Ferrari 360 Exhaust Note | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Exhaust Note

Discussion in '360/430' started by asl911, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asl911

asl911 Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Andy Lee
    Hi Guys,

Having spent many happy hours on YouTube watching and listening to Ferrari 360 exhaust notes, I just can't decide what to replace my standard system with. To my ear, Capristo's sound quite high pitched while Tubi's sound more throaty. My absolute favourite though is the Japanese Power Craft system but I am not prepared to spend £7k for one. What are you guys using? are there any other alternatives worth considering for sensible money?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Timate or Nouvolari could be considered - you might be surprised to learn this type of question has been asked before a few times - there's some useful background with an advanced search in this section on either the brands or even just the word exhaust

3. Slickhillsy

Slickhillsy Karting

Aug 22, 2012
    Very simple to answer - fit a CS system.

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Andy,

Do a search, its one of the most well written about subjects!

I have pretty much tried every combination over the past decade. I still have a full Titanium system, the Timate one, sitting in my garage in Cheshire, plus an original race car 360 Challenge system too. I've also owned a Capristo and listened to countless Tubi's.

The Timate is a superb sounding exhaust but it really won't win you ANY love with your neighbors! Its valveless and very very loud to the point of being quite a major distraction when driving, makes great power though, particularly if you fit sports cats which really make a big difference too.

I personally think the factory 360 Challenge exhaust is a great sounding system and quite rare, its very similar to running the 360 Racing System but less weight and fully heat shielded too so great for lowering engine bay temp's. Shame it looks so ugly (single exit pipes) and doesn't have valves so is also loud and aggressive at low rev's too. Its my second favorite system after the Factory Racing Exhaust.

I currently have the optional 360 Factory Racing exhaust fitted (as in the one fitted to the CS as standard). Its a good compromise, reasonably quiet at low rev's, loud when you overtake and low resonance while cruising on the motorway/highway. The Capristo was well made but generated a lot of heat. It also was comparatively much heavier (Steel vs Titanium) compared to something like a Timate. It has a nice raspy sound but its not a high pitched whine like Titanium gives. The Tubi sounds a little bit too 'muscle' car for my tastes. Still an nice sound though and certainly much better than factory backbox.

My fav's.
    1. Factory 360 Racing System [best for sound/style]
    1. 360 Challenge Racing System (*) joint favorites [best for weight]
    2. Titanium Timate
    3. Capristo

-T

Rob Chiang likes this.
  5. nietoale1

nietoale1 Karting

Dec 28, 2012
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex Nieto
    As mentioned above, go with the Factory Race exhaust...the sound is out of this world...Some F458 owners at my local C&C say that my F360 has one of the best Ferrari sound they had ever heard. When you open it up...it's pure Italian music...

Alex

6. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Have you considered the Fabspeed system for your F360?

The F360 Maxflo performance exhaust adds a more aggressive race car tone along with additional horsepower and torque. The system is constructed of T304L stainless steel which provides optimum flow and maximum durability - along with saving 27 LBS over the factory system!

Check out the video below for some sound clips:

http://youtu.be/DETlYdi-1no

7. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the factory racing exhaust and I loved it..

Some Guy in the sky likes this.
  8. asl911

asl911 Rookie

Dec 2, 2013
    Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Andy Lee
    #8 asl911, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Guys, is the factory race exhaust valved ?

Also - Where do I buy one ??

9. Sleepy996

Sleepy996 Karting

May 1, 2014
    @MR.HOTEL_SLIPPERS
    Factory racing exhaust is the best bang for the buck and can be found on ebay for under $2k. Or visit your local Ferrari dealer they often have great deals on them if they are in stock.

10. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I LOVE the sound of my factory Challenge exhaust, when those valves open up it's fantastico.. can't wait to hear it after my Fabspeed headers are on!..

