Timate Titanium exhaust | FerrariChat

Timate Titanium exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Andy T, Dec 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andy T

Andy T Karting

May 31, 2004
    Sheffield - England
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Does anyone have any experience of the Timate 360 exhaust - www.timate.com.tw/automobile-3.html? It looks pretty impressive but they don't have any European distributors so it would be a case of shipping direct from Taiwan. I have also been quoted a very competitive price.

Andy

2. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    looks very nice, did you receive any export price information? would be a nice x-mas present for my 360 :)

3. allanuber

allanuber Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Al Jansen
    #3 allanuber, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I've spoken with the company and have considered getting one myself. However, it doesn't look like much more than straight pipes from the photos. I'd be interested to hear reviews. I think with hyperflow cats, the sound would be too loud.

Ray

5. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    I am interested to hear it. Any videos? I did not find price......

6. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I will call them tonight, the factory is not far from where I am from. I am sure they would like to speak to a fellow Taiwanese.

7. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    What a bizarre & unusual design!! I haven't seen anything like it before.....

The exhaust combines & enters at (almost) one point into the main chamber, then you have what appears to be a stadard bar going through the center section with typical exits out the side, BUT then you also have some smaller pipes exiting adjacent to where the exhaust enters. The design suggest there'd be 2 very different sounds coming from the inner & outer pipes. That's gotta sound interesting!

I don't care for the blue'd tips. The whole design is rather strange; either someone really knows something interesting about what they're designing....or it's a total crap-shoot. Interesting, interesting, interesting....but I wouldn't even think to pull the trigger until I heard one or had some kind of money-back guarantee!

Nice, however, to see other companies jumping into the aftermarket scene! :)

8. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    This design is very simular to the MSRacing and Kreissieg and both of them tend to have very high pitch sounds.

9. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #9 hotcello, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  11. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
  12. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Andy, what was the cost if you don't mind me asking?

13. allanuber

allanuber Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Al Jansen
    Costs delivered to Australia are around US$2K - duty will add another 10% on entry. Expecting to have it here next week to fit it up to the 360. I'll take pix when it arrives.

14. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    OK, spoke with them today. The guy on the phone was very nice. Here are some answers
    The Price: base price is around $2000 without shipping.
    Sound: it is on the loud side and tend to have higher pitch. They only fitted to one car(there are only a handful of 360's in Taiwan)but no video or sound recording of exhaust. Only have installation pictures (I ask him to email it to me)
    Type of Titanium is :Grade 2
    Weight: total about 7kg
    Stock: they don't stock these, they are made to order with partial or full deposit
    History: A customer brought them a sample to be fabricate to Titanium (I am gussing from MS Racing) and never follow through the order so they kept the mold and selling it them selves.
    Shows attended: this product was in SEMA for the past 2 years.
    Popularity: they sold many sets for Porsche but not for Ferrari and might due to the fact they are not a well known manufacture and that is why the pricese is so low.

If you guys have more questions I would be happy to call him again, my father lives in Taiwan so he will help me to pick one up.

Has anyone here on this forum use a Titanium exhaust for the 360 or 430? is there a big difference in sound?
    I might be getting one for my car just to test it out.

15. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I contacted the company a while back. They offered to sell me their demo model at the SEMA show (directly from the booth), however I was unable to make it out there and the company did not respond to repeated inquiries after as far as shipping the unit. Price as $2000.

If you get one, I'd be interested in getting one also and trying it out with the hyper flow cats. I'm guessing it will be too loud though! :)

Ray

16. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Wow....having seen the pics, I'd have to say it's a knock-off, it's just too incredibly similar to be coincidental. I'd imagine it is on the loud side, love to hear one! Price is ting, tempt-ting :D

RJ....I thought you were in thorough love with your Tubi? Hmmm?? :D

17. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Yeah, the Tubi is great. I drove the car today (just turned 15,000 miles) and the sound of the exhaust was awesome. Still, I wouldn't mind putting the Titanium exhaust on just for the heck of it.

Ray

18. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yup, me too.
    Anyone selling a used set of high flow cats:)?

19. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    ... and the 55lbs (25kg's!) saving it gives you!!!

... and the performance advantage too ;)

20. allanuber

allanuber Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Al Jansen
    Titanium muffler turned up today - 2 days from payment to Timate and they were on our doorstep in Sydney via Fedex! Have ordered a challenge grille from Ricambi too as if we're going to have the car in bits in the next week or so we might as well do both jobs.

Given how quickly it arrived I must have the much viewed, world travelling, SEMA showing one! :) How freaky is it that it's gone round the world!

Quality looks good up close - they seem to have smoothed some of the internal 'bends' as there are sections welded together rather than mandrel bent - will try and snap off some pictures as we go. All looks super so far!

21. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken

Let's hear some sounds, can't wait!!:)

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Allan, Brilliant, I bet you must be excited. REALLY cannot wait to hear this beast!!! Titanium systems sound awesome...

You couldn't help me order one could you? PM me :)

Cheers,

Trev

23. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    G'day Al,
    Can't wait to hear it. PM me if you want a hand or so I can come and have a sticky beak.
    PS. Great drive last weekend. You should win LOUDEST vote next run with these pipes, I'm guessing.
    Andrew.

24. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken

Trev, let's wait to hear it first. As far as I know the manufacture did not test it or design it on a car rather than just copy from another company. I am in touch with them and they will give us a discount if we do a group buy of 5 units and we can all save some money.

25. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've got another guy who wants one aswell. So we'll easily make 5...