Anyone attending Monza? | FerrariChat

Anyone attending Monza?

Discussion in 'F1' started by sherpa23, Aug 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I am in monza for work at the race and wanted to check in to see if anyone else is here. I always enjoy meeting Fchatters in person when the opportunity arises.

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    A couple of work colleagues are going. Their last today. However they are not Fchatters.
    Enjoy. Monza is the only track I have been to, to watch live F1. Superb venue too especially for Ferrari fans.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Agreed, it's the best venue for crowds. I used to sit in the trees with the tifosi in the old days, but monza goes nuts on GP day. The traffic is hilarious, two lanes become five, one way streets are just suggestions that are randomly ignored, ferrari clutches burn freely in the single clutch f1 transmission cars..... someone at ferrari told me that the Italian service bays made good money the weeks after every GP from the ferrari owners that took their cars to the monza GP

4. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I was there last year, parked away from track and took shuttle bus. I had to walk a bit, but everything went smooth in my experience. Plenty of pretty women to look at.

5. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017

Why is this? because people with the single clutch F1 transmission were show boating or doing burn outs? Or is it from sitting in bumper to bumper traffic and being hard on the single plate clutch???

Just curious because I know there is a love hate with the F1 transmissions. Some people just love the latter F1 transmissions like the 430 Scuderia

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I wish I was there! Have fun!! :D

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The traffic....... they sit for ages, and crawl at snails pace down the final stretch into the park, very hot and no air, the clutches get wrecked with the stop start nature of it all. They turn two lanes into five, driving on the central dividing strip and the pavement(sidewalk) the other side.

When I was with ferrari on various occasions, the cars were taken there at night and left, and we travelled in and out by shuttle bus, usually on race days having to leave the driver there in the traffic and walking through the park to get in on time

8. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Have a great time. Wish I was there. Heading the other way to Asia...

Robb

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Push a little further: the earth is round...And Marco Polo traveled to China from Italy, and back.

Rgds

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Definitely lots of beautiful women. I have an F1 Personnel parking pass so I'm parked right next to the paddock as my little office area is in the garages so I didn't have to walk far.

I had never been here before. It's a really cool place.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That could apply to many places in Italy...enjoy.

Rgds

12. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
  13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    been to Monza a couple of times. its a great place, lots of history. Its a bit hard to get around on race day, but Friday to me is the best day, not as crowded, and easier to move around in and out of the paddock. getting in to Monza is not much fun no matter how you do it... even by Air, its a bit of a hike to inside the circuit. but you have to do it once. To me this is way better than Monaco - to actually see a race. walk the banking as well... its so incredible.

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I drove the banking on the old track in my rental car on Wednesday . It was cool. :)

15. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    Well thanks a lot pal ! If you would have said something to me at Pebble Beach.......

16. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    In September '06 I organized a car-guys/girls trip for 26 to Italy. First stop was Milano before Monza. We arranged helicopter transport from Linate right into Monza for the race. Four course lunch, open bar and private box to watch Schumi and Rubens finish 1-2 under perfectly blue skies. Michael announced his retirement on the podium. A day to remember.

Two years later came back to Monza for the GP with a close friend. Under cold drizzly skies we watched Vettel win his first GP. This time took the usual....taxi to a far away location and walked a couple of miles to get to the race.

I think the helicopter was the preferred route :)

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I told the girls to keep you up to date! I also told them you should be here.

18. Strictly Ferrari

Strictly Ferrari Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2004
    3045 Davis Blvd.
    Full Name:
    Naples Classic Car
    Yes I know. we are on our way to Goodwood and Germany. Try to stay day today talk to you later

Enjoy

19. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    J E A L O U S ! Photos?
    Enjoy!

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Well, I was there for work so taking photos was not really a thing to do. I don't think I have r anything that I can post on Fchat. I split my work time between a work space in the garages and a small office in race control.