McLaren said, Alonso said... | FerrariChat

McLaren said, Alonso said...

Discussion in 'F1' started by freshmeat, Mar 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    What caused the crash?

McLaren: ‘His car ran wide at the entry to Turn Three – which is a fast uphill right-hander – allowing it to run onto the Astroturf that lines the outside of the track. A consequent loss of traction caused a degree of instability, spitting it back towards the inside of the circuit, where it regained traction and struck the wall side-on. Our findings indicate that the accident was caused by the unpredictably gusty winds at that part of the circuit at that time.’

Alonso: "We had a steering problem in the middle of Turn Three that locked into the right."

Did Alonso lose his memory?

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier: "It was just a normal concussion [with] a loss of temporary memory."

McLaren chief executive Ron Dennis: "There's some loss of memory but nothing abnormal."

Fernando Alonso: "There is a time I don’t remember in the hospital, from two o’clock to six o’clock or something like that...I remembered the accident and everything the following day."

Could a gust wind really have been the cause?

Ron Dennis: "There was a fan stood on the corner with his son who has communicated with us in the last few days to say it was extremely gusty in that corner. In all his previous runs Fernando was saying it's tricky because the wind is moving the car around. Our conclusions that it was related more to wind was based on his comments and the comments of a third party."

Fernando Alonso: "Definitely not. I don’t know if you’ve seen the video, but even a hurricane will not move the car at that speed. Also if you have any problem or any medical issue normally you will lose the power and go straight to the outside, never to the inside."

Could a car failure have been to blame?

McLaren: ‘We can categorically state that there is no evidence that indicates that Fernando’s car suffered mechanical failure of any kind.’

Ron Dennis: "There was nothing abnormal that we could see."

Fernando Alonso: "It's clear that there was a problem in the car. It's not found on the data at the moment...there are spots here and there but there isn't a clear answer. If after one month we didn't find anything in the data then maybe whatever part was the problem was not available in the data so maybe it will never be."

Was Alonso knocked unconscious during the crash?

Ron Dennis: “He was unconscious for a relatively short period of time [in the car]. When he came to rest all we know is that the radio was on and we could hear him breathing, but there was no other noises."

Fernando Alonso: "I switched off the radio first because it was on and then l turned off the master switch to switch off the battery systems. I was perfectly conscious at that time."

Was Alonso unconcious after the crash?

McLaren: ‘Fernando was driven to the circuit's Medical Centre where the circuit's doctors gave him first aid. He was conscious and spoke with the doctors. However, as per usual procedure in such circumstances, he was then airlifted to hospital where he is undergoing precautionary checks.’

Fernando Alonso: "I lost conciousness in the ambulance or in the clinic at the circuit. But the doctors said this is normal from the medication they give you for the helicopter."

-------------------
    Source:
    How McLaren & Fernando Alonso's explanations for his crash compare | Formula 1 News | Sky Sports

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLO, this stuff is priceless, i also would like to hear Garcia abad, and why he made such a foul of himself when Seb reported that Alonso's crash was weird..(of course it was, if the steering wheel got stuck), claiming that there was nothing wrong with the accident, and getting all excited about SEb's declarations...what a bunch of idiots.......

3. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    My Dad always said: you can't win in a pissing contest with a skunk.

After what Ron Dennis and the MCheater team did to spy on Ferrari I would not believe RD if he told me today was Thursday. :D

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know what to thing about this situation!

5. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Well,... It is Friday in Malaysia.

6. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I have never heard of a "normal concussion"! Boullier and Dennis should be ashamed of them selves for downplaying such a serious accident (if this is true).

7. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    This is beyond belief. I've never seen anything like this in sports.

I heard they installed a new sensor; I assume something related to steering.

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    This incident could be related to 1994 in the sense that one of the biggest teams in F1 made a mistake. The biggest flaw in racing (and life) is human error. I want Ron to shoulder some responsibility like Frank did but it seems Ron's ego is beyond repair.

If I was Alonso I would be regretting my decision and leave McLier.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Again?, lololo

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    NAAA, this one is juts between uncle ron and Fred..my favourite pair...

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Anyone surprised by this hasn't been paying attention.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I don't think there is any surprise involved...but still funny to watch!!

14. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    No one who has achieved what the guys at this level have can be said to have a well balanced personality.
    Its funny to watch like its "funny" to mock the disabled.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Are you trying to make me feel bad about this? You're spoiling the whole thing!!!

16. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Reach your own conclusions.

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think i'll keep on mocking!!!

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anyone wonder why hamilton left now?

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What's really strange is we all said Ron and Fred are going to get along like oil and water with this match made in hell.

We never figured it would turn out to be such a soap opera though -- before the season even started.

The real question is what is Fred is going to do running around fighting for 17th the entire season. I can't see him doing it.

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
  21. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Ron & Fernando, together again! We gotta have a name for this festival of bovine byproduct. "Crashgate" has been used already ... any suggestions?

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Must be the weather..it´s quite cloudy around here....

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #23 TheMayor, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I can remenber a few...but i won't say...the linch mob is only wayting for an excuse.....

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    he had a lot more hair in the first photo!!!