where does this clip go on maranello timing gear area? | FerrariChat

where does this clip go on maranello timing gear area?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by stevepaa, Sep 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
  2. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    okay, looking around the engine bay i spotted the same clip on the fuel injector railing. The clip holds the injector to the railing. But I am not missing one??

3. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Some previous mechanic dropped it, couldn't find it and put on a new replacement clip. It looks like someone was lucky, as that could have gotten caught between the timing sprocket and belt with bad results.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Brian,

It seems like you are steping up your posts. I'm glad to see it. Thanks for your time!

5. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    I had to interrupt my belt replacement process to fix the flywheel lock. While the piece was at machine shop, I started to replace the hoses with Scuderia Rampante hoses and so this injector clip likely fell down from the water pump back lip when I wiggled the water pump out of its position.

6. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Man, are you lucky that that didn't dislodge and mess up your timing belt, taking the top end of your engine with it.

7. stevepaa

stevepaa Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2006
    san jose, ca
    Full Name:
    steve
    I am pretty sure it was in the valley area between engine banks resting against the water pump which blocks that end of the valley and when I wiggled the water pump out I moved it and it fell down, otherwise I do not see a path for it to get where I found it.