Custom Subwoofer box for 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by krazykarguy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. I have started the new week 1 FerrariChat Update poll, please vote... http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-com-update-week-1-poll.560487/
  1. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hi everyone -

This past weekend, my dad and I removed an aftermarket stereo system from their '97 F355 Spider.

I am currently selling all of that audio equipment on eBay; however one item is so specific-fit that I am reticent to list it there for fear nobody with a 355 will see/buy it.

It is a custom-made subwoofer enclosure that fits in the passenger side footwell of the car. It is upholstered in a tan vinyl that is a close match to the beige leather seats and looks fine next to the carpeting. (note: in the 'installed' picture, it is not pushed back into place fully - it fits snugly against the floor and bulkhead). It has an upholstered black grille.

It had a Dynaudio MW180 sub in it, so the opening is 'odd' - i.e. not 8", not 10" (I think that it's like 9.5"). That sub is also listed cheaply on eBay, but needs the rubber surround replaced - it's torn.

I KNOW that this thing cost someone a lot of money to have made, and I'd hate to just throw it away.

Does anyone here have any interest in it?
    IMG_0176.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0177.JPG

P.S. - before you ask, the cars in the background are an '01 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph Concours edition and a 1965 Jaguar E-Type (undergoing full restoration, ~90% complete)

2. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Karting

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Maybe nobody wants or needs this, or maybe I wasn't clear...

I will donate this to a 355 owner for the cost of shipping from VT. Will ship internationally if need be.

PM me if interested.