ZR1 Pics | FerrariChat

ZR1 Pics

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by intouch1, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt
    #1 intouch1, Mar 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. essdime

essdime Karting

Apr 26, 2006
    Edmonton
    Full Name:
    Ian K M.
    anyone else notice the skull on the intake duct? Kinda weird.

3. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    the skull is cool,
    it was on all the C6R's

4. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    That is the C6R racing team logo. I think it's pretty cool.

I think the interior is nice as well. The whole dashboard is covered in leather.

5. XJR-15 RACER

XJR-15 RACER Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    Personally, if I won the lottery the ZR1 would be one of the first cars I'd buy, I just love it

6. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    I don't know about you, but the last thing going through my mind while giving 9/10ths on a back-country road would be "Man, I wish the dash material were softer to the touch".

But I guess if you buy the car for status so everyone knows you have money and a 650hp motor (even if you don't use it all), then sure the interior is probably not up to snuff.

7. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    In the "show car" photos, is the entire body made out of Carbon Fibre? If it was, that would be hot!

8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im a z06 fan but hated the zr1 from the initial pictures and mag stories as a tarted up heavy weight cruiser. i saw my 1st one in person at ny autoshow yesterday and now i love it. it was like the grey one above and it looked great in that color with all the carbon fiber. even the clear hood and side scoops looked cool.

i think it will perform quite closely to a 599 (as long as both have same 3 pedal transmission) yet cost almost 1/4 price. that is amazing. chevy needs to equip it with a dual clutch auto manual ala gtr and it will have a real american competitor for the rest of the worlds supercars

9. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Amazing.

It's all leather and somehow they still manage to make it look cheap.

Could pass for a Cavalier interior.

10. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    404 interior problem not found

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Have you even seen one? No.

12. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The same POS flopped out couch seats that were in my Z06.

13. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Jesus, can they not have someone design an interior?!! The outside looks good for the 1st time in 40 some years, but man nothing I like more then seats out of a parts catalog.

14. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Chevy needs to visit with the interior designers at Audi or VW or BMW. I have always been a corvette fan but the interiors in GM cars have always been crap in appearance. Don't those guys look at other cars and wonder about the difference? The last corvette I owned was new '79 and after that was out of my life I never looked back.

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    You're missing the point...Chevy wants $100k for this car.... Wouldnt kill them to come up with a nice interior....or then do the opposite and make it stripped down like an F40.

But dont make a cheesy low rent looking interior...which it is.

16. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Who needs to? Just go look at a regular old C6 Corvette, and you'll get the general idea. :rolleyes:

17. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    Would you mind telling us what you love about it?

If I had to pick a Corvette, I would go with that C6 RS that Jay leno has.

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It's a beauty...and I love the interior...very rich looking...it makes one wonder why us fools pay so much for a Ferrari when you can have so much car for so much less money...

19. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    The design of the interior is lacking. Its very bland even with some leather. The seats are terrible and should be a seat modeled after a seat from Ferrari in a car like this. Plus lose that stinkin parts bin steering wheel. Jeez. These points I can agree on. Car is cool but lets get some details right.

20. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt

you really call that leather ? :eek:

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Given the performance on offer here it is very unlikely that it will be driven 9/10ths on a back country road.
    For the track this car needs something other than cheapo seats. For the street that cheap low rent plastic will upset someone who paid 100k when it starts rattling and squeeking as all vettes do after a few miles.

Part of the dissapointment is that visualy the vette is stunning, performance wise it is probably up there, but for a few details which would probably cost GM 2k per car it misses the mark. Tactile feel is also an issue in a performance car. But then the domestic manufacturers have become artists at getting some details so right and then blowing it completly on others.

At 100k its not about bang for the buck(the zr1 has cost amortised over the entire vette range) it is about getting it right. To the extent GM dosent indicates they still dont have the plot down. This isn not jsut about the vette but all GM cars most of which are much better but miss the mark.

22. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    +1 Exterior = 7/10 (plus for the carbon body), Interior = 2/10 (they could've done better with those "Blazer" seats). Would I pay $100,000 for it? I dont think so!

23. speedy4500

speedy4500 Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2004
    On the other hand, if the interior is the only nitpick one has with the ZR1, you could always pony up $15k more to get a truly personalized interior to meet your standards, and still undercut the cost of any comparable performance car.

But this is an argument that has gone on for ages and will continue. As far as I am personally concerned, a simple, rugged, and easy-to-use interior is all that I really care about. Of course, you're talking to someone who wishes the RS4 would come with a cloth interior :) To each his own.

24. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    This has a higher grade leather. Said to be as good or better then the Germans.

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Do the doors on these things still vibrate like a cheap motel bed when you close them?