458 Battery Tender Replacement | FerrariChat

458 Battery Tender Replacement

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F458Spider, Aug 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Anyone have any suggestions for a third-part 458 battery tender? Mine is not working (after only 2 years) and the dealer wants to charge me $495 for a new one.

Yes, the car was expensive, but they just replaced the actuator in the lift system for free under warranty, but they want to charge me $495 for something that cost $20 to make. No thank you.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Just order a Ctek, which has been oem for Ferrari for a while. If you want something a bit more reliable, the Granite Battery Saver is a good choice. The advantage of Ctek is it will work with the cables that came with your oem Ferrari battery tender and plug right in. (but similar reliability ;) ). If you get a Granite, you will need an adapter, which you can either make yourself or buy. Instructions to make and or order here: https://www.kumari.net/index.php/cars/ferrari-battery-charger-cable

3. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    +1
    I use a C-Tek in all my cars, they're great

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You will need an adapter for the CTek because the Ferrari connector is proprietary. I've bought adapters from the fellow linked to above and they work great. My suggestion is CTek 7002. Its probably a drop overkill, but it survives brownouts and it has great auto battery conditioning.