Ferrari has it wrong | FerrariChat

Ferrari has it wrong

Discussion in 'F1' started by gererd, Mar 27, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gererd

gererd Rookie

Jul 1, 2011
    Carlos is a far superior PILOTI than Charles..Somthing else they got wrong!

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Guys. I’ll admit he is doing well but CL carried the team with better qualifying performances the last few years. I hope sainz has found his groove and motivation from losing his seat and shows everyone how wrong they were but it’s still too soon

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think Sainz is vastly underrated but to call him vastly superior to Leclerc is also not correct.

Dollar for Dollar however Sainz is one of the best buys on the grid right now.

4. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Just imagine next Gp with Sainz underperforming and Charles fighting for victory, the same will say Sainz is garbage and Charles the real deal ..:D

ingegnere, paulchua and rmani like this.
  5. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't think so. They'll just be silent and wait a few GPs for Sainz to do better and then recycle the same biased talking points.

6. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Can't emphasize the accuracy of this post enough.

ingegnere, Racedrvr, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  7. USMCS6

USMCS6 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2018
    Arlington VA and Daytona Fl
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    I feel they are the best drive pairings out there. What CL is missing CS has, and the other way around as well. To bad management has buggered it up.

8. jimmyb

jimmyb Formula 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Charlotte, N.C.
    Full Name:
    James Bookout
    Indeed…fame is fleeting here on FC.

DF1 and paulchua like this.
  9. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    If winning races was Ferrari's focus, then Carlos would be important to them. It seems Ferrari is more interested in selling their logo and Hammy will bring in additional sponsors and T-shirt sales.

SMSD, Jack-the-lad, 375+ and 6 others like this.
  10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    They are by far the most powerful pairing on the grid and as someone has said, it’s a shame that Elkann and Vasseur have decided to scupper that advantage.

But think of the millions of images of Louise in a red suit!:rolleyes:

william and Bas like this.
  11. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Exactly lol

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    nonsense. come on guys you think they don't want to win races? Really? Yes of course there is a marketing aspect but Ferrari plays to win. They're the only team consistently taking the fight to red bull these past few years.

jpalmito likes this.
  13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    They're quite even. The big question is if Hamilton is better than Sainz right now: after recovering some credit by soundly beating Rusell last year, he's not having a spectacular start of the season.

william and 375+ like this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He’s just thinking right now to start with Ferrari.
    Not very surprising I would say.

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Nope. I don't buy it. Especially this early on. A racing driver will ALWAYS want to beat his teammate. The moment he doesn't, he's finished.

Dominik B., TurboFreak650 and 375+ like this.
  16. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Why do I have a feeling Hamilton had a say in who his teammate would be???

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Sir Lewis Hamilton is not just "a racing driver". Those lowely goals of just beating your team mate is not interesting to him. He's beat so many team mates it doesn't matter. He has higher goals to focus on. He focusing on an 8th championship opportunity.

rmani and paulchua like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Last 2 races?

Sure.

Last 50?

No.

375+ likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's true, Hamilton's contract was just as much marketing as his abilities (or lack thereof.) Hamilton's current brand fits in with Ferrari like no other driver. As far as his performance? Last year, he quieted the naysayers. I'm hoping this year is a temporary rut.

ktu likes this.
  20. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I am positive the race team wants to win :). The board's job is to make investors money.

moretti and TonyL like this.
  21. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sainz has a point to prove and desperate for a top team drive so he is going flat out to attract attention. Underated driver imho but not champion material.

Leclerc is not champion material either, he couldnt play poker to save his life. Talented but his competitors can read him like a book, he needs to learn the art of deception by body language.

Hamilton - done it, worn the T Shirt and thrown it away, his ability to win is there and lets not forget Toto has slammed the door on him, Sainz will have the same treatment from the team for fear of carrying over secret data to his next team. Both are treading water.

Personally I dont care who drives the car (Ferrari) so long as they win, so more of the same please.

Tony
    Did anyone see Verstappen's little dummy throwing excercise in the pit, FFS he has had a bullet proof car given to him for well over a year and he ******* to the team when it lets him down..........ONCE..............AH

22. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Charles is faster over a lap but I believe Carlos is a much more complete driver. He makes less mistakes and is tactically more astute than Charles. Both are world class F1 drivers.

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

One can imagine what the comments would be had LH done exactly this. Its time to give a break to the drivers. No less emotional than the rest of us overall. Humans first they are.

jcurry likes this.
  24. redwedge

redwedge Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2012
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve C
    Better at what? Neither LeClerc nor Sainz has ever put together a WDC challenge. It is much harder to perform under such pressure, in a car capable of doing so, than it is in a car where you're expected to maybe nick the odd win here or there.

Hamilton has put together 7* successful WDC campaigns. Arguably he could have 9 if McLaren hadn't left him out on bald tyres and the RD had followed the rulebook in 2021. That is what Ferrari wants.

25. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah he cursed out his chief mechanic right? I thought Fchat was a place that condenms any driver complaints, ill behaviours, whining etc. How did this slip past some of you guys?

rmani likes this.