Anyone interested in a Germany Trip? | FerrariChat

Anyone interested in a Germany Trip?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jsracerx, Apr 26, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jsracerx

jsracerx Rookie

Oct 23, 2006
    Granite Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Swain
    Hi - I am a volunteer at the California Auto Museum in Sacramento and for **********. We are planning a car lover’s trip to Germany for this September. We start at the Nurburgring then head to Stuttgart (Porsche & MBZ factories, museums, etc.) and end up in Munich (BMW Welt, Museum, Factory) for the opening days of Oktoberfest. We have plenty of free time planned too, along with stopping at a couple of cool castles. You can join the trip from anywhere.

More info is online at www.calautomuseum.org/events/trips or at www.**********.net/d2dtours

If you have questions from there, please email me at [email protected]

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I'll resist a shameless plug for my German travel book, but it might help you guys. Oktoberfest is a fun time to go, just make sure you book a room(s) ASAP!

Also, some museums are seasonal and are closed on Mondays. The California Automobile Museum has a great bunch on docents. But don't expect to see that in German museums. They offer tours, but not really docents.

3. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
  4. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Wow....OP joined in 2006 but waited until 2012 for his first post....:confused:

Germany is rad! I went there last year. :)

5. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Sorry to hijack, but what timing. I am headed to Germany (be arriving two weeks today!). Starting to Frankfurt and heading down to Modena. Going to visit Pagani (!) and the Enzo Ferrari Museum and Lamborghini.

Then we head back to watch P 4/5 CM at the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring!