Going from a 458 Spider to an SF90 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Going from a 458 Spider to an SF90

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by F1Tony, Apr 22, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #26 Cocoloco, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    My V8's
    16M Full Capristo exhaust the best in the business at sound and engineering.
    Speciale - don't think stock titanium exhaust is that great but some do.
    SF90 Spider - sounds better than Speciale (maybe) due to spider or 1000 hp :)
    Suggest driving it for a few months - going from hybrid to engine sounds very good.
    Try you tube or talk to your dealer - my F dealer partners with Novitec
    F8 factory race exhaust is coming - hoping Ferrari does same for SF90 or offer XX exhaust.
    Welcome to SF90 life - everyone knows more than the owners.

2. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #27 Cocoloco, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    Love my SF90 Spider AF - take a shot.

Some people can't handle SF90 ownership, trouble going in is double trouble going out. Those that post are the ones that were trouble going in.
    Every exotic has issues in every retail category - this is not earth shattering news.
    Ferrari introducing a hybrid 1000hp - all of us knew we would be part of something new.
    Some people burn bridges some people blow them up and some build them - Ferrari rewards those who build them and for some reason that is offensive.

Divexxtreme and Fortis like this.
  3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Brother- As I clearly said in my original and subsequent responses- if you have an SF90 and it's functional then God bless ya! I can't afford one without getting rid of my beloved 458 Spider and 355- and would probably have to throw my GT3 Touring into the mix- so I'm out of the SF90 league- my only point was to respond to the OPs post that 1) an SF90 will never sound like a 458 and 2) ****ing around with one with a bunch of aftermarket ******** is ill-advised based on the FIVE pages of drama documented on here coupled with the growing "issues" thread(s) around the 296 and past issues with LaFerrari

My point is simply buy one- enjoy it- hopefully you got a "good" one- and don't **** with it-

Cheers

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Going back to the sound… does anyone have an exhaust or increased exhaust note on the SF90?
    I have full system IPE headers, decat, and exhaust on my Speciale.
    Had 16M with S-line exhaust.
    Both mods above perfected the F1 pitch.
    I have SF90S incoming and am well aware it will never sound the same as the above but hoping to amplify sound somewhat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    The only issues I've had are paint related, and I had that on my 812GTS as well. Mind you, I only have about 400 miles on the car since fall (it's been gone a lot because of the paint issues and the recall we had in December).

The sound is good, and it's quite a bit better in the cabin than I was expecting because of the improved hot tube. The valves function like the Pista's, and I did not like that, so I had a Capristo remote fitted to keep the valves open and it provides a substantial difference from stock for the money. IF I was to venture into trying to improve the sound, an X pipe like the novitec is a must. It'll remove GPF and get a bit more tone in the exhaust. I have the AF pack, so the entire exhaust is Titanium, at least to my knowledge. I am hoping not to change it because of that fact and money already spent.

A note on people not liking the car....it's quite an opposite view to my experience. When friends see it, or family, they all like the SF90 more than the 812 or Speciale. Pista is the closest competitor. Now, this is from a look standpoint. Driving fun, I prefer the Speciale all the way through, but I think about driving the SF90 the most. It's a strange feeling with this car. I was underwhelmed at first when driving home from the dealer, and now I love the tech and can't wait to drive it more.

6. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Anything mechanically can be fixed with no effect - correct?
    If you agree - then who cares but for the ones who should have never bought into new tech,
    You and others I am sure help one another with your 355 - we want to help one another on SF90's.

I can't imagine going into 355 threads and saying the car is junk - it's beyond me and it's not my job to convince you or anyone else what to do with their money,
    I come here to enjoy my ownership with like minded people - trust me I enjoy 1000hp :)

Fortis likes this.
  7. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I never said an SF90 was "junk" - in fact I said they were fantastic cars- when they work- and I said PERSONALLY they are not for me but those who own them or desire to own them should enjoy- but given the complexity of them and documented issues with them I wouldn't **** around with a bunch of aftermarket ********

8. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #33 Cocoloco, Apr 26, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
    Love all cars - truly there is not a car that I do not like, knowing there was an engineer designer plant worker mechanics etc that put their crafts to work.
    Unlike some you mention - I look forward to talking to the mechanic and techs about my car and its issues etc. Literally enjoy that as much as driving. So an issue is a Ferrari experience which is an adventure I love passionately.

Your cars / SF90 are no different - owners with passion, embrace all aspects of ownership
    I grew up around car factories and anyone who assumes they want to produce a bad car is insane. Factory workers / mechanics craftsmen are some of the most proud workers in the world - embrace it . Putting down another owners car - senseless.

LMP and Fortis like this.
  9. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    “When they work” o_O everything is good when it works and not good when it doesn’t, is your F355 good when it doesn’t work? LOL

Lagunae92 likes this.
  10. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Read the FIVE pages I posted - I'm not alone- And READ my posts- i have no issue with the car and certainly not the owners- but ****ing with one to make it sound like a 458 is just costly and stupid- hence the original post/question- - you SF90 boys are hypersensitive- Guess that makes sense :cool::D

11. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Chill, you are going to give yourself an aneurysm LOL, 5 pages of nothing, few early cars had issues as per usual, how hard is it for you to comprehend that it isn't the norm and you shouldn't contribute to misinformation and reinforce the stereotype without first hand knowledge? It does not help the community.

I am hypersensitive to BS not to the fact that you dislike the SF90, you can dislike all you like just don't spread BS which misinforms, anyway I can see comprehension isn't your most developed talent and I will let you be, please tell us AGAIN about not trying to make a SF90 sound like a 458, I don't think the people at the back heard you.

12. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    \

Lots of options - one of many,

13. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Haha! Love this!

14. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Zero issues to date with my SF90. I absolutely love it!

Cocoloco, LMP, Shorn355 and 2 others like this.
  15. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Excellent to hear :cool:

16. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    First Ferrari with direct injection and AWD - best V8 ever created, also 50 pounds less than the F8 engine. Even Ferrari people don't understand the SF90 and owners have to come here and defend it vs share the experience.

17. It's the same thing with 458 owners who continually bash the 488/F8.

Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Predictable, but kind of sad.

We should be able to celebrate and appreciate all iterations of Ferraris.

18. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    I welcome criticism because it leads to progress and betterment but I hate misinformation because it does the exact opposite.

iloveferrari likes this.
  19. True.

But the motive behind criticism often determines its validity.

Those who care criticize where necessary.

Those who envy criticize the moment they think that they have found a weak spot.

Most of the criticism here is of the latter variety.

F1RST and Fortis like this.
  20. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Uninformed / misinformed - fictitious names people entitle some to say whatever they wish to whomever they wish.
    Dealers offer tech meetings - one can learn a ton from a top tech. Ones who post negative do not have a relationship with their dealer team or desire to build a relationship.
    Then wonder why they didn't get an allocation of a new model.

21. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    Most often people seek relevance and attention and that's why the feel compelled to speak to a certain extent I have no issues with that because everyone must have a voice but I just dislike unfounded claims.
    I am not loyal to anyone but at the same time loyal to all, if there is an issue there I want it brought to surface but if the truth isn't spoken I will defend it no matter who you are.

22. MikeJF488

MikeJF488 Karting

Oct 6, 2018
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike joseph
    Had my SF almost 2 years now, despite the occassional warning light (which usually goes off with a restart), she has never let me down and runs like a dream. Unless you have driven one and owned one, you really cant appreciate, just how good these really are