11. Technut

Technut Karting

Oct 5, 2008
    Santa Barbara, California
    Full Name:
    Robert L. Skinner
    I loved the sound of my custom GMG exhaust and always got compliments. Only problem is that it won't work with the new trans cooler, so I'm selling it. see my sales ad for pics. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferrari-parts-collectibles/473006-custom-360-exhaust-gmg-racing.html#post143640351

If you want a new version, I believe they still make them at GMG but a word of caution. I had to re-do the wields at the baffle and add a flange to use the factory exhaust support. the original design didn't use the mount which is why (I believe) the welds failed (too much movement).

Rob

12. Azzuro Blue

Azzuro Blue Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    West Palm, FL
    Factory racing exhaust for me. Love the sound. It does have valves. Got a great deal when I bought mine in the spring. PM me for info on the dealer who sold it to me.

13. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    I have the factory exhaust on my 360 and got compliments from a gentleman in a 16M.

Works for me!!!

14. hakankuy

hakankuy Karting

Jun 15, 2010
    Earth
    I had Tubi at first,hated it, car was sounding like a Vette (no offense I like Vettes but i don't like their sound on a Fcar). Then lovely,unique TiMate with AP headers+100 cell racing cats (it was screaming similar to F1 but unfortunately no valves on it and neighbours hated me) which was too uncivilized.
    And at last factory racing system with de-cat tubes. It is almost very quiet under 4k RPM but it is blasting over it. And It is a bargain to buy whole kit in 1,5-2,0k USD range on Ebay.
    Tip: Some sellers take ECU's from the kit. insist on receiving it. It is a valuable spare part for the future even if you don't use it with the kit.

15. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Have you ever tried the Agency Power Titanium Exhaust? I know the Timate and Challenge Exhaust are often praised but I am curious about the Agency Titanium Exhaust, especially since they are very easy people to get into contact with.

16. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I can only speak for Tubi and haven't heard anything else apart from the no name brand my car had before we changed it.
    The Tubi is so well made and the sound is as good as it gets to my ears. There's a bit more power which is a bonus as well, or at least it feels like it.
    It sounds aggressive but won't upset anyone either.

17. ccalo

ccalo Karting

Aug 20, 2013
    CT us
    Full Name:
    Carmine Calo
    I had a Tubi and switched to a Timate with headers and test pipes. It's absolutely awesome to see people's jaws drop when I hit the gas. Awesome sounding exhaust and amazingly light.

18. TheGeeMan

TheGeeMan Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Montreal , Canada
    Full Name:
    Eddy
    CS factory racing exhaust for me, before taking the plunge I listened to as many after markets including Tubi, for me nothing sounded as raw as a Ferrari should sound,
    my setup ::::: CS factory racing exhaust + High Flow Cats + disabled valve....

Rob Chiang likes this.
  19. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Capristo 3

Awesome

20. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I have Tubi and Hyperflow cats and I am very happy. If I were to change it would be to the above recommended factory optional race exhaust.

21. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I have Tubi and love it very much.

Built like a musical instrument, no drone at any RPM, just loud enough that my neighbors wont hate me. Love it.

Dan

22. rammac99

rammac99 Rookie

Dec 12, 2013
    Jefferson City
    Full Name:
    Richard McIntosh
    Factory racing exhaust, period.

23. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    What is all the hype with the factory racing exhaust? It doesn't scream like an f1 car. Timate or capristo 3 are the way to go

24. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Another vote here for the factory racing exhaust.

25. hakankuy

hakankuy Karting

Jun 15, 2010
    Earth
    Well it sounds Ferrari not sounds like a Ferrari.
    Timate's sound is epic and it is screaming like F1 cars without stock cats but it has no valves and in spite of all advantages of titanium (heat,weight, rapid cooling) the fixing brackets may need rewelding about every 2 years as it is very thin material.
    Capristo 3, great on 355s but it is not my taste on 360s/430s; until 4-5k it is boomy, after than nice and pitchy but it is producing too much heat around the engine bay.
    I think that latest CS video from Italy may give more crystal ideas about the sound.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plYTjTxxNqQ[/ame]