612 bonnet emergency opening | FerrariChat

612 bonnet emergency opening

Discussion in '612/599' started by FIN612, Aug 31, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    #1 FIN612, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seems that the the bonnet lock is stuck closed. The bonnet is fully open, nut can not get it closed Cable should not be broken since we can see small move on the lock when trying to open it from the cabin. Owners manual tells "easy way" to resolve the problem, but where the "ring" really locates??? I was just and just able to put my hand thought the grill fins and remove the rubber cap. I don't know why I was not able to touch anything there even fingers where more than 4" in. I need to use endoscope next time to see if the ring is somewhere there? Should I really find a ring which is shown on the owners manual piture?? I have read a thread for same problem, but it was 575 - not sure if any differenece 575 vs 612 ?? : .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I had to use the ring myself once to open the hood because the cable from the cabin release broke. The ring was there on my 612, but I did have to "fish" for it a little bit. It also took a fairly strong tug to release the latch.

It's possible when someone did some work in that area that they may not have positioned the ring where it is supposed to be located. Try using a wire coat hanger to fish for it. It can't go too far!

3. FIN612

FIN612 Karting

May 10, 2017
    Finland
    #3 FIN612, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I don't know what that is. Mine looked just like the one pictured in your first post.