296 Values and Used Market | Page 24 | FerrariChat

296 Values and Used Market

Discussion in '296' started by Mrwatchdawg, Aug 31, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    I'm happy to begin building a relationship but I have a feeling once I get my GTB and start driving it, i'd be hard pressed to want anything else after that. I mean maybe a V12 replacement for the 812 but then we're talking a lot more $$$

2. cmargosi

cmargosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2024
    Famous last words that I have said before....although I haven't replaced my 2015 AM Vanquish...yet....
    I said the same about my 570S only to then drive a 720S and buy that....and now I'm waiting for the 296. The 458-488 / F8 didn't do it for me, but when I saw the 296, had to have one!

rg88 likes this.
  3. SMSD

SMSD Karting

Oct 23, 2022
    GTB is awesome - drove for two days at Corsa Pilota. Unbelievably fast. But I would still take the gts (and am waiting for one).

rg88 likes this.
  4. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    Would love to have both the GTB and the new 750S but not realistic. Either/Or situation for various reasons.

5. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So I'm still watching gtb prices and yes most are asking 30-50 over but most are setting, some for a long stretch. Specifically 22 models with roughly half the 3yr warranty remaining are the curiosity to me. A first year model with a newish hybrid set up; very few out there with any real mile's on them so there are questions to the longer term reliability. I would think the price on these will continue to sink due to that warranty period quickly evaporating. Would you rather have a 21 F8 out of warranty or a 22 296

Cigarzman likes this.
  6. NGooding

NGooding Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2021
    Connecticut, USA
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Will the extended warranties cover the hybrid system? I'd have guessed yes, in which case I wouldn't think this would be a much bigger concern for the 296 than for an F8. On the margin maybe, but I wouldn't imagine it would push many would-be 296 buyers to the F8.

If you can't get extended coverage for the hybrid system (or if the price for the coverage is astronomical) that's a very different story.

7. KL runner

KL runner Karting

Jul 25, 2023
    Not in US
    Yes they do in any case the battery has 7 years

Caeruleus11 and NGooding like this.
  8. Of course you can have both.

Just perhaps not at the same time. :D

rg88 likes this.
  9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Not for nothing but many of us F8 2021 owners continued the bumper to bumper warranty for an additional 2 years. This also comes with the option to extend again. So I think there’s many F8’s to choose from under warranty making the decision even more difficult.

10. NGooding

NGooding Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2021
    Connecticut, USA
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Yes, though sounds like same option exists for 296 (which covers hybrid system) and batteries have 7yr coverage anyway. So seems roughly comparable as 296s move out of the 3yr window.

Because of the options to extend, I doubt the warranty will tip the scales for many buyers. I think most will go for the one that speaks to them.

And frankly, you can't go wrong. Both are amazing cars. I have an F8 and I adore it. I don't have a 296, but I think they're incredible. If money was no object, I'd have both. You can't go wrong with either.

Caeruleus11 and Cigarzman like this.
  11. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    I believe given the amount of money and R&D invested in developing the 296 Ferrari is quite serious in ensuring the viability of the platform going forward. As one video reviewer said, instead of reluctantly making a hybrid "they actually set out to make the best Hybrid worthy being called a Ferrari."

Caeruleus11 and NGooding like this.
  12. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If I follow what you are saying, that's kind of what I am getting at concerning pricing. That extended warranty is not cheap and with the 296 being more "untested" they are still trying to get way over MSRP, and buyers of those 22's, to feel "warm and fuzzy" need to pony up additional $$ over a 23 that has more warranty left. Example there is a 22 demo car out there with (high) 7k miles that I think is beautiful; MSRP 440k they have had this car for sale for some time and are down to an asking 398k, original warranty is out Oct 25. I would think for someone who wanted to drive the car and not worry about that mileage this would be a good deal but I guess not at 40k+ under. No doubt I want one, but am still unsure where the prices will settle to in the next 6 months. It's also fun to look back at this thread, just months ago to see what was said about availability and current pricing.

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#588 Cigarzman, Apr 27, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    Correct you are. The extension was 10,900 plus sales tax for 2 additional years. I did it for two reasons on my F8s and my Porto. One was for any issues with the car and the second was for resale if and when I wanted to sell or trade. Regarding the 296s , I was offered one early but declined. I didn’t see the 100-150k delta for me. Others have and I’m sure they will be happy. That’s when I added the Porto and I’m so happy I did. No GPF.

14. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    according to an SA I was communicating with before my current one, the market is still unclear/undecided about 296 valuations. He wasn't sure yet if prices will hold as they have for the F8. Time will tell.

Cigarzman likes this.
  15. rg88

rg88 Karting

Feb 10, 2024
    Montecito
    Full Name:
    rg
    frankly, this is great deal all things considered.

NGooding, stevdug and Cigarzman like this.
  16. cmargosi

cmargosi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2024
  17. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I have been looking at a demo GTB at that same dealer. Transport cost is not crazy but I believe you do have to pay an import tax that tacks on a little over 2%. I can't wrap my brain around the price difference on the sticker though; you can convert Can to US but there seem to be other differences in pricing. I am talking to them tomorrow about the GTB.

18. SMSD

SMSD Karting

Oct 23, 2022
    Canada has a pretty steep luxury tax on top of the provincial sales tax and the federal VAT.

19. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That would be if you were regestring in Canada correct?

20. SMSD

SMSD Karting

Oct 23, 2022
    yes. It’s an explanation as to why the local pricing is what it is. It is not a comment on whether it is a good deal to import because that depends on your customs broker fees, import duties and use taxes that will vary depending upon where a buyer is located.

stevdug likes this.
  21. Jlee504

Jlee504 Karting

Apr 8, 2017
    Has anyone purchased a preowned GTB from a Ferrari dealer lately? I’m wondering where actual selling prices are coming in.

danielinCO2 likes this.
  22. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    I thought I would prefer the Dodici too over the 296--until I saw it yesterday.---UGH. My 296 will be just fine---no more shinty trinket to look at on the 812 replacement.

rg88 and docapl like this.
  23. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Existing Bugattis are not likely to materiallly ppreciate in the future.---in fact I would say that they are likely to depreciate. Ugly has its downshide.

24. stevdug

stevdug Karting

Feb 4, 2019
    Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Someone mentioned 296 prices outside of the US and WOW, I just came across a European website, that had many 296 listed for sale well below asking prices in the US (with conversion applied). Unless I am missing something this really puts me more in more of the wait and see mode.

25. Jlee504

Jlee504 Karting

Apr 8, 2017
    Yup it’s crazy someone in this thread said it’s about $100k less than here and that’s about right. Though our economy seems to be still spending at a lot higher rate than the European countries

I have found 296s to be anywhere from 30-40k below msrp if it’s a high msrp to 30-40k above msrp if it’s a low msrp. Crazy