Ferrari European Petrolhead Roadtrip | FerrariChat

Ferrari European Petrolhead Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by PoleApart, Jul 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #1 PoleApart, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    On Sunday, together with my 12 year old son, we’re embarking on a 2 week cross European trip in our 328, taking in a number of museums and petrolhead sites that we’ve always wanted to see and anything car related along the way. Current plan is as follows

Sunday – Drive Warsaw to Berlin
    Monday – Visit Meilenwerk http://www.meilenwerk.de in Berlin, drive the Avus straight, drive to Sinsheim.
    Tuesday – See Sinsheim Auto & Technik Museum http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/ , drive to Stuttgart, stay at the Meilenwerk hotel near Stuttgart: http://www.v8hotel.de/en/hotel.html
    Wednesday – Porsche Museum and Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart.
    Thursday – Drive to Autosalon Singen, http://www.autosalon-singen.de/en/startmix.html ogle :) , drive to Andermatt with possibly some Alpine passes along the way.
    Friday – drive from Andermatt to Lamborghini museum in Santa Agata, drive to Maranello.
    Saturday – Visit Galleria Ferrari, drive via Abetone through the hills from Maranello to San Gimignano.
    Saturday to Saturday - Meet up with several European FChatters for a week in Tuscany, driving around enjoying food, wine, scenery and company of friends. My wife and 2 daughthers fly in to join us for the week.
    Wednesday – Factory tours for our group at Pagani and Maserati (long day)
    Saturday morning – Early start for return from Tuscany, overnight in Salzburg, Austria
    Sunday – Hangar 7 and Flying Bulls http://www.flyingbulls.at/#/en/Home/ If time allows we'll also visit Tatra museum in Koprivnice, Czech Republic www.tatramuseum.cz and back to Warsaw.

Assuming we have wifi access in the places we’re to be staying at I’ll be posting updates and photos in this thread. Fingers crossed for the 328’s reliability in all of this. We’ve done 2 Tuscany trips in it from Poland before and she’s been bulletproof. Expecting to do around 4500 km. in the 2 weeks.

The map

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Warszawa,+Polska&daddr=Wiebestra%C3%9Fe+36-37,+10553+Berlin,+Germany+(Classic+Remise+|+Meilenwerk+Berlin)+to:Eberhard-Layher-Stra%C3%9Fe+2,+74889+Sinsheim,+Deutschland+(Sinsheim+Auto+%26+Technik+Museum)+to:porsche+Museum,+Porschestra%C3%9Fe,+Stuttgart,+Germany+to:Mercedes-Benz+Museum,+Mercedesstra%C3%9Fe,+Stuttgart,+Germany+to:Auto-Salon-Singen+GmbH,+G%C3%BCterstra%C3%9Fe,+Singen%2FHohentwiel,+Deutschland+to:Andermatt,+Switzerland+to:Sant'Agata+Bolognese,+Italy+to:Galleria+Ferrari,+Maranello,+Italy+to:Abetone,+Italy+to:San+Gimignano+Sienna,+W%C5%82ochy+to:47.72326,12.76514+to:Kop%C5%99ivnice,+Czech+Republic+to:Warsaw,+Poland&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=46.83765,10.854492&spn=4.997603,11.151123&sll=47.995445,14.713095&sspn=9.78043,22.302246&geocode=FSz2HAMdBZ9AASkBn4aaZsweRzH80-qIKr7wcg%3BFW2LIQMd2jvLACEWlk-TRtcB4ikNjFdcFVGoRzFIY0q_nvPfbw%3BFZxQ7wIdYsOHACFj3URpIuuynw%3BFcAw6QIdVqqLACEgEf1lYx_r2ClFaOf5gNqZRzESsGekxobZVw%3BFZV36AIdWeaMACGUS_u_8fRmwQ%3BFeKr2AIdbCCHACEJpnLha6yLJiknmw9NS32aRzGmfKr6XINH2Q%3BFSSZxwIddiWDAClzHOmXLXKFRzGLUdit3taMvA%3BFU-JqQIdGOipACl9Yj8slcN_RzFWY-vTPAbakw%3BFYF6pwIdGrylACGfzel0wCdJTQ%3BFdaboQId8buiAClpUqPYYZ4qEzECdSvGGQNmEg%3BFf1NlwIdr4OoAClT43N8MTwqEzGwpuXjkCwIBA%3BFfwy2AId1MfCACn5IHCkiYp2RzFxj43hoyUdEw%3BFaPV9AIdK9sUASmb4gFmkfITRzFQPBVmD68ABA%3BFSz2HAMdBZ9AASkBn4aaZsweRzH80-qIKr7wcg&mra=ls&via=11&z=7
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Sounds like a fantastic trip! May you enjoy every kilometer! I look forward to reading your updates from your travels. Bon voyage!

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Great trip. Look forward to the updates.

4. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Przemek
    I didn't realise you had so much planned. Have a safe trip. See you in Tuscany :)

5. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Sounds like an amazing trip, look forward to updates and of course lots of pictures!

Safe driving!

6. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Przemek, that looks to be a fantastic trip! :) God's speed.

Ciao,
    George

7. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #7 PoleApart, Jul 10, 2011
    Had a tiring drive to Berlin. Saw 250 km/h on the GPS on the Polish highway for a brief moment :) but mainly doing 120-150 km/h. Lots of rain but we still managed to get a late evening walk from Potsdamerplatz to Alexanderplatz past the Holocaust Museum, Brandenburg Gate and down along Unter den Linden. . Caught the New New New Beetle launch and ogled the Bentleys and Hermes Veyron at the Bentley/Bugatti showroom. As far as more mundane metal goes saw the new Golf convertible, Golf GTI 35th anniversary edition and electric cars being charged in the street Sorry - only IPhone pics today, couldn't be bothered to take the Nikon out. Regretted it the moment I saw the Bugatti. Roll on Meilenwerk tomorrow morning.

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Love Herbie! :eek::eek:

Thanks for the pics. :):)

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Some of the pics look like they may have been taken on the Ku'damm?

10. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Enjoy the trip and looking forward to your reports!

Gr. Martin

11. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Good Stuff :)

12. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #13 PoleApart, Jul 11, 2011
    Managed to wash the rather grimy 328 in front of the Sinsheim museum. On the way from Sinsheim to Stuttgart spotted a disguised Mercedes M Class replacement. At the Hilton in Stuttgart found a parking spot next to a nice candy apple SLS. Now looking forward to Mercedes and Porsche museums tomorrow.

13. PauloSF

PauloSF Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Amazing pictures and amazing thing you guys are doing! Best of luck for the rest of the trip and looking forward for more pics :)

Oh also, love you for doing this in a 328. Giving it the life that it deserves :D

14. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    She's performing beautifully and actually loves the twisty autobahn parts. We're on Polish plates so don't care too much about getting flashed by the speed radars. Only one so far :) Looking forward to getting the top down in the Alps. Top down and fast autobahn driving is no fun :(

15. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    Hi Przemek,

just saw this Thread now, are you staying at the V8 Hotel tonight? When do you leave tomorrow? I was thinking about visiting it tomorrow (I live just 20 minutes by car away)
    Meilenwerk is really a great place with a lot of Ferraris. The past 3 times I've been there they always got some new cars delivered. Is that red 599 a SA Aperta or a GTO in the pic you posted? The salesman at Gohm told me that they'll get one Aperta...
    Auto Salon is also a very nice place, make sure you visit Gohm Singen too and that you also have a look at the basement in the Bentley dealership. They store a lot of used cars and also some customer cars there.

BTW, some years ago I saw your 328 on one of the first Tuscany drives on the A81 together with Wolfgangs Testarossa and all the other guys from the UK and NL. That was a fun drive back then (should be some pics in the European section)

Martin

16. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    love this thread! Thanks! Great stuff.

17. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

That looks to be the next generation 911 all disguised. Great pics!

18. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #20 PoleApart, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    Hi Martin

We're at the V8 Hotel tonight but leave tomorrow morning for Singen ( :) ) and on to Tuscany. Maybe drop by for a beer tonight? The storm has passed. Currently two GTO's at Gohm - yellow and red. No SA Aperta's.

You need to see the famous 328 6 years later. You must have seen her when she was still Marc's ENZ 7645. He's coming to Tuscany this year too - in a very nice 360 Spider.

19. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Another candidate for "Thread of the Month" :D

20. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    Unfortunately I had no time tonight, but I might come by tomorrow morning around 8am, depending on the traffic. I'll park my car (blue Audi A4) next to yours if you're still there :)

Was it already 6 years ago? yes, back then it was still Marc's car and we followed the group for about 30 minutes on the A81. We were waiting at the Sindelfinger Wald parking place and Wolfgang called me just before they arrived there :) Is he joining you with the Lambo?
    Hope to see you tomorrow, if not, have a nice trip and a good time in Tuscany!

Martin

21. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Great thread, thanks for the pics. Never been to Sinsheim - looks like I better put it on the list!