Capristo Scuderia exhaust versus Capristo Scuderia Twin Sound | FerrariChat

Capristo Scuderia exhaust versus Capristo Scuderia Twin Sound

Discussion in '360/430' started by F430addict, Jul 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Ok. Both are from Capristo. Both fit the Scuderia. But if they are destined to be squashed into my 430 coupe, what is the difference between the scuderia exhaust versus the twin sound? Both have valves. Slight variation in construction but seems to hook up the same way to the rest of the exhaust system. There must be some trick to it. Perhaps the twin sound was designed for owners who wannabe a scuderia, whereas the s user exhaust is to replace oem unit in a real scuderia?

Can anyone help?

2. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
  3. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    #3 SfefVan, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    That's what I thought also.
    Twin sound is for the F430 while the new Scuderia Exhaust is for the Scud only or the "Scuderiaized" F430.

4. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Are you putting on a rear scud bumper?

5. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Ok. There's the f430 scuderized system which features two boxes with valves right in the middle http://www.capristo.de/en/exhaustsystems/ferrari/430430-scuderia.html

Then there is the complete scuderia system which features a different looking muffler design with valves at the outlet pipes so when the cats are fully heated up and the valves completely open you will see a bright glowing orange colour throughh the exit pipes http://www.capristo.de/en/exhaustsystems/ferrari/430-scuderia-komplettsystem.html

These are clearly two different systems.I. Confused.

No, I won't be putting on the s uteri rear bumper. Now I have the scuderia front bumper and side skirts and the challenge rear bumper so all I'll be doing is cutting two holes for the exit pipes neat where the plates go and add mesh nets to the original exhaust outlets, ala f430 challenge. I'm running Fabspeed headers and test pipes so I also need to know if either system from capristo hooks up, or do I need to get the sports cats from capristo, which again I'm not sure if it hooks up to the fabspeed headers. I might just end up getting the complete system which I do not wish to at this point in time.

6. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    At the vivid racing site I see another scuderia capristo system http://www.vividracing.com/blog/announcing-new-products-specials-and-info/capristo-f430-scuderia-exhaust/

The valves are at another location and if you compare with the latter scuderia exhaust above, you will notice when thie valves are fully open, the latter system above has a more direct to atmosphere path than the twin sound system above as well as the system shown at the vivid racing site.

I'm more confused now. I prefer the system for the scuderia. So can some kind soul help me to determine if that system can be hooked up onto fabspeed test pipes. And more importantly if the exit pipes are further apart or exactly the same as the exit pipes in the twin sound system. Lastly, where there is a difference in exhaust note. Currently i am running capristo twin sound with fabspeed headers and test pipes and she literally screams. Its really loud and I love it. I don't want to lose that sound just by swapping over to a scuderia exhaust system.

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yeah I apologize they just made this new design in the last two weeks is my guess, its brand new. The older design is actually on our site.

I am working to get it updated but only have so many hrs in the day. We do actually have a new system instock if you need one please let me know. I'm sure some people can chime in about how amazing they sound.

8. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Thanks Rob. So the scudeia Capristo exhaust does fit onto fabspeed testpipes in terms of pipe diameter? Is there a difference in sound between scuderia versus twin sound? And is the distance between the tiPs the same for the twin sound versus scuderia exhaust? Apologies for the questions. A capristo representative should answer this.

9. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Scuderia twin sound is a heavier muffler with valve control. It's a lot lighter than the Scuderia stock muffler (which is lighter than the F430 stock muffler). It is louder than the full Scuderia muffler when the valves open, but typically it is used with the stock headers, and stock cats or sport cats.

Scuderia complete system includes a lighter muffler without valve control. This system was made by Capristo with performance in mind, and it needs the headers.

If the Fabspeed test pipes fit the stock F430 muffler, they will fit the capristo mufflers as well.

10. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Can the scuderia Capristo complete system be purchased in parts? Stupid question I know. Just trying my luck

11. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    I suppose yes, but it's better to drop them an email ;) and make sure it will fit your existing Fabspeed headers (which I agree, it shouldn't be an issue, but it's better to double check).

12. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #12 VividRacing, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    Yeah they have a solution to work with your fabspeed headers and test pipes. If your interested give me a call.