Giulia Quadrifoglio vs BMW M4 | FerrariChat

Giulia Quadrifoglio vs BMW M4

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Lorenz80, Apr 25, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Hello everyone,
    I’m looking for some advices here.
    I will change my daily car at the end of this year (or beginning of next year) and my choice should be between Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio and BMW M4.
    I’m considering pros and cons of both cars:
    Giulia look fantastic and, especially with manual gear, is a car to keep with you forever beacause I think is an instant classic. Cons: I’m not pretty sure about reliability.
    M4: BMW to me is a warranty (I still have an “M”). For daily use great car at 360 degrees. Cons: in my opinion less beautiful than Giulia and great svalutation (you have to find a good second hand to prevent bigger svalutation). Not an instant classic as Giulia.
    Which one would you buy?

2. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Gulia. Hands down.
    BMW today is the ultimate mall machine.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  3. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Thank you for your opinion.

4. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I really wish we could get them with a manual in the US- i'd have one as my daily now.

5. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Is it too complicated to import?

6. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember hearing that the actual action of the shifting in the manual isn't that good and that we weren't missing much. I think I saw that in EVO.

7. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    If we talk about Giulia Quadrifoglio, cars with sequential shift are for sure faster than car with manual gearbox. Moreover, sequential with 8 speeds fits better to the engine than manual 6 speed. But here in Italy they say that the ones with manual gearbox will be collectible one day (sequential too will be collectible cars, but manuals are more rare).

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I bet- I will always prefer a real manual!
    I'm just saying is that it may not be worth the trouble trying to find one in manual.

Here is what I found that may be helpful in your decision(?):
    (Go to 1:55)

Lorenz80 likes this.
  9. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    That’s right!
    This guy made a test here in Italy and says the same things.
    However Giulia with manual gearbox was made in 200 units they say. Less performance but better investment.

PaulK likes this.
  10. JoeCab

JoeCab Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    The manual QVs were only available in a few markets in 2016, 2017, and 2018, then discontinued completely. So yes, very rare.

Originally, Alfa announced the QV would only be sold with a manual in the US market. I already had a deposit down on one at the time, and then about a month before the first cars were set to arrive, they announced the would only be available with the ZF 8-speed transmission. At the time, it felt like the ultimate "Bait and Switch".

I almost cancelled my deposit, but I am so glad I didn't, as the car is really quite amazing. I hardly ever drive it in Automatic mode, I'm always using the paddles, and it's quite fun. The car builds boost pretty fast, so there are definitely times I'm glad to be able to keep both hands on the wheel!

Lorenz80 likes this.
  11. Lorenz80

Lorenz80 Rookie

Feb 25, 2024
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Nice story!
    For sure ZF 8 speed is the best to use at 100% the potential of the car.
    I’m looking for Giulia manual for sale here in Italia and there are only 8, all produced in 2017.