the 40k+ we are asking for it. I would rather have a good 328 instead. The car is just not that fun to drive and they actually let me drive this thing :).
    Erik