Group Drive down to Laguna Seca for Ferrari Challenge May 18, 19 | FerrariChat

Group Drive down to Laguna Seca for Ferrari Challenge May 18, 19

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by paulchua, Mar 21, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Greetings,

I'm planning to drive to Laguna Seca's challenge on Saturday, May 18th. We've met at Silicon Valley Ferrari in Redwood City in the past. I'm unsure about their plans, but ISSIMI in San Carlos is another possibility if that doesn't work.

Just giving folks a heads-up to contact me if you are interested in participating.

2. Nemesis138

Nemesis138 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2021
    CA
    Sounds like fun! I’ve been looking forward to seeing the XX/F1 Clienti cars again since I last saw them in 2019. I’m going to have 2 kids with me so I won’t be able to legally throw them both in the passenger seat (even if they fit and would probably enjoy the heck out of it) but I will reach out if my plans change and there is a chance to drive my fcar. Any idea roughly what time you’re thinking of starting the drive?

Best,
    Karl

paulchua likes this.
  3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hey Paul - sounds like fun. I’d be interested.

paulchua likes this.
  4. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Awesome! I’ll reach out as we get closer. I miss those drives down, something magical driving with a fleet of Ferrari on PCH (getting the chills right now.).

Forza

P.S. all makes welcome, I had a pleasure to be behind a Pagani last time we went to Laguna. I can watch those 4 flaps and wings actuate all day long….

Il Tifoso likes this.
  5. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I'd be interested too.

paulchua likes this.
  6. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am hoping to travel to Laguna Seca that weekend. Most likely traveling Saturday. Would love to meet any of you.

paulchua likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #7 paulchua, Apr 12, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    Thanks everyone! I left a message with Jason, but have not heard back, gives me an excuse to stop by the dealership. ;)

schumacherf2006 and Nemesis138 like this.
  8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hi folks,

I just got back from talking to Chris and Jason. It sounds like the good old days of FOG drives from the dealership are a no-go. It makes sense that after they have the full package deal—for safety and liability—it's good to keep it tidy.
    That said, I'm still thinking of doing a group drive. I will reach out to Charlie Miles at ISSIMI; that might be a route we can follow.

More info on that soon.

9. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Ferrari SV just sent out an email inviting owners to participate:

FERRARI RACING DAYS ARRIVES IN LAGUNA SECA

Don’t miss the high-speed thrills and amazing hospitality at Ferrari Racing Days — Laguna Seca, May 17–20.

Laguna Seca raceway, bringing superfast thrills featuring Ferrari Challenge, F1 Clienti, XX Programme and Club Competizioni GT. Join us at our exclusive Ferrari hospitality suite to relax and enjoy the incredible views with Italian fine dining and libations. Guests have access to behind-the-scenes paddock tours, test drives, a rally, as well as an opportunity to take laps at this incredible venue in your own Ferrari.

This is an exhilarating must-see event, and Ferrari Silicon Valley is providing an unforgettable way to experience it.

Our exclusive VIP Package would include:
    • VIP hospitality passes for Ferrari Challenge at Laguna Seca for Saturday, May 18 and Sunday, May 19.
    • Two nights hotel at Carmel Valley Ranch, check in Friday, May 17th, and check out Sunday, May 19th.
    • Ferrari Silicon Valley rally to Carmel
    • Friday Private lunch at Lago di Como, Santa Cruz
    • Friday Private reception at Carmel Valley Ranch
    • Ferrari VIP evening event
    • Test drive opportunities with Ferrari
    • Sunday Brunch at Carmel Valley Ranch

Embark on this exclusive journey and indulge in our
    all-inclusive package at $4,500 + tax & cc fees for one or $6,800 + tax & cc fees for two.

We look forward to greeting you there and sharing a
    magnificent weekend of racing.

Availability is limited.
    Please contact Sherman Chan at [email protected]
    to reserve your place.

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello,

So if anybody is a cheapskate like me, we'll be meeting at ISSIMI on both Saturday and Sunday

952 Bransten Rd, San Carlos, CA 94070

All makes, friends, family, friends, etc welcome. Spread the word, and I'll get it distributed with Former FOG members as well.

I'll have the exact times and more info to come.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dazed2day and Nemesis138 like this.
  11. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    How do we get tickets to the event itself? I can't find anywhere to get tickets.

12. Nemesis138

Nemesis138 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2021
    CA
  13. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Thank you...

So, is it still the plan to go on the 18th?