F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Nov 12 - 2pm EST - Challenge Stradale | FerrariChat

F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Nov 12 - 2pm EST - Challenge Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by Yellow Compass, Nov 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #1 Yellow Compass, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    F-Chat Live Auction - Sat Nov 12 - 2pm EST - Challenge Stradale

Bringing a new concept to Ferrarichat, the Yellow Compass Group as a sponsor will be holding a live auction for one of the cars in our inventory. We've coordinated with Rob Lay and hope to make this a regular feature on Ferrarichat offering a win/win situation where buyers can find beautiful Ferrari's at fair prices. We hope that those interested in this rare car will get their finances in order this week and plan to join us for the auction.

The car this week:
    2004 360 Challenge Stradale in Rosso Scuderia with red, black, and gray Alcantara
    VIN: ZFFDU57A340137670
    24,053 miles

Car photos, videos, and information will be updated this weekend:
    https://yellowcompassgroup.com/vehicle/2004-360-challenge-stradale-rosso-scuderia/

Our For Sale ad on the car here at Ferrarichat: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/535413-fs-2004-360-challenge-stradale-gorgeous-rosso-scuderia.html

Auction Location:
    This thread here under the 360/430 section

Auction Time:
    Saturday, November 12, 2016
    Start time: 2pm EST
    End Time: 3pm EST
    Put it on your calendars.

Currently this is lowest priced Challenge Stradale in the US. This auction should enable a bidder to get an even better deal.
    Opening Bid:
    $ 175,000 usd
    No Reserve

The Mechanic:
    Alfonso Joseph - Master Technician
    Services - J. Scuderia Automotive
    We have asked "Fonzi" to be available for 2 hours prior to the auction start at our location with the car to provide FaceTime calls to answer any questions bidders may have. He has also performed a pre-purchase inspection on the car and his thoughts are shown in a video on our website.
    Bidders can call us with any questions on the car at 1-973-610-7111

Clean Car fax and maint records are available on the Yellow Compass website and can also be emailed to bidders.

Placing Bids:
    Please feel free to place a bid on this thread at 2pm EST on Saturday Nov 12th. The auction is for registered Ferrarichat members and is transparent with existing user names so that the mods and all can follow where the results end up and who is interested in the car. Please focus on the auction of the car and take any market discussion to other threads - using typical Classified rules in play. We were asked to place the auction in the 360/430 section to appeal to the most parties.

Bid Completion:
    High bidder will need to contact The Yellow Compass Group concluding the auction to place a deposit on the car and finalize payment for delivery.

We look forward to seeing the car with its new enthusiast owner and continuing new auctions on Ferrarichat.

Thanks for your interest.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LoganC

LoganC Rookie

Dec 28, 2015
    Tree City
    This will be interesting!

3. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    out of my league.. but appreciate Mike's innovation.

4. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thank you Tony :)

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    So what would the protocol be if no one agrees to the opening bid? As with a true no reserve auction, will it be lowered?

Is financing available?

6. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    So its NOT a no reserve auction or there is no financing available? Or both?

8. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    The minimum bid is $175,000
    I'm sorry we do not offer financing

9. SpiderSweden

SpiderSweden Karting

Aug 4, 2016
    Why state "no reserve" when your reserve truly is 175k? Seams a bit stupid...

10. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    THE Minimum bid to buy the car is $175,000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  12. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This will be fun and hopefully encourage more of these.

Agree with the comments to make it a true no-reserve auction. Or don't use the phrase "no-reserve" :)

13. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Hopefully the low price will generate enough interest. $175k is awefuly low for this rare beauty (w/o auction fees/prem too) I understand dealers don't like to hold inventory past a certain threshold, but this will be a steal for someone in the long term.

14. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    No reserve makes sense to me if u follow eBay terminology. No reserve can include any starting price doesn't necessarily mean the auctions starts at 0. $175k is already priced below market value what do you want?

15. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    I have no problem with "no reserve" in conjunction with a minimum bid. In this context here on Fchat, it would seem silly to start bidding at some unreasonably low price and keep the "reserve" a mystery until/if someone hit it.

I think this is a cool idea. Wish I was in the market for a CS, as this one is gorgeous! GLWS.

16. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Thanks for all the comments, interest and common sense approaches. Auction styles differ from place to place - whether that is Gooding, Mecum, or eBay. eBay has the ability to start at zero with a hidden reserve - or start at zero OR any higher price with no reserve after that. So it varies. We never suggested the car starting at zero.

My apologies if there was any misunderstanding - the opening post seems pretty clear of our intention.

I don't think anyone here is interested in the annoying "I'll bid $4.35" on the 200k car to go on and on - so we just cut to the chase and said that we'd start the bidding at $175,000 without any reserve above that. Should be clear and a fun opportunity for someone that has watched the ships sail on CS pricing. Now is your chance to avoid missing out.

It is the least expensive CS in the US with about $35,000 until you hit the next one. and there are others priced another 30-75k or more above that.

Oe thing we will do is extend the bidding another 5 minutes after the last bid to avoid sniping to give everyone a fair chance. We want to avoid anyone feeling they lost out because of a late bid one dollar higher.

We look forward to the auction and seeing the car with a new caretaker. Please call me with any questions. The maintenance records are up on our site as a pdf along with a carfax and video from the mechanic on the inspection.

Have a great week.

Mike

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #17 sherpa23, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    This is pretty neat and innovative. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I'm not sure why financing is Yellow Compass' responsibility. However, I'm of the belief that if someone needs to finance a sports car in order to afford it, then they really can't afford it and it would be irresponsible to offer financing to them in the first place. Bidders should put on their big boy pants and have their cash teed up and ready. My opinion only.

18. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    There are lots of reasons to finance a car you can afford. Cash flow is a key to prosperity that most people never learn.

19. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hey Ryan, I got my first with 1.49%. I promise it was best for me to hold onto my funds with a rate that cheap :)

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I think that you're missing the part where I said if someone needs to finance their Ferrari in order to afford it . If you have the cash but can get a super rate and it makes more sense then that is very logical. If you have no money but think that you can probably eek out payments of "x" each month and that is how you can "afford" a Ferrari then I think we can agree that's something else.

As far as cash flow management goes, if I save my money to buy something and I do that and own it free and clear I'm not sure how that makes me less financially smart then having the burden of payments every month that I have to cover. If getting loaded up with debt is now called "cash flow management," I'll have to do some rethinking.

Of course debt has its place. I just don't know why it would be necessary for a luxury like a sports car and why it's Yellow Compass' responsibility. That's the only point I was making.

21. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Subscribed - Looking forward to following this on Saturday. Interesting concept.

Maybe Rob needs to introduce this auction feature in the classified section - a BaT like feature :)

Good luck to seller and bidders.

22. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Now that the boring political stuff is behind us and the markets are at a new high, I wanted to remind members about the auction this Saturday for this great car. :)

We have had a few requests for additional photos and those were sent to prospective bidders. Please call me with any questions. We look forward to seeing you on this thread Saturday.

Mike

23. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi everyone !! Just a quick reminder the auction bidding for this beautiful STRADALE
    Will begin tomorrow Saturday at 2 PM EST, it will conclude at 3 PM EST
    Our Ferrari master technician Alfonso Joseph ( formerly the shop foreman @ Ferrari of central New Jersey ) Will be available tomorrow starting at 12 PM to 3 PM from the YELLOW COMPASS facility for any questions you may have via FaceTime calls. Good luck to all see you on this thread at 2 PM

24. Yellow Compass

Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi everyone , Alfonso Joseph - Ferrari master technician is available now through 3 PM EST for a live FaceTime discussion from our YELLOW COMPASS facility if you have any questions you'd like to ask him about the STRADALE. The auction will start at 2 PM EST and conclude at 3 PM EST - the starting bid is $175,000
    Thanks everyone and good luck !

25. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Good luck with the auction!