COTA Ferrari Hospitality Tickets 2017 | FerrariChat

COTA Ferrari Hospitality Tickets 2017

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Ghostdiver, Aug 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Just a question and little rant.....

Last year, I attended the Challenge races at COTA. My wife and I went for the single day, spent time in the hospitality suite, parked in the Ferrari corral, walked around the paddock and in the garage areas. Would have made a few laps but there but well, that's another story.

Anyway, I knew the races were scheduled for September this year so I checked on them a couple weeks ago. Single day ticket was $250 pp. Guess I should have bought them then because the tickets went up to $850 pp for Saturday!!

I thought maybe it's because we are within certain time frame....nope. Tickets to the next race at Road America next weekend are $250 for Saturday. Maybe RA is discounting the tickets to sell them quickly. Checked Homestead for the races at then end of September. They are the same at $250 pp/pd.

So, what is the deal with COTA? I know the track is nice and the hospitality suite and all the amenities are great but damn, what is going on to justify that much of an increase?

Okay, rant over...but seriously does anyone know what is going on?

2. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    $850?! Is this for the WEC race in Sept?

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    #3 Ghostdiver, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    No, it is for the Ferrari Challenge going on 9/15-16. Friday is $450 or you can save 100 bucks and get tickets for both days for $1200.....

Just checked...COTA has the Lone Star LeMans running on the same dates....

Not sure if someone has their dates wrong or not but if that is right, it's gonna get busy on the track....

https://fnaevents.ferrari.com/event/CircuitOfTheAmericas

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I'm wondering if they substituted the separation of Weathertech and it's support races leaving with the Challenge Series.

Either way, I paid $700 or so the last 2 years for LoneStar in the Hospitality suite and was well worth it imo. Very hot time of year and you got a bunch of action in those 2 days having WEC & IMSA. With the split, the Weathertech event in May was $650 iirc for the same suite and wasn't worth it for such a short amount of racing compared to endurance of WEC. But $850 doesn't sound any better, imo if they are on the same weekend.

5. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    #5 Ghostdiver, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Just remember, $850 is for Saturday only. It's $1200 for Friday and Saturday. No mention of Sunday.

I reached out to my Ferrari contact that I had last year for the Challenge races but I haven't heard from her yet. So, we'll see.....

My Ferrari contact responded and the Challenge race is being combined with other races over the weekend in the Lone Star LeMans schedule--F4, World Series Form V8 3.5, Ferrari Challenge, WEC.

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/2017-lslm/schedule

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Or... You could just pay $79 for a two day weekend pass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    and that is my plan....

Just didn't know they combined events this year. Last year, for the Challenge you had one option for tickets--hospitality suite.