Capristo or Kreissieg for F430? | FerrariChat

Capristo or Kreissieg for F430?

Discussion in '360/430' started by dias7777, Aug 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    Hi- new to the forum and was wondering if you could he,p me. Just bought a f430 F1 spider but wanted a bit more noise. Which exhaust is better in your opinion and why?

Thanks for the feedback!!

2. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Welcome.. Both are great choices which you couldnt go wrong with either system. I have sold both systems and I can tell you that Kreissieg scream is like no other exhaust ..Many have tired to duplicate and never achieve the same results they have. They are still made by hand until this day.

Capristo is known for build quality, performance and sound that they give these cars.. Neat thing about them to the boxes they come in look like treasure chests..

Were you thinking of doing headers and sport cats?

3. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Nothing sounds as good as the Kreissieg IMO. Not cheap though!

4. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    I realy dont know enough to even understand what benefits/cost/reliabiltiy is involved in changing headers and sports cats. I have read in several places that original Ferrari headers tend to crack?
    From past experience i have spend TOO much money on NA cars looking to increase performance and imo it just isnt worth it.

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Wait until I post a thread on my S-Line XXX exhaust, prob tonight or tomorrow night :)

6. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    The big power adder would be to add headers,however if you keep the factory ones then highly suggest upgrading the rear exhaust bracket as the oem can lead to cracking of the oem units.

7. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I think this is the only exhaust out there that rivals the Kreissieg.

8. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for the feedback Ahmed. Where can i get this exhaust bracket replaced?at Ferrari themselves?

Regards,
    A

9. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
  10. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    Thanks for your feedback and help on this

11. dias7777

dias7777 Karting

Jul 31, 2014
    Link doesn't seem to work...?

12. koukir32

koukir32 Karting

Dec 23, 2010
    Just thought I would throw in a few special exhaust system for F430 if you ask me between Capristo and Kriessieg. I would pick Kriessieg hands down. Heard the variable valve switch on the fly. Amazing. When it's full bore....It's agressive and mean sounding. When in silent mode it's just purrs....in some case I think it's even more quieter than stock. But there's adjustment on the setting as well.

Here's some other interesting find.
    ?Product Lineup?ROWEN ?????????

Full titanium exhaust. Super lightweight brand new design. And from a very reputable company. I believe in US their official distributor/Retailer is call "Bulletproof Automotive"??

Other one is MS Racing
    ››‚Ì‚¨“XF‚¨Š©‚ߏ¤•i
    (I would use your web browser translator)

THis one is kinda hard to obtain. And just like Kreissieg They are custom to your order. So you can choose how loud or how quiet you want your exhaust to sound like.

I would ask Bulletproof Automotive for availablity. They might be able to source out something for you.

Anyways, can't be wrong with any of them Happy motoring.

13. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #13 VividRacing, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We also are an Kreisseig USA Dealer.. They are all build to order and still done by hand..

Takes about 4-5 weeks to build and 1 week for EMS shipping. ( I ordered a 348 system end of June had in my hand beginning of August)

Ti tips for 458 for one of my clients.. These were just a treat to touch.. Figured to share with everyone..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Try the free 430 exhaust mod first. Pull and plug the exhaust valve vacuum lines.
    (5 minutes) I love the sound, revs and pops on back down now, sounds much more Ferrari like below 4K RPM! Keep your cash 430 sounds awesome stock IMHO.

15. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  16. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1. I added a remote valve controller. Now I can have quite when I want and can let it scream at low RPM when I want. Stock F430 exhaust sounds amazing. It's all you need. I will probably add the Capristo brackets to my stock MKII's though.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  18. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    its true...the stock exhaust sounds amazing...

im doing both. keeping stock for my garage queen 07 spider and prob gonna do full cap from headers back on my 06 spider that I drive

19. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I heard a clip for Larini exhaust.. sounded very clean sounding, anyone here know how it sounds in person? I dont want something too loud..

20. StoneCold

StoneCold Rookie

Sep 14, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Niall
    #20 StoneCold, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    I've not heard a kreissieg in the flesh so can't fully comment on its merits. But I do have a full Capristo system (headers, sports cats and valved muffler) on my F430 spider and it has an incredible sound. Full F1 (pre-2014) at top revs and deep menacing sound at low revs When ever I attend a supercar day in the UK, all I have to do is switch the valves open using Capristo remote and I've got an instant audience armed with camera phones. I've yet to hear a better sounding exhaust on a F430 or in fact any V8 Ferrari including 458.

The other thing with Capristo is their customer support which is definitely important when you tamper with a Ferrari. When I got a CEL shortly after my installation they sent over an engineer from Germany. I think kreissieg are based in Japan so that might be a trickier :)

jonnyray99 likes this.
  21. Doh

Doh Rookie

Jan 18, 2014
    how much does the full system cost?

22. StoneCold

StoneCold Rookie

Sep 14, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Niall
    £10k in the UK.

Aside form the sound it adds a lot of power right thru the rev range!!

Not cheap, but it's the exhaust system Ferrari should have put on in the first place :)

23. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    No offense to anyone with the stock 430 exhaust, but they all sound that way, it's a good sound, and better with the vacuum lines disconnected, but they are still very guttural to me. The aftermarket options get you a higher pitch witch gets you closer to Ferraris true pedigree, the F1.

Either way, welcome to the forum, and whatever you go with, please take some video, nothing wrong with more examples of exhaust on these cars.

24. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    In general Kreissieg and Capristo are the really premium stainless exhausts, with Novitec up there, too. The Kreissieg will have a higher pitched sound than the Capristo, and costs quite a bit more. The Novitec is considerably lower pitched. If money was not an object, Kreissieg for me.

25. alex550575430

alex550575430 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2009
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Full Name:
    LIN ALEX