ZR-1 sticker price | Page 2 | FerrariChat

ZR-1 sticker price

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 68rcodemustang, Sep 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Heffner is right here in my backyard! I see them driving all kinds of stuff.

RMX

2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

3. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    The majority of the folks paying over sticker right now are those that "want it now," not so much as an investment I don't think.

So it's worth whatever the gotta-have-it value is.

4. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Well Ive been seeing these on the streets for a few weeks now. Waiting for them to come out I was excited to start seeing them. Driving down the road they do not look that special from another c6 vette. Driving next to one with my windows down and the radio off it sounded like nothing special I wasn't expecting that. I thought I would hear a really deep rumble.

Today I saw one in a parking lot I went up to it and checked it out. I think they added to many little bits to the exterior. The cover over the SC looks horrible up close, I heard something about it had to be a certain height for some reason but regardless they should have made it a solid hood. Overall the IMO the thing looks a little cartoonish.

5. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    Thats the same point I made to my friend today.

6. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Historically, you always want the last edition of the high-HP Vettes, not the first. Remember when they took the first Z06's to 405 HP after one year? You couldn't give away the 385 HP version. Same with the first ZR-1. Somehow,I don't think Chevy is quite "done" with the ZR1, who knows what they will add next year. Remember, this car has a 3-year run.

7. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    ...and to think if it had a prancing horse on the hood, it would be the greatest thing since sex and everyone on this thread with their "yeah, but its still a chevy" attitude would be jizzing all over themselves and proclaiming that 75k over sticker is the bargain of a lifetime...

Face it, stock for stock, new off the showroom floor there is not much that can touch this car for the price....even at 180k.

8. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    This weekend, I went out to the garage and pulled the cover off my old 1995 final production C4 ZR-1.

It was very interesting to remember (especially in this day and age of the financial crises) - that the doctor here in Dallas that bought it new paid more than 50K$ over list for it off the showroom floor,

- and then he only drove it for around 3 months and about two thousand miles.

Wonder how all those guys that paid 10 to 12K over list for a Z06 are feeling about things now?

9. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    Just wait two or three years, you will be able to buy them for 40-50K used.

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    You gonna pick it up, Tony?

11. Orbitz007

Orbitz007 Karting

Oct 4, 2004
    $117K for a Chevy? I rather take a bus.

12. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    I was at a show this sunday and was checking out a Z06. It had the leather upgrade interior option and i must say it did appear very nice. Looked like a good upgrade over the standard look.

13. Duane@VTC

Duane@VTC Rookie

Jan 8, 2008
    Valencia
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I was told the Chevy dealer needed to purchase apprx 25k of tooling and send a tech to a 25k course before they would get the ZR1.
    Also needed to accept their last 2 allocations of the 'regular' vettes before they would get any ZR1's.

Maybe the dealers are trying to recoop the 50k invested. How many are they getting? 2?

Just my stupid 2 cents of info I received from a chevy dealer I know.

Cool car tho