20th Anniversary USA F40 Gathering at Monterey August 2010 | FerrariChat

20th Anniversary USA F40 Gathering at Monterey August 2010

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by RufMD, Jan 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    #1 RufMD, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
    2010 will mark 20 years since the introduction of the iconic Ferrari F40 to the US market. To celebrate this anniversary, Ferrari F40’s will gather this August in Monterey for a special celebration.

We are pleased to partner with Concorso Italiano who will be hosting a display of gathered F40’s on their lawns Friday August 13th 2010 . So far, interest from owners has been very strong and enthusiastic. To date, we have 30+ cars committed from all over the USA and Canada , with additional cars being added. Concorso Italiano are well known to Italian car fans of all marques This year promises to build on last years spectacular event which included the wonderful gathering of 288GTOs.

Our goal is very simple…gather as many owners and their F40’s together as possible so that enthusiasts/fans/owners can celebrate this tremendous supercar. In doing so, we hope to foster friendships and relationships that last well into the future. Judging by the response so far, all of the committed share this vision.

We are planning a drive/tour of Monterey and the surrounding area on the weekend. The sight of many F40’s taking a drive in the scenic countryside will be breathtaking….more information on this will follow.

On Monday August 16th, F40 Owners will have a unique opportunity. We have secured Laguna Seca for a full track day complete with support staff/catering/instructors from HookedOnDriving. David Ray and HOD have organized events for FNA and are well experienced in putting on an organized, safe track day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to run your F40 at Laguna Seca….definitely not to be missed ! Multiple run groups of varying experience will be organized to insure fun for all levels of driving ability…you will be able to run your F40 as hard as you feel comfortable doing. Also be assured there will be a novice group for those owners wishing to enjoy their F40 at a more modest pace.

I encourage F40 Owners interested in attending to pm me asap for track registration as these slots will fill very quickly.

On behalf of all the F40 Owners, I would like to thank Rob Lay for his support of this event, and acknowledge the unique position of FerrariChat to bring light of this event to the Ferrari community worldwide. Thanks Rob !

For spectators wishing to attend Concorso Italiano August 13th, information can be obtained at Concorso.com

All interested F40 Owners, please send me a pm for further specific F40 registration information for Concorso Italiano and the special F40 Track Day at Laguna Seca on Monday August 16.

We look forward to seeing you in Monterey !

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    So glad this is coming together so well Jas. Great job, looking forward to pics!

3. Scuderia-San-Antonio

Feb 27, 2005
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Wes
  4. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Really looking forward to seeing you out there Wes :)

5. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Jas, your hard work and dedication for this event is much appreciated. With so much talk already within the Ferrari circles about this historic and exciting US F40 showcase, I'm sure this will be amazing!

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Looking forward to it, Jas! I guess I should start making plans now.

7. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Absolutely Carb, its never too early :) Looking forward to seeing you there my friend.

8. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas

Thanks Fred, but the truth is that everyone in the group is contributing with great passion. For example, the track day was vigorously pursued and enabled by Ron (peloton)...and some great lodging connections setup by Jeffrey (Tipo815)...and many others have weekly input with ideas that are shaping the event. The guys at Concorso headed by Tom McDowell have been superb..fantastic hosts for us !

Everyone is on the same page...and moving towards the goal of a memorable time and get together :)

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    If you have an F40 in the USA you must be there.

8 months notice = no excuses!

10. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #10 StoryBook, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    Great job on getting everyone onboard Jas. And awesome job on bridging that "gap" between all the different parties involved. :)

I'm supporting from afar unfortunately. But my priorities need to be elsewhere right about that time. Sorry Joe. Although if everything goes as we pray and hope it will.......I just might be able to sneak away for a long weekend.

11. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
    Well and truly spoken, Joe. Let's get together and make this event spectacular! Thanks again, Jas =^)

12. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas

Thanks Joe...a quick run through your roladex should fill the field :)

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Jas e-mail me a short 1 page promo sheet with all the contacts info on it, we have a newsletter going to all the owners & collectors this weekend and Id like that to be in it.

TIA

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Dr Jas, have you met Dr Joe?

15. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I'll send it to you today, thanks :)

16. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    This will be a most memrble event. Looking fwd to meeting all the owners. Glad you're on board Joe.
    H

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #17 joe sackey, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Indeed, and likewise.

Jas does the event have a poster or flier yet? You know, something to stir the emotions!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    In the works, in addition to some planned news releases in the next two weeks.

Maybe we should open up a design competition for an event poster...submit all of your pshop artistry here :)

19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Kuzi, I understand you situation and would like to offer a simple solution on transporting your F40 to the event. I promise it will be prompt and that I'll pay for all tickets encountered.
    j/k
    :)

In all seriousness, how could you consider not attending?

20. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Jas, I propose the frequently posted pic of the F40 fueling for the event

21. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You saving me a seat at the party? Sounds like its well worth the trip!

22. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
  23. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    In keeping with a suggestion made here earlier, an event flyer has been created....along with appropriate acknowledgement of fchat/Rob Lay support for which we are grateful ! At the bottom of the page, there is a link for those wishing to register their F40 for this event...we hope you will join us.

http://www.concorso.com/f40_reunion.html

24. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
  25. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    In case anybody needs track support my guys from NY, Hudson Historics, will be at Monterey.

I asked them to stay a day more so they could swap my tires, pads etc