Changing tastes or selling out? | FerrariChat

Changing tastes or selling out?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 360+Volt=Prius, Sep 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    5 years ago predating my search for my 360. I felt fender shields were ostentatious , and braggadocio. During my 360 education and search, I began to respect them as a desirable factory option, and sought them out when looking for my 360.

Similarly, although I don't own a CS, when I first saw CS stripe I hated it. Thought it looked like a pizza delivery car decal. I still don't like them, but if I had a CS I would have to have one.

Did I loose touch with my humble initial impressions and "sell out", or have I just acquired a taste for those "finer things" ? ... I think the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Tastes evolve as you become more enthralled with the hobby. I bought a CS without the stripe and thought nothing of it. As I learned more about the car, I had to add one.

3. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Fwiw, I go back and forth on the stripe.
    If I never visited this forum, I prob wouldn't care for it. Too over the top for a car that doesn't need it. I think of myself as the "laypersons Ferrari owner" . But you guys have influenced me somewhat. I think i prefer the more subtle scud stripe.
    Always like the shields though.