ZR-1 sticker price | FerrariChat

ZR-1 sticker price

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 68rcodemustang, Sep 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 68rcodemustang

68rcodemustang Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Full Name:
    Mullet
    #1 68rcodemustang, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    I know it's crazy! I walked into Chevrolet the other weekend with my dad and they had a ZR-1 in the showroom and my dad asked a salesman how much they were asking for it and he was like $202,000 and then another salesman came over and said "No, it's $190k" Wow is all I can say....

3. mikeamg

mikeamg Rookie

Oct 11, 2007
    damn, that sure is a mark up. personally, i dont know if i could ever spend that amount of money on a vehicle that has a chevy badge on it. I have seen a few on the road in my hometown back in michigan as the GM exec's have been shootin around in em for a few months now, sharp car, not for that price though. i'd rather have myself a prisine 360 for that amount, heck maybe even another 430 with the way the prices are falling on em.

4. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    INSANE....I know this car is killer but for 200K ? It supposed to be hammer for exotics supercars but i doubt now with this price......

5. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    And there are those who raise hell on how Ferrari dealers do their dealings. I think we have it easy.

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Real number on the Z01 are rapidly approaching list.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Perfect timing too !

8. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Many folks got them for MSRP. Many more still got them for marginal mark-ups.

These 50k, 60k, or more over cars are the ones that will sit in the showrooms until Chevrolet pumps out enough cars.

9. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Buy a Viper ACR and be done with it.

10. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    They should ask for a million.
    The same guy who pays $75k over sticker just may pay $875K. You never know unless you ask.

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    #11 starboy444, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
    Unbelievable.

Its hard to justify a 200k sticker price for a Chevy. It seems like a great car, but I think it has been really hyped over the last few months, thus leading to the inflated price.

And who knows if the ZR1 is a timebomb? Are there any issue-free cars with over 20,000 miles yet?

It almost feels like a bidding war in the real estate market...... and we all know how that ended up!

12. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    +1

Most of the dealers asking those prices are content to have the car sitting on the showroom floor. They figure that its presence might help increase foot traffic at the dealership. Once they get tired of looking at the car, they'll price it at a realistic level and move it.

13. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Corvette Mike has one out here for $145K.

14. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

They're nuts and the guy who buys one at that price is a moron, I don't care how successful or wealthy.

RMX

15. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    So is it safe to say then that all people that pay a substantial amount over sticker for a Ferrari are morons?

16. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Its not about being a moron, its about getting what you want, when you want it.

The ZR1 is no doubt a very special car, but at that price a Ferrari seems like a better option.

17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    #17 Testacojones, Sep 30, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
    You answer the question just like I would.

A moron in a subject is the person who can't understand it.

I'm a moron on so many subjects, maybe including this one or maybe I'm not wealthy enough. But I think I rather take wisdom over wealth.

18. REMIX

We've been down this road before with the ZR1. How many are still sitting around in plastic after 18 years that will take decades to be worth what their investor owners paid? I remember NSXs going for over sticker as well. I don't care how fast it is.

The Ferrari question is apples to oranges. The ZR1 is not worth a dime over sticker IMO.

RMX

19. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas
    And the 1978 Corvette Pace Car before that. This corvette came with a whopping 220 horsepower. At first GM only produced 300, but due to high demand they produced a total of 6,502. One for every dealer. Exclusivity indeed. Into the 1980s you could find these advertised in Hemmings by the boatload still in plastic. Amazingly, specuvestors actually thought these POS were going to be a collectible. Go figure...

They will never get what they paid out of it. Savings bonds or T-bills would have been smarter.

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  21. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's a GM product. They are used to inventory sitting on lots with few buyers. Why not tag on a large markup and look cool in the process?

22. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Well a 360, 430, 599 etc. type of car as an investment is moronic, as it would be the new zr1. The zr1 is about performance per dollar and in that department makes more sense than a new Ferrari, we have to admit that.

23. REMIX

Actually, a used base C6 with a supercharger, big brakes, better exhaust will have more bang for the buck. Or a used Z06 with some mods. You can get those all day in the high 40's. Been doing lots of research on them lately. :)

I respect the ZR1, it's a stunning achievement for GM. They're just not worth one red cent over sticker.

RMX

24. REMIX

Don't get me started. I was totally kicked to the curb today trying to buy a used 06 Vette. These guys act like they're selling tons of cars.

RMX

25. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    A friend went that route with a used supercharge zo6. The other killer is a used Gallardo with a twin turbo set up and all for about $160k!