Reventon thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Reventon thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SefacHotRodder, Aug 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The Gallardo is more than likely the last update, not a V8; too conflicting with VAG trying to seperate it from the R8. No one ever saw the engine to begin with, and it's not hard to make the Gallardo sound even louder. The people who reported are only worthy of being credited that it had a slight exterior mods. The Toyota deal was more than likely Toyota contacting them. Besides, that has as much chance happening as Toyota actually putting the AE86 back into production.
    As far as I've heard, Winkelmann reported it a no-go just like the Muira '06 concept.

THANK YOU GOD! Fighter jet grey with military green interior sounds nasty. I would have expected my $1.6 million check to allow me to choose what colors I want.

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Meh. Looks just like a modified Murcielago to me.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How much is the Iota worth ?

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    what jota?
    the original is no more with us
    (even if i frankly aspect it will resurrect soon since SVJ prices are going over 1M euros ....;)
    i think we will see soon someone shows up with "look what i found rusting in an old italian farm: the original jota chassis!!!!" )

diablo jota?
    SV-J miuras?
    Piet's jota replica?

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I sold Miura SV Jota 4892 for exactly $1.5 million in June. Fees were on top of that... He says he has now turned down $2 million.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

6. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    so how long do you think we will have to wait till someone find the "original" and only jota in a field? LOL
    i am seriously waiting for this happen in the near future

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #82 joe sackey, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is what a $1.5 million Lamborghini looks like.

It may not look like much, but its real, on the ground, appreciates in value and was built when Ferruccio Lamborghini was still around to give the company direction... oh, and just 6 or so were made.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #83 amenasce, Aug 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    very interesting and exciting... sounds cool

10. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    difficult to put a value on this
    given the fact it is a replica for many it is worth as a P400 - the money to put it back to original

but for many that like it (me included) it is worth a premium over a regular P400 :)

p.s. nice pic, taken at factory

11. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew

John,

Many thanks for what you have shared with us. I do hope you will show some of us your car when it arrives as at this time its impossible to imagine what this monster may end up looking like. Sounds fabulous though and many congratulations.

Are you a keen Lambo collector?

Regards,

matthew

12. qvpower

qvpower Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Cali
    Joe, I think at 1.5mil us which at 20 cars would be 30 mil... It is entirely possible that it might be a limited production if based on the murcie chassis... Because if you look at the p4/5 its cost was at around 3 mil? That was for tooling etc to make the rebody. With tooling, the per part cost is not as high... So very roughly, if you spread it out over the 20 cars based on the 3 mil comparison, you are looking at additional 150-200k a car. So given the new LP at 300k factory cost and add the 200K, it is entirely possible to do. And at 1.5 m a piece, Lamborghini is making some good money which I suspect would be partly to fund the new chassis development of the murcie replacement since Audi probably is not pouring anymore money... Not to mention that the murcie chassis is much cheaper to manufacture versus an enzo... and because the chassis tooling cost has been spread over the normal production model. The v-12 is also easy to redevelop to just bump up displacement and might be in the lp with wing that has been running around in germany... Weight of the vehicle if with a similar 12 with more displacement really wouldnt change and thus there would be only requiring smaller redevelopment on the chassis to cope with the added power which again might be what the lp with the wing is doing....

But as to whether the car materializes, if based on the speculation that it is on a murcie chassis, very very possible.

No guarantees on the 20turning to 200 cars. But, so far I think based on the limited series that Lamborghini put out and their track record of not producing surplus, sticking to 20 cars might be a distinct possibility. And Lamborghini I think knows that there are a handful of people who are willing to spend the money on the car and it would be wise not to rub their customers the wrong way? Not to mention, Audi/ lamborghini probably learned already a good lesson from the bugatti veyron .... Hopefully.... And if they are making a very sizable profit based on exclusivity, Lamborghini wouldnt want to rethink or change the formula again....

13. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Very good points and my thoughts exactly.

14. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize it's going to be the lightweight, rear wheel drive, Murci LP we all saw testing at the Ring a few months ago. Lambo can't build an ALL-NEW vehicle, AND have it certified, AND sell it for a million and a half, AND still make a profit. The only thing they can do is tweak the heck out of the LP640, throw some more aggresive body panels and a wing on it, strip out the heavy stuff, have a low volume production run, and sell them for a crazy amount of money. Profit for Lambo Spa will be about a million per car. There you have it; a potential $20M profit. And they might be able to sell all 20 of these cars; afterall thay have almost sold all of the Versace LPs, which costs an extra $150k for a goofy stitch pattern and a number plaque.

15. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    A million dollar profit sounds a little extreme, don't you think? Not that I'm disagreeing with what you've said, but can there really be that many people willing to drop that kind of coin on something so frivolous?

16. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    For just 20 Cars-and your Company is Lamborghini and not some obscure soup du jour exotic car manufacturer then yup you can sell it for a crazy amount of money.
    I don't see them going for a huge resale premium though

17. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    But if what Michael says is what develops, then, really, we're only talking about a gussied-up Murci! If you take a "normal" LP640 and give it RWD, up the power to ~850hp, shave a few hundred pounds and add some unique body work, surely that can't be more than a $800,000 car? I can't be the only one thinking such a beast is worth no more than that. For double that, it better be something special!

18. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    A million dollar profit on each car may be a little high, but I'll bet it's every bit of $800k per car. Remember, most of the developement and engineering has been done. The factory will have to invest some time and money in testing the upgraded car. Maybe a few new CF molds will be needed for bodywork. The additional HP has been helped along by Reiter Engineering. The only thing that could increase Lambo's cost dramatically would be the use of and design of a composite tub structure. I don't think this will be the case though, as I would think Lambo would have to re-certify the car as a new vehicle once the frame changes. Lambo wants to capitalize on the fact that values of their collectible models are going through the roof, and with Miura SV values hitting 7-figures, Lambo feels it's time to introduce a rare collectible with a MSRP in the 7-figures.

And I am sure there are at least 20 people in the world that have the ability and desire to own one of these cars. However, there is no way I beleive that all 20 have been sold already to the END USER. They said that about the Versace LP640, and I can think of 4 that are for sale at MSRP. There is a big difference between Lambo Spa selling them all out to their dealers, and the dealers selling them all out to the end customer.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

+1.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Agreed.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I fail to make any connection between the Miura SV's values (a genuine iconic classic built when Ferruccio Lamborghini was still at the helm of his company) and the current crop of tech-laden overweight grand tourers.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

22. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    I agree with you, but why else would Lambo all of a sudden offer a new car with an MSRP that is $1,000,000 more than the MSRP of the last car they offered (Versace LP640), which of course had the highest MSRP of any Lambo to date?

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Trying to piggy-back off the success of the real classics and cash in off the theory that some have more money that grey matter?

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

24. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    I wasn't disagreeing about the size of profit per car... I was only commenting on the cojones on Lambo for doing it!!!!

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Dominic, let me tell you that Lamborghini rub their customers the wrong way more often than you think! LOL.

Listen, this is all up in the air and if anyone wants to fund the development of Lamborghini's next supercar by "donating" and extra $1million on top of the real cost of a hybrid version of the Murci, please, dont let me stop you :)

Joe
    www.joesackey.com