Wow 1995 456GT for sale at dealer $89k with 32k miles! | FerrariChat

Wow 1995 456GT for sale at dealer $89k with 32k miles!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 348SStb, Oct 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

2. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I think dealers are seeing the opportunity to push manual 456 prices up since the market hasn't really done it on it's own yet

Since dealers play a large role in the way the market evolves, this move could be duplicated by other profit motivated dealers to move 456 pricing overall

Only time will tell, but being a manual 456 owner- I've wondered why this model hasn't been more appreciated

3. galileo

galileo Formula Junior

May 20, 2011
    That's a beautiful color combo. ^^I've wondered same thing.

4. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    #4 Andrew D., Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    At $90,000 US, I would sell my 95 456 manual,blue/tan 24,000 miles . I dont think it will go for that.

5. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    #5 AKINSB, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Mckinney

Mckinney Karting

Mar 29, 2013
    There is also a maroon 456 6 speed on ebay now at $105K. It appears to be the same car offered by a NY or CT dealer a few weeks ago at $89K, after a nice detailing and with better photography. The outright speculation we're seeing with these cars is very reminiscent of 1989.

7. Fennicus

Fennicus Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
    Full Name:
    Pekka T.
    Hi,

Yes, very stylish, that light blue metallic over a dark blue interior. Love it!

When I bought mine, I thought the Red interior could have been a bit over the top. Fortunately it wasn't live, just in digital photos. But I did see a car for sale in Italy that was also Argento Nürburgring but with a dark blue interio. Now that would have been more my style, but what the heck, I'm happy with the one I have.

And I don't think I would sell her even for $90k now, although I paid about half of that! :D

But I have seen that very low mileage seems to pull big money. Not for me as I intend to drive the car and not make money with it. (but of course it would be nice not to LOOSE too much money with it)

BTW that seems to be a VERY early airbag US spec car made in 1994, mine is without airbag although it was made in 1995. (sold new in Japan, LHD) I guess airbags were compulsory in the US.

Cheers,

Pekka T.
    Fin.

8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    456M manuals are the most sort after 456s even with the known issues.
    In the RHD world where there is only a known 35 they have all but disappeared from the market, the ones that do come up onto the market have gone up signifcantly in value.

9. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    #9 MoeD, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    You mention known issues as if these cars have issues and other F cars do not

I've owned mine about 10 years, and other than fixing the windows frames, I've not spent any time doing anything I'd say beyond keeping her tuned and re-doing items that wear with use such as shocks/brakes/tires etc. She's a manual transmission with 22k on the clock, and the engine seems to have become more alive after 20k than ever. This car really sings when it drives.

I don't know why these haven't take off pricewise. They were the car to have when first introduced.

Of all my cars I've had/have; forget prices/values, she's my dreamcar and for some reason also my gf's favorite. Doesn't cost me and drives Awesome- I'm not likely to sell her ever...

Bigdino likes this.
  10. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Why you ask,2+2 Ferrari always the redheaded stepchild.
    One of there very best.

11. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Pretty much says it all...

12. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    As I've mentioned in other posts, when I started looking for a '95 456 GT, there were only two "on the market" that I wasn't interested in. However, five were offered to me by Fchatters privately in the $45K to $65K range and I selected the one best suited to me. Now, I think the two cars offered by dealers currently were both purchased for less than $60K. I suspect there's plenty of supply that would have been available between $60k and $80K, but owners who would have been selling in this range may be tempted to sit on their cars thinking there's a chance for over $90K. I would prefer to see a gradual increase in the prices over time slowly coaxing out inventory and keeping the market stable. I'd love to enjoy this car for several years and then be able to pass it on to the next enthusiast at a good price. Any chance of that versus a bubble?

13. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    The market on these cars has potential to move to where it ought to have moved if it kept pace with the prices of other F cars around it. So a quicker than normal increase is possible if sellers follow suit to one another pricewise in pursuit of profit, or if someone were to buy as many of the 456's on the market as they could and relabel the pricing (I've seen dealers do that a handful of times over the years) so as to make the market.

Many of the dealers with a Good presence in the market have relationships with one another and will follow each other to make a market if they see the upside potential. This model may indeed exhibit the promise for such- At least I think so...

14. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    And I'll even bite my lip because I used to contend that the automatics were not what anyone expected in a Ferrari, but now I feel, as the car's age, that 456's, offered in both transmissions, allow pretty much anyone to drive and enjoy a Ferrari, and thus a wider audience is reached, especially in this country where automatics are a mainstay in the industry. Even an F1 trans can be driven in auto mode. People want both transmissions and 456's do both giving them wider appeal.

I do believe at some point prices on these will really move- They're Beautifully styled and offer a lot of car for the money.

Ferrari is also going to be doing away with V12's and increasing production to hit a wider audience. So way down the road these cars will definitely be climbing in price with all the others around them, the only question is when...but for now I for one welcome any long overdue recognition of this worthy model.

15. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Moe, I don't know that Ferrari can do away with V12's altogether. That would be like doing away with the soul of what is Ferrari.

I do think they may relegate the V12's to very limited production supercars (Enzo, Fxxk, etc.), so those of us who are lucky to have one in our stables now, should cherish the opportunity of owning and caring for one.

16. 166&456

166&456 Formula 3

Jul 13, 2010
    Amsterdam
    #16 166&456, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    That may happen, though I first see a trickle down of hybrid technology from the LaFerrari. I can also see Ferrari one day put out small V12 turbocharged engines. A 200hp/l 275 or 150hp/L 330 V12, anyone?
    Emissions will probably be the key. I am pretty sure that Ferrari before could compensate their high CO2 models with low-CO2 models from Fiat. After the IPO, they should probably classify as a low-volume producer, yet I am uncertain what the CO2 rules are or will be for such companies.
    Back on topic, the 456 is still among the cheap Ferrari V12's. Even 612s are not 50k anymore here. Something to do with store of value, debasing currencies, and market vectors such as globalisation and even the price of new cars. The interest in classic cars has become very significant on all levels.

17. Andrew D.

Andrew D. F1 Rookie

Jul 6, 2008
    Goodwood Ontario
    Full Name:
    Andrew D.
    Turbos? Nothing like the sound of a naturally aspirated V12. A 550 or 456,like mine,tubi,resonator delete cant help but bring a smile to your face,as you work it up through the gears, then crackles as you decelerate. Cant wait for the tunnels.

18. rgottschalklaw

Apr 4, 2015
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Randy
    A nice 456 gt went for $36k at Mecum Auctions in Monterey a few months back. It would have cost about $40k with commissions. Silver over silver. Lower miles. Nice enough but without a PPI who knows what sorting it would require. I have to think we are at the bottom of the market. I suspect a big whoosh of a rise in prices will come soon enough, similar to the 308-328 rise we are experiencing now.

19. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    IMHO Right Car wrong Auction house, Great for US muscle cars.

Google 456's for sale and $36USD you wont find.
    There is a late 456M in germany asking $142 USD.. Highest asking price I have seen But
    https://www.classicdriver.com/en/cars/ferrari/456-3110?page=1

Ferrari 456 for Sale on Car and Classic UK
    Even the cheapest is 50USD at 36 a missed opertunity or bargin depending on where you stand.

I really like the colour of the car at the topic of this thread.