Cars and Coffee Charlotte suspended indefinitely | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee Charlotte suspended indefinitely

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by krazykarguy, Feb 14, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    We all knew this was going to happen.

C&C CLT has already been kicked out of the Music Factory location, the Matthews location, the lot off Tyvola near CLT, now the Arrowood location. It's starting to feel like a bad sequel.

Idiots have finally pushed the organizers past the breaking point. Again. Burnouts, donuts, showing off, street takeover nonsense fueled by dozens of YouTuber wannabes egging them on.

Hundreds of people lined up along Arrowood, and the 485 onramp is once again ruining this great show for the THOUSANDS of enthusiasts that show up monthly.

The police presence was larger than in prior months - but this isn't the solution. Most of these idiots roasting their tires and 2-stepping their way out of the shows KNOW that the cops aren't enforcing the traffic laws, so they continue to do it. But if the cops DO decide to enforce the laws - they will have to neglect their visual presence at the exits to get one moron...

Unfortunately, the solution is to start charging for these events...

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    sorry to hear , this is what happens when adults don't grow up :(

3. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    This is why we can’t have nice things.

UroTrash likes this.
  4. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It does suck putting it bluntly. Charging may not help unfortunately. When we worked with Michael to help put it on and run it (pre-Whitehall it we looked at that option. Not sure what FCC and Bob will do now.

5. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I know the Raleigh C&C has had some issues here and there, but seems like they are usually able to kick out the troublemakers and prevent them from coming back. With as many pics and vids from the C&C here posted all over the internet, there's got to be a way to do something similar. Mopar and VQ drivers need to be especially scrutinized, so many of those ridiculous sounding 40% APR ****boxes don't belong anywhere near a C&C.

SoCal to az and GFUracing like this.
  6. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    I don't think it's fair to blame people lining up to see the cars leave. As a kid/teen, it's nice and a rare chance to see a lot of these cars in motion, hear the engine, etc. The burnouts, etc. are full responsibility of the drivers

sarmendariez05 and Edward 96GTS like this.
  7. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Well this sucks. But a lot of that drama is why I quit coming years ago.

GFUracing and desmomini like this.
  8. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I went to C&C at the Speedway a week or 2 ago. Not too many exotics, but its fun to go to the NASCAR Racing Experience afterwards and do some laps around the track. Better than a roller coaster.

9. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Has anyone heard anything about Cars & Coffee resuming any time soon?

10. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    I saw on Facebook that they’ve found another location and will be resuming shortly. They hadn’t revealed the location yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    C&CC Event that was originally scheduled for this weekend (8/5/23) has been postponed to the first Saturday of September, without any reason given.

12. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
  13. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The new location is an absolute cluster. I spent nearly two hours in barely moving traffic only to be turned away from the event.

Whatever ‘team’ took half a year to find this location … unbelievable incompetence.

rampante550 and nicholasn like this.
  14. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Agreed. Drove up with 20 others from 1 1/2 hr away just to sit in standstill traffic for an hour. Finally just decided to turnaround. Nearby gas stations turned into multiple cars and coffee mini events. But, the backroads/spirited drive home with some buddies was worth it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Yeah, can't believe someone thought that would be a good spot with only two back roads leading in/out. I wasn't planning on going but some of my friends wanted to, so we all rode in on our sportbikes. Got to the parking lot entrance somewhat efficiently after filtering past like a mile of gridlock using the shoulders of 485 and Independence, but we were turned away as well. Parked on the side of the road with some other bikes to regroup, but by that point we were all hungry, tired, sore, and pissed off. Ended up just leaving a few mins later to get some food, didn't bother going to explore the main parking lot.

With the amount of nice cars and bikes I see on a daily basis around Charlotte, I don't really feel the desire to go to shows much anymore. Everything has become overrun with posers in their lowered base model automatic Civics or whatever with dark tint and aftermarket wheels, and social media-crazed youth desperately trying to get that one last pic/vid that 500 others are also trying to get. No I'm not popping a wheelie or doing a burnout or whatever for your five followers to see when there's already thousands of videos on the internet of other people doing the exact same thing. And then when something does happen, whoever actually caused the problem doesn't face any repercussions which is astounding considering how much footage is recorded at these meets.

Also, that GT3 Touring in the post above is gorgeous. All the cars are, but especially the Porsche.

krazykarguy and AD211 like this.
  16. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    flash mob meets cars & coffee - great way to make lemonade

17. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Andy, what are you driving these days?!

18. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Still have the ‘22 F8. RCM in the pic above. How’s that amazing detailing business? Wish you were in Columbia!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Business is going well. Being in a shop finally is nice too! Don’t be shy, we still have people from from NC, Greenwood, and Cola area

AD211 likes this.
  20. PETER@TEAM AI

PETER@TEAM AI Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Nov 4, 2014
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Heck yes, love this attitude Andy! It is about the drive!

AD211 likes this.