330 GTC EXHAUST CLAMPS | FerrariChat

330 GTC EXHAUST CLAMPS

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Florida330GTC, Mar 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Florida330GTC

Florida330GTC Rookie

Mar 10, 2017
    Hi Guys:

I have a nasty exhaust leak that I could hear and confirmed with the car up on the lift. It is on the right side where the header meets the ANSA pipes. The clamps on there now(not sure what they are, or where they came from) are not doing the job. They are currently placed too far forward, and I believe allowing the leak, as the left side is leak free using the same clamps.

I know the correct clamps are really hard to come by, but would like to know what everyone is using, or what a good substitute is? I need to seal up this leak, as thenoise is so annoying. Covered it up with a towel while running on the lift, and noise gone.

Anybody have any ideas? Will relgualr old clamps do the job?

2. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    Are the threads on the clamps stripped?

If not, why cannot you just tighten the old ones or move them around?

If this does not fix your problem, then an exhaust pipe must have a hole
    or slit.

3. Florida330GTC

Florida330GTC Rookie

Mar 10, 2017
    Good point. I asked a small local shop to try that. He says they are wrong and I need new ones. I think the fix could be as simple as moving them back. Maybe I will get the car up on jack stands and see if it can do it myself. the bolts and clamps are pretty rusty, but i think I can get em off. Wanted to replace them anyway to get rid of the rust factor. it won't be long before it starts eating into the pipe. I inspected the pipe and it looks good. no obvious holes, or slits.

4. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    If you still cannot fix the problem with the clamps that you have, send me a private email
    with your address, and I will send you a couple of good clamps (which should be painted black).