Ferrari key chain, as seen on Magnum PI!! | FerrariChat

Ferrari key chain, as seen on Magnum PI!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Tifosi100, Sep 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi100

Tifosi100 Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    Montana
    I have two of this type of key chain, they came with the car when I bought it 15 years ago, I've never seen another like them, except... on an episode of Magnum PI (season 2, episode 16 - Italian Ice). Now I know there is no connection between my car (or key chain) and the TV show but it's the only other time I've seen another key chain like it. Just wondering if anyone else knows a little about them, where they might be from, are they factory issue, do they have any particular value? Thanks for any info!

Attached Files:

2. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I have the same key chain. They were available at the dealers in the mid 80s. I think they were made out of pewter...kind of a softer metal because the shield edges and hope rings wore more than a steel key ring.
    Not sure of the value.

3. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Very cool. Never seen this before. Sandcast pewter.

4. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    thanks for this, I remember seeing that key chain and I could not remember which episode.

cheers
    Johnny

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

I have always pointed to that particular episode as proof that the writers decided to make Higgins Robin Masters only as an after thought late in the series and never intended it to be that way from the beginning.

6. JohnnyTS

JohnnyTS Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2012
    Pretoria East, RSA
    Full Name:
    John
    yes, early in the series it's clear that Higgins is not...

I remember when watching Magnum, they had me believe at some stage late throughout the series that Higgins is in fact Robin Masters, just like he fooled Thomas, just for me to realize later it could not be.

7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No ideas on the keychain, but I have that exact wallet.