License Plate | FerrariChat

License Plate

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by good2go, Feb 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    How do you mount a license plate on the front of a California T?

2. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    With double sided tape and screws?
    pop rivets!

3. jochem00

jochem00 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2014
    Netherlands
    Front or Rear?

and levelled, centered.

4. m2o2

m2o2 Rookie

Aug 30, 2015
  5. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    #6 LeoNewland, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I use a PlateClip, but they are no longer in business; however, you might find someone who has one to sell. This worked on the original California, the FF, and now the Cali T. It does stay on at high speed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Not helpful. Do you have a California T? How do you mount the front plate?

7. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    You are either going to use the Ferrari mount or find an after market bolt on. If you live in a place that requires a front plate, I would take it to a dealer and just have them do it. It is an inconvenience and additional expense, welcome to Ferrari ownership. The fun will be worth it.

8. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
  9. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    It states California. Do you use this with a California T 2015?

10. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Perfect. I did not know there was a Ferrari mount. I thought I had to look at after market.

11. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    The problem with the mounts that go in the tow hook bolt is the plate will set off the front parking sensors. And it looks pretty bad. The dealer gave me one.

Maybe you can order the factory mount from Italy, then cancel the order and save the order paperwork. Scan it and take the date off it in Photoshop and print it out. Put the front plate in the trunk, and if you get pulled over, show the cop that you have the plate in the car and that you have the mount on order from Italy but it hasn't come in yet. You know those Italians ... took 4 months, they finally sent the wrong one, you are still waiting ...

Not every state requires a front plate, and the absence of one if the cop is coming the other way is not necessarily a red flag. And if the cop is behind you, he won't know. If he pulls you for speeding and looking to add charges or he's just picking on you for owning a Ferrari, that's another story.

12. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    LOL

13. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
  14. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Correct the plate solution of the 'T' is coming this spring and we will post photos and ordering info as soon as it is ready to ship. Won't be long now :)

15. Peter P

Peter P Karting

Dec 22, 2011
    Boston area
    Exactly! Mine sits in my trunk on the tow hook mount "I have the center plate mount on order, but it hasn't come in yet... this one sets off the parking sensors, so I had to remove it"

16. Fly4Ree

Fly4Ree Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2015
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Don
    Brilliant. Love the 'it's in the mail' idea. If only it would work for checks....

17. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015

I got a ticket once while the car is parked for not having a front plate. Some cities make you have an officer sign the paperwork that you fixed it, luckily mine was just a fine...worth paying for no drilling.

18. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    good think i signed that 10% finder's fee contract!

19. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    I have the Carbonio plate holder but haven't tried it yet... Winter...

20. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    So I finally drove the car and fitted the place on an early California. Works perfectly and really easy.

Will buy one for the 612 and one for the Vantage Roadster as soon as they make them.

21. Cyphur01

Cyphur01 Rookie

Jan 23, 2012
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Nick Johnson
    I will take one for a 599 please. Carbonio are you listening? Since the unfortunate passing of the plate clips owner (great product by the way ) these are needed for almost every Ferrari out there.

22. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
  23. geoffs.online

geoffs.online Rookie

Oct 28, 2016
    Living in Chicago, I am required to destroy the look of the front of my 2012 with the license plate, so I picked up the Carbonio and found it to be perfect. Takes seconds to put on and off...so I only throw it on when I park in public where the parking enforcement posse lingers. Definitely pricey for a license plate holder, but worth it in my book for the pure convenience factor.

24. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley