ZR1 drive | FerrariChat

ZR1 drive

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Carnut, Jul 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I had the chance to drive a ZR1 recently, and I have a whole new respect for what GM can acheive. The car was nothing short of amazing. Yes, the interior is not perfect, but as a drivers car, at its price, it has no equal. The reviews are right, it can be driven around town, and it does not feel like a monster, but when you let it loose, it is something to behold. It handles great and is very easy to drive fast. If I had a place for one now, I'd buy one.

2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Definately a nice ride

Have you ever driven a Ford GT ?

Would be an interesting comparison

3. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    Haven't been in a stock ZR1... but I've driven a few GT's, and been in a few modded GT's.

They both get decent fuel consumption if not on throttle (pully/ tune ZR1 was getting an average of 18.1 while I was in it including some on throttle time). They both drive great, and ride great. Road noise is louder in the ZR1 surprisingly.

Interior trimi on the ZR1 is really a lot nicer than just Z06's... the seats still leave a lot to be desired.

when I get more time, maybe i can go a bit more in depth. The ZR1 is definitely a wolf in sheepish clothing.

4. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What's the difference (besides the ZR1 emblems and dash gauge)? I thought both had similar interiors, assuming that you get the leather upgrade in the Z06?

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I was offered a FordGT (a trade at Algar), a few years ago, but I passed, and I did not drive it, just sat in it.

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I dont think theres much difference in the interior other than a little leather here and there. The ZR1 may be a little more lux as it weighs 200# more than the Z06

Upgrading the seats is an easy fix

7. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    If you get the leather package on the Z06, it is the exact same as the ZR1.

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Awesome, due to ridiculous laws we in South Africa can only gaze at Vettes from afar, would be interested in reading more real world impressions of the Z06 and ZR1. Seen a few vids of both and the sound is very impressive.

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    #9 WILLIAM H, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a heavily modded 2007 Z with 603 hp, will soon be closer to 630 :)

Its a very comfortable car w AC, Navigation, a good stereo, plenty of luggage room. The interior is the biggest drawback but I replaced mine w a custom interior and racing seats

Mine is sort of like a Z06 GT3, I built her so she can run all day long at redline.

For the road Z's are great but they need a little help on the track as far as overheating, more braking, and downforce

Last shot is me passing a ZR1
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    the ZR1's ride quality/handling balance is the most impressive of ANY car i have driven.