612 on ebay VIN:ZFFAA54A160147648 | FerrariChat

612 on ebay VIN:ZFFAA54A160147648

Discussion in '612/599' started by TrojanFan, Aug 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Anyone have any information on this 2006 612 on ebay? Silverstone with Nero interior. VIN:ZFFAA54A160147648 40,000 miles on the clock. Car is out of Miami. Factory stero has been replace with Pioneer unit.

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hopefully good things to say as I was just the top bidder!

3. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Hopefully this is the case. Keep us posted on developments. Just about every other 612 on eBay is twice the price.

4. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Clean Auto Check. Spoke with the seller. Missing a key, missing tool kit and manuals. Head and tail lights have been changed to smoked black. Recent minor service but otherwise limited service records. Interior, paint and body in good shape.

I'm trying to see if I can get the VIN run by a Ferrari Dealer to check on the service history.

5. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    This car was purchased through Manheim Orlando on August 8 for $58k before sale fees. It has paint issues from what I can remember from when I saw it last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    This car was a no-sale in July 2017 at Manheim Orlando and then sold on August 8 for $58k before fees. From what I remember there were paint issues with the car.

7. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Would you do a ppi before purchase or fly out before buying?

Does he have original stereo?

8. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Flying out before buying to inspect.

No original stereo. There are several on ebay available. It's probably $3K to add back all the missing original parts not including replacing all of the "smoked" black light lens around the car, though I like the blacked out look.

9. Flint Ironstag

Flint Ironstag Karting

Jun 30, 2013
    Houston, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Harris
    612s are dipping into the $60s?

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I haven't seen another one this low, even salvage titled. I would think it's an anomaly though I have seen them selling in the high 70's and low 80's. Asking is much higher.

11. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Just be careful and get a full on PPI. Note cars that pass Florida smog won't necessarily pass California smog. So it would be a good idea to have it checked to California standards.

12. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just found out that the clutch needs replacing.

13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Clutch was down to under 10%. Seller has been vary fair. Arranging to have the clutch replaced by GTE Engineering of Pompano Beach, FL. Independent Ferrari shop. Splitting the cost.

14. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Serkan is a good guy - tell him I said "Hi" :)

15. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017

That's good to hear but I would really encourage you to have the car reviewed before you commit to the clutch. The paint has real issues that you can't see in those listing pictures. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers and I can provide some guidance on where I remember seeing problems.

16. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    PM Sent.

Seller is replacing the clutch anyways. If I don't buy then they needed for the next buyer.

17. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Don't forget about the timing belt which has to be replaced every 5 years, the brakes and all the other normai maintenance items. Get an independent PPI so you know where you are at. Great price but you can easily lose it in repairs.

A few years ago I almost pulled the trigger on a 599 that was $20 K under market. Then I found out it needed $15K in servicing PLUS it had been tracked and the carbon ceramic brakes would be in need of near term replacement for $35K! No longer much of a deal.

18. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017

So it seems as though the eBay seller is going the wholesale route on this car again:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    More often than not you get what you pay for. This is especially true with exotic cars.

20. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Also on tracked cars one of my PCA friends who is in process of purchasing a 991 turbo S, the dealership is having a difficult time geting it to pass smog in CA with only 40k miles on the clock. He said he had a similar problem with one of his other cars when he ran racing fuel while tracking the car. He said he had to replace the cats which were damaged by using the racing fuel. So any car that has been tracked can potentially have significant issues, abnormal clutch life wear, worn out CCB, and damaged cats.

21. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Peter - I think I met you yesterday at Super Sunday yesterday. Talking about my 612 and the one you are interested in purchasing in Florida. The price you are talking about is about the lowest I have heard other than a salvage title so be ready to spend some more $$$ if you take delievery of the car.The PPI should give you a good idea exactly how much.

How did you like the cream colored 612 OTO car at the event, pretty unique? It was the first of that color I have ever seen. The owner said it used to belong to Bonjovie and he had all the luggage and spare tire as well.

22. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I missed the cream colored one but it may have been the one that I've seen before that belonged to someone here on FChat who sold it for a 458. Would have to see the car again to be sure. Maybe I'll see you at Piazza GT next week.

23. DukeDevil

DukeDevil Rookie

Mar 14, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    T.J.
    Peter - Anxious to hear...did you take delivery?

Did you ever look at this one?

2006 Ferrari 612 | eBay

I was the high bidder but didn't meet the reserve. Seller relisted it. Clean carfax, but inconsistent ownership history. Lists 3 owners, but shows 5 or 6 sales over the years.

24. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter

I looked at that one but to be honest with you I'm not too keen on the gray interior. Prefer either tan or nero. There is one out of Oregon that is the same color scheme as the one I am looking at that I may consider as a back up.

Can you share what your high bid was?

On the one that I have a deposit on, its still in Miami. Seller is going to have a new clutch installed however the pending hurricane has messed everything up. Traded messages with the Seller today. IF the car survives the hurricane without water damage, we will look to move things forward on the clutch next week IF the shop is still there and able to function. Lot's of "IF's" there.

25. DukeDevil

DukeDevil Rookie

Mar 14, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    T.J.
    Yikes. Hope it makes it through...you got a terrific price and looks well sorted. The grey on grey ended at $62k, but my max bid was $70k. I saw that they also listed it on Cars for $90k. The Portland car looks nice, and they're asking $95k. I, too, very much prefer cuoio interiors, but I'm losing hope I'll find exactly what I want.