812 Replacement Rumors | Page 291 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Well, the last thing I did was to take the car to a gym in Miami to add some muscle to the fenders. And in this greenish look... oh yes, i like it...:cool:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi, flat-12, Sureelc and 16 others like this.
  2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Those red reflections would drive me nuts off dashboard

3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Dont even notice them :)

JTSE30 likes this.
  4. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    If you drive fast enough you can pass those reflections before hit you!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Shack likes this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    So, not saying it will necessarily look like this or that it looks good (LOL—i think it looks weird, but so did 812C with no rear window) but just trying to work out details based on what’s visible on the prototypes—the funny ‘chamfered’ corners of the rear window seen on the car seen at the ski hill over Christmas—and comments from those that have seen it, like:
    • ‘Canopy’ rear
    • Small rear window
    • Continuous line from roof to tail
    • Gr4 type wheel openings
    • Rear ended treatment similar to Roma
    • Twin moon roof
    • Daytona inspired
    • and, of course, I think they’re hiding something like winged buttresses at the side of the cockpit as hinted by the famous aerial spy-shot:

As noted earlier, the rear deck treatment is confounding because I would expect a spoiler, flick-up, or even a wing (I think @isot was hinting at this in his last sketch) but, again, if inspired by the Daytona and with reference to the Roma where the taillights are at deck height (also like the Vision GT) then I would expect something like the first render.

The thing is although the deck at taillight level looks ok in the first render, it doesn’t work in the second, side view. A wing (maybe integrated in the deck) or similar would help, but I’ve not seen anything about this being in the car.

Note that I’m not really trying to guess the actual taillight design, but just capture the height of the lights and in both cases it’s correct based on seeing the lights behind the camo.

I haven’t considered how the GTS version will look like or how the folding roof will work with the buttresses but recall that the 812 GTS does with the rear quarter scoops of the 812 SF. Also, I’m not certain that some of the roof details seem and incorporated in these sketches are from a GTS and not the coupe, so I may have been misled by that.

isot, mofatmi9, jpalmito and 6 others like this.
  6. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    #7256 Forza Scuderia, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    Assuming the rear window is shown in the spy drone grainy image there ….don’t you have it upside down in your rendering? In other words, in the photo, the rear window is wider at the top and narrower at the bottom ( which seems more natural and looks better ) and you have rendered the opposite way around.

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I think you guys are reading far too much into this spy shot...

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I expect the grainy picture car has no hatch, just body opening.

9. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Either way, respectfully, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say there is no way Ferrari ends up with the left and right ‘pizza slices’ where the roof meets the rear hatch or opening as depicted in the above rendering

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I hope not either… but let’s see. This would indicate otherwise unless I’m reading it wrong:

11. JJ77

JJ77 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2020
    My German dealer thinks there will be private factory viewings week beginning April 22.. if my UK dealers say the same then it must be on… getting real finally..

ingegnere and DutchieForza like this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You know this could be close. Please don't take offense here since you are using the car shots as the design itself. But it does look like a Manzoni design as it looks like an F12 with a bunch of gaudy bits on it.

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    iloveferrari and JJ77 like this.
  14. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    He just says that both versions will be unveiled during the Miami GP week (as Mr @Marcel Massini had mentioned quite some time ago in this forum) and that both photos are of the GTS version.

15. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Recently i received a personal message from a (well-known) forum member (but not day355 or MM). What can i say...?;) So i will now stop with new drawings here in the thread. Already spoke with ingegnere too about it... well, what does a source (who was able to see the final car and then compare it with one of my recent posts) really remember?
    Nevertheless i think, the final car could look a bit different or have surprises in some places. Maybe our “two experts for the final things“, ingegnere and isot, can still take the last steps. In general, i´m for my own have been always more interested in the general design language of the new F167 rather than its details (like the roof section).
    And what are we actually doing here? First some people design/develop a car. Then other people mask it to hide its design. And then a third group of people come along and try to unmask it... haha, very special (but entertaining and a hallmark of the ferrarichat too)!
    I have shown my last post to a good girlfriend and asked her what kind of car it could be. She meant the back looks like a 911... You see: i can't tell anyone outside this thread what I've really been doing here over the last few weeks and months...:D

TSOYBELIS, mofatmi9, Shack and 10 others like this.
  16. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    This is all very cryptic. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what was said and why you have decided to ‘cease and desist’ on your lovely sketches.

17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I think it only means his creative works coincides with the real thing to a degree that FNA feels uncomfortable enough and utilize some users here as a communication tool.

Good job to @ohno!

Thecadster and Senad like this.
  18. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    1. Getting too close to the real thing obviously.

2. In jeopardy of bringing heat onto our good sources obviously.

Thecadster, Senad and iloveferrari like this.
  19. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    This begs a question. How many of us will place a deposit onto F167 if the final product is close enough to @ohno rendering but this car is NOT the last NA v12?

There was a strong reason why so many people did tailor made for the 812 GTS because we thought it likely would be the last NA v12, myself included .

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Ferrari would be stupid not to cook a brand new V12 generation fueled by hydrogen..
    Only my two cents..

008, Thecadster, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  21. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    If it was to be fueled by hydrogen it would need a huge tank to have any range.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    On this site it was well warned not to buy the GTS due to the assumption it would be the last of anything.

23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    yes, of course, I just drool whenever I see a 812 GTS

24. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius