F355 Market | Page 538 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kryten2001

kryten2001 Formula 3

Well to put it in perspective that's less than 4 bitcoin. And people seem to think they're good value...

2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

$10 Wsmatau has zero intentions of being a future owner.

Ever seen scammer 355 parts ads on Facebook and just within the first few seconds you just know it's a scam. It's pure instinct. You just know it. I can smell it from a mile away. That's what this feels like. Wsmatau showed his true colors thru his inappropriate BaT comments I've seen live. Done in such poor taste they were flagged immediately. Someone who sees himself as a future 355 owner would never make the comments he made towards someone who had just won an auction with his hard earned money. Especially, with zero data/evidence to back it up. They're just drive-by posts designed to make someone feel bad because he has nothing better to do, plain salty, or just being retarded.

I would never constantly post negative gibberish in a market thread just because I missed out. If you really think the market got it wrong, just go out and get the car you want for the price you want silently. Then come post your new toy and be a part of the community because with the 355, you're probably going to need it. The constant trolling with no real intention to buy is just plain dumb. Disingenuous information guised as "help" at best.

This thread is for buyers, sellers, and interested parties. We're trying to help everyone. I've helped parties on all sides. Only thing I cared for was both sides of the transaction were happy. Never got a dime, never asked for a dime. I've been given 355 merch though :).

As far as me being replaced, of course I can be replaced. I'm just one person of many trying to make the 355 fun and interesting. I'd rather post trivial but interesting 355 stuff for comedic value. I come to the 355 market thread for a daily laugh. It's not that serious to be honest. But I do feel a troll/scammer should be called out. It's like an itch that needs to be scratched.

carnutdallas and Philipnz like this.
  3. sfcarguy

sfcarguy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 9, 2018
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Giallo with a tan interior at that

carnutdallas likes this.
  4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    And Daytonas. Fugly.

Philipnz and carnutdallas like this.
  5. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    steved033 likes this.
  7. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Would love to paint mine a different color.

8. OCKlasse

OCKlasse Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brandon K
    I'm strongly considering repainting mine at the next major.

INTMD8 likes this.
  9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    johnk... and 308 GTB like this.
  10. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I have a Rosso Barchetta pre-airbag GTB coming in soon if someone is looking for a non-pedestrian red. :p

Uberpower, Oz-ATL, johnk... and 2 others like this.
  11. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I completely agree on alternative and interesting colors. I have had a 355 in a great color alternative color: Nero Daytona Metallica - loved it. Working on an alternative color buy right now - shhhhhh. Let’s see if I can pull it off.

But, I bought the 458 to match the 355 in this case. I like the darker reds and blues. I like the low production colors for sure…. Just have never really pulled the trigger other than my GTB from a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnk... and 308 GTB like this.
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    My 1999 FHP Berlinetta was metallic Nero Daytona. Looked fantastic polished up. Still regret selling that car on...but it's in good hands and stayed local with a friend.

carnutdallas likes this.
  13. MK355

MK355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2022
    Full Name:
    M K
    I am a fan of this!

14. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I'm past it. My 355 may be Rossa Corsa, but my 458 is Bianco Avus. (430 & 612 both Grigio Silverstone)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    For anyone that thought I was trolling MK355 (or anyone else) I apologize. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that anyone buying a car of this magnitude would be ecstatic with their purchase if it met their expectations. I read his posts and tried to give an honest answer prior to his purchase as a stepping off point. I wholeheartedly agree (and restate AGAIN) that the multiple links and examples I post are at the mid-lower end of what I would consider an "acceptable" car (meaning a good driver at a fair price), @MK355 got a beautiful example (with the Ken stamp of approval) at a good price.

I think anyone reading this thread for any amount of time can discern that I am trying to show that there are really nice cars available that may need a little TLC for significantly less than BaT high auctions. I'm also fighting the hype machine that seems to follow a lot of highly desirable cars that investors ( Ken has made CLEAR that he values his cars outside of current pricing and is NOT an investment type). I DON'T see these cars approaching Dino-grade investments like I see in the comments here and on several auctions. If for no other reason that the sheer volume of cars produced.

I think Ken reads these comments and responds without any attempt to understand. I'm definitely not purchasing a 355 any time soon. I saw the value when I first seeking to understand the market. I went a different direction (for multiple reasons) but try to keep tabs and a 355 is still on my short list. As beautiful and engaging as it is, it is the "value" proposition it was 6 years ago (at least for my purposes.)

The idea that I am trolling, or a fleabay scammer is just wrong. But you do you. I don't think anyone thinks you are a fool Ken. You clearly have more invested in the community and this site than I do. I'll keep monitoring, posting and trying to fight FOMO.:cool:

sfcarguy likes this.
  16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    MK355 asked about the GTS over GTB premium. Here is part of your response.

“Classic.com puts the difference ~$25k but that can certainly be magnified depending on the other variables listed above. If we were in a bar, Apples to Apples comparison (more difficult than meets the eye) I'd put it closer to $40k for a lower mileage, "nice" example without paying for exact colors and options. Ballpark, manual GTBs are in the $150-$160k range and GTSs ~$200k. If you really want to sift through the nit-noids and debates the last 300 pages will provide some insightful reading.”

This only reads one way. Lower mileage (lower than avg) “nice” manual Berlinettas are trading for $150-160k and similar GTS’ are $200k ($40k more).

Somehow “lower mileage” and “nice” got flipped to “mid-lower end” and “good driver.”

If someone has time, grab data points of all 355’s sold or for sale in the U.S and see if we can discover the current median/avg. mileage for a 355 today. Median/avg. is trying to find a middle point for a set of data points. It implies roughly half of the data points sit below this point and half sit above.

I haven’t collected the data, but going off memory, my bet is the avg sits somewhere around 30-35k miles. Now I’m curious.

So when someone says “lower mileage” I assume he means sub 25k miles. I highly doubt the average sub 25k mi manual Berlinetta is in the $150-160k range. The BaT Silver B is 35k mi @ $160k. So is 35k mi considered “lower mileage?”

In regards to your comment, “I think anyone reading this thread for any amount of time can discern that I am trying to show that there are really nice cars available that may need a little TLC for significantly less than BaT high auctions.” ….

This is an open forum. You are free to post said cars available for sale not on BaT. Post them so they can be open to scrutinization so readers can determine the value for themselves.

After one of the BaT 355 auctions ended, you posted something along the lines of “The auction winner is a moron who bought into the hype. There are cars going for much less outside of BaT.”

Another commenter pressed you, “where ??” I believe yiu responded, “search.” Then I pressed you again on BaT and here. Still no data. You would think someone eager to show “proof” would have posted examples by now.

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  18. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Now you are twisting words/meaning. I posted that car simply as a question to see the price at which refurb/restore becomes part of the equation. My rationale was simply that if the car could be purchased sub $100k with a $50k (max) for an engine out, detailing, stickies, leather repair would be worth it to the people that are looking.
    IF (big if) the members here see that $50k as a reasonable budget for that type of project (or someone like Tarek or CarnutDallas that work in the industy and have connections to do that type of work for less than retail), would it be worth it? For someone that is on a tight budget and just looking for a driver quality, I was curious. $150k for a nice GTS is WELL below current market, and before you bother saying it, I understand that an all original 25k mile GTS is worth more every day of the week. But for the $50-100k difference, that may open the window for some buyers that otherwise wouldn't consider a 355, or would look to buy a cleaner version of a different 355 (GTB or Spyder.)

19. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Please be it known, I want a beater, 100k, or even 150k mile or more car. Anyone that pops up cheap, I am in - GTB or GTS. Would have bought the gawd awful LV Spider if it was not a Spider. Prefer a well kept or highly recieted car of cars, but clean salvage or paint issue fine. I want to build a modded car. Granted the. 458 has slowed down that desire, but I am game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Must be nice to own a bodyshop ;)

carnutdallas likes this.
  21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    In regards to that Dino values comment, a member on this forum was offered 350k EUR for his 355. That's definitely "approaching" Dino-level...considering this car in question isn't even all original, not super low mileage, etc.

The Dino is beautiful, but so is the 355. And the 355 is a better car in every other way...so it's a matter of when, not if, they will eclipse the Dino.

carnutdallas and MAD828 like this.
  22. MK355

MK355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2022
    Full Name:
    M K
    I didn't take it as trolling toward me, you can see my follow up responses after you and Ken exchanged replies. I'm happy with what I paid and I love my car.

Wsmatau likes this.
  23. sfcarguy

sfcarguy Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 9, 2018
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How much cash was in the trunk?

Wsmatau and Shark01 like this.
  24. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    There is a rarity aspect to the Dino that the 355 will never top. So even if the 355 is slightly more popular or in demand, supply is 3x higher. Likely more than that as the Dino predates the original Ferrari boom of the '80s and wasn't even considered a Ferrari for quite some time, meaning they were not preserved at the same rate.

sfcarguy and johnk... like this.
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    And the Dino looks classic.
    Love my 355 but it’s not a looker like a Dino.

johnk... likes this.