ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

ZR1 at Nürburgring 7,26,4

Discussion in '360/430' started by dreamcatcher, Jul 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bill2

Bill2 Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    GA
    I wouldn't care if the Nissan was 10 seconds faster than the ZR1, it's ugly. And I doubt that the car was stock. How can 480 HP and 3,800 pounds compute? Doesn't it go against the rules of physics? I'm no engineer, but it just doesn't make any sence.

I like the ZR1, except that dang hood. What were they thinking? I'm sure they will change that if enough people complain or someone will make a nice alternative within months.

The 430 Scuderia was designed to showcase the best Ferrari has to offer in a street car that can be a weekend track star. The F1 tranny is faster than anyone has ever released in a street car, the brakes are increadible, the extreme use of carbon-fiber knocks off a few hundred pounds, it has more down force, and the engine is tweaked. The result is one of the best looking Ferrari's ever made and it might be the fastest production street Ferrari ever produced. But for all this work and $280,000+, it can't turn a better lap time at the 'ring than a stock $105,000 ZR1 (I'm not counting the GTR time; I think it is BS).

Let's face it, if I'm buying a $300,000 weekend track car, I want to be driving the fastest "stock" car on the track.

There might be more speed left in the Scuderia, I don't know. So maybe with some mods the car will keep up with a stock ZR1.

But what's really scary is that if the ZR1's supercharger tuning is anything like the Ford GT's supercharger, there is much more than 638 HP available. The FGT's have a 5.4L SC that produces 550 HP and with just a pulley and tune ($1,200) I've seeing as much as 620 RWHP (700+ FWHP). So what will a 6.2L engine see with a pulley and tune? Maybe 700 RWHP (780-800 FWHP)? We'll soon see because Vette guys won't leave it alone. We'll see some monster power that GM probably already built into the motor but had to meet emissions so they detuned it. I was told by a Ford engineer that the motor in the FGT's were engineered to handle 1,000 BHP without any internal mods. I bet Chevy built in a large margin of error because they know how their buyers are---never satisfied with "stock". Plus they have a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. So they have to detune the cars to make sure they live.

It's a proud day to be an American.

- Bill

2. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    I read in the news today Magnussen had tried to break the record, but had driven the rims off the car. They broke.

Another attempt should apparently be made in September.

3. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Sigh~ Jesus, more Nissan ringer nonsense.

1) The GT-R does NOT make 480hp. The R34 did NOT make only 280hp. That's a given.
    2) It would appear EVERY GT-R out there press or not are Ringers except for the one Car & Driver used for their second test.
    3) Independent tests of customer cars have routinely duplicated magazine test results from press cars.
    4) Here is a neat video of a customer GT-R on the Nurburgring doing some fancy footwork.
    5) Yes, the car shown in the video appears to be a Ringer - just as every other GT-R on the road today and every GT-R that will come out of the Nissan factory for the forseeable future.

Enjoy

(make sure you click on High Quality)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8NwaSf4TTo

4. Matt999

Matt999 Karting

Mar 8, 2007
    If all GTRs are underrated, are they all ringers? Where do you trace the line?
    The car is simply underrated, the "ringer" term is only used when referring to Press cars with additional performance, as your video shows, the press cars are just like the customer cars, there are no ringers.

5. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M

As a car enthusiast I find it impressive........but still, even it it went around the track backwards faster than my 355 I would not get rid of my Ferrari!! :D

Still very impressive! :D

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

that is such a lame comment!

we would call you an "at leaster"...

...well my ferrari got its head handed to it buy the corvette, he then went on to take my lunch money, took my woman too...but at least i drive a ferrari.

big deal!

7. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    "At leaster" That's perfect!

Fellow Charlottean,
    Jimmy