Ferrari Sightings

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Feb 19, 2005.

1. I have started the new week 1 FerrariChat Update poll, please vote... http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrarichat-com-update-week-1-poll.560487/
  1. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Just a quick note for those of you who haven't seen the Enzo yet (..and that was me until yesterday), they have a yellow Enzo at the Maserati dealership here in Charlotte.
    Wish I would have had my camera with me as they had a yellow Carrera GT parked next to it. It would've been the trifeca with a yellow SLR, but I'm not sure if they even make the SLR in yellow.
    Anyway.....made my day, as I had stopped by just to get a little inspiration before a job interview (keeping my eye on the prize). Now if they'd just stock an occasional vintage F car, they'd make my year.

2. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    nice.

in columbia today (2/19), at the intersection of forest drive and trenholm which is out towards ft. jackson, saw a silver 360 pull in to an exxon station (and almost bottom out it looked like, might have been an optical illusion though)

then as i turned onto trenholm, saw what appeared to be a red 355, but on second thought might have just been a kit car:-(. it had a 355 rear end but it looked too short and stubby to be a real fcar

3. laxplayer98

laxplayer98 Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Neill
    Any Pics?

There hasn't been anything out around here lately

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason

probly buddy's car, the 360

5. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    ah sweet, guy looked pretty tall, dark skinned maybe? i cant imagine theres that many silver 360's running around richland county though

6. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    There is a great group of guys in town that have F Cars. We normally meet at the Starbucks in Trenholm plazza. Last week, 4 360's, Twin Tubo Porsche, GT3, Austin H 3000, Testorosa, M6, I may be leaving something out. I think we have something good going on. Great cars, but the new friends are terrific.

7. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    The 360 must have been Autin Myers, international man of mystry. Go to www.x-plane.com

9. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    wow thats pretty crazy. i hope you guys all enjoyed todays amazing weather, would have been perfect to take one of those beauties out for a spin.

you dont happen to know any viper owners do you? i keep seeing a modded red gen2 (i think) and a stock looking black srt10 drivin around. unfortunitly the red gen2 owner seems to think USC's campus is his personal racetrack though

edit// any pictures from these gatherings? i think i might just die if i see multiple 360's sitting with a porsche TT and GT3

10. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What? No Bull? (I thought we were going in a different direction!)

11. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Go to Austin's website and read about his adventures, expecialy the one about the Ferrari, it's reallly funny. There are some pics or us flying into Greensboro, Daniel picked us up at the airport and deposited us at FCI, but they did not have the car he wanted. Ferrari of Washington fulfilled that request.

I would be glad to show pics, but have not learn how to do so.

12. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    do you have these get togethers pretty often?

and are they open to the public?

13. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/AbitaSprings
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Saw a red 360 with challenge grill going west on I-26 TODAY about 11am

Anyone we may know

Wade

14. Tired of seeing this ad? Upgrade now
  15. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    in the rain? thats not very nice

16. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Why not? It's just a car...it washes off. ;)

17. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Rob is right..........better to be out driving in the rain than sitting in the garage on a sunny day!!!

18. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    MAY CAR HAS NEVER SEEN THE RAIN...WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING?? IF THE SKY TURNS DARK, I HEAD FOR HOME....SOMETIMES I CAN NOT MAKE IT BACK IN TIME, SO THIS IS WHEN THE TRUSTY BLUE TARP COMES INTO PLAY. MY TARP IS VERY LARGE, AND I WRAP THE 348 AT LEAST TWO OR THREE TIMES TO ASSURE THAT NO WATER TOUCHES THE PRECIOUS METALS OR PAINT.... SOME FOLKS WILL LAUGH WHEN THEY RIDE BY AND SEE THE BLUE WORM LOOKING CREATURE SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY....NOT TO MENTION THE WET RAT STANDING BESIDE THIS CREATURE...I KEEP TELLING MYSELF, THEY WOULD DO THE SAME IF THEY WERE IN MY SHOES..................YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I WOULD DRIVE THE 348 IN THE SNOW, IF WE EVER GOT ANY!! FERRARI'S LOVE THE RAIN!!!!

19. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    hahahaha. first time i met you it was raining on us lol. hey jay you comin to charlotte this saturday for the show?

20. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    Andy-I don't know for sure. I may be in Charlotte for the CAFE gathering....I think it is this weekend...I will have to double check the dates.

-Jay

21. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    oh crap theres something this weekend too? I thought they had something last weekend.

22. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    hope you guys are all enjoying this beautiful carolina day

23. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Saw a black Boxer this morning in downtown Cary. Beautiful car!!!

24. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Nov 5, 2003
    san diego/charlotte
    Full Name:
    peter brinzey
    spotted ... a boxer 512 injection...concord nc!

oh yaeh, i was the guy driving with the big grin!!!

25. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I saw a silver 360 Spider pulling off of Lake Pine onto Highway 64 in Cary/Apex and there is a black Mondial at European Performance on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh that I looked at tonight.

26. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    Do any of you guys know if Sterling Sharpe still has his red 512 TR? I remember as a kid growing up in Columbia I would see him in it from time to time. I remember the day he had both of them delivered in Columbia at Phillips on Two notch. I was like 16 and I about wet my pants standing next to Sterling's red 512 and his brother Shannon's black one.

27. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    sterling and shannon sharpe are from columbia? interesting, do they still have a house around here somewhere?

28. 10boom

10boom Karting

Jan 5, 2005
    WA
    I don't think they are originally from Columbia, but as you know Sterling went to USC and Shannon went to Savannah State. When I left Columbia in 98, Sterling still lived out in the Northeast area of town (Longcreek plantation I think) but I don't know if he has moved out of town yet. I'll ask my uncle, he's still pretty good buddies with him. I heard that he was the co-owner of University Motors in the vista (I think that's what it's called)

29. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    RedlineG60:

You sound frustrated. I know I am. It seems like a couple of enthusiasts like us could get on some kind of e-mail list. I drove to Virginia this weekend looking for an excuse to drive. I take that back, I didn't really need an excuse, I was going to drive anyway. But it sure would be nice to do it with some other enthusiasts. Do you know about the trip to Asheville to drive the Dragon the first weekend in April? I found out about this from some guys I met at VIR a couple of weeks ago.

Rob

30. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Saw a Yellow F355 Spyder at the Sardis Crossing shopping center (corner of Sardis Road North and Monroe) parking lot on Saturday - seems driver was "tanning" at Palm Beach Tan.

Anyone on the list? Lived in Charlotte most of my life and that's the first 355 I've seen around here.

31. Hank77

Hank77 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    Wake Forest, NC
    Saw a silver 456, in the rain, yesterday. It was turning onto the onramp to 40 East from Davis Drive in RTP. It proceeded to take the 540 onramp, and alas, I had to sadly stay on 40.

Gorgeous car, and very surprising to see it out in the rain. I'm glad some people aren't afraid of driving in the rain.

32. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    I've seen that car out at RTP on Davis as well, a couple months ago. I share your sentiment about driving in the rain.

33. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    whats the nearest exotic car dealership that most of these people would be buying from?

34. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2005
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert W
    That would be FCI, Foreign Cars Italia in Greensboro. That is where they sell the Ferraris. They actually just opened a branch in Charlotte where they will be selling Maseratis.

The next nearest Exotic Car dealership that I know of would probably be D.C. or Atlanta...

35. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    There is also Sport Auto in Summerville, NC.

36. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    yea i know of FoW, i used to work next door to it. hmm dang, so i would have to drive up to charlotte from columbia just to get some eye candy

37. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    That is probably the same car I saw near the Raleigh Airport area when I was heading to Charleston SC. Looked like it had tint on it too.

I know this isn't a Ferrari but I saw Two Gallardos today. One was an Orange one on there way to Charlotte on I-85. I didnt get a close look but I remember someone saying the person is from Raleigh and is owned by a Girl and the tag says "Redhead".
    Also just a few min ago I was doing some paper work and getting stuff done for a conference on Monday. Then all of a sudden I saw a Yellow Gallardo at the TA Travel Centers , they left and went towards the Raleigh area. I see Ferraris quite frequently thru here but usually im in and out of my office so its hit or miss for me to see them all pass by.

38. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    I think she might have actually been blue scuro :)

39. Hank77

Hank77 Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    Wake Forest, NC
    I have seen the "REDHEAD" tag on another car when I was heading back into town from Pittsburgh. This was about 2 years ago. It was on a red 360 at that point, and it was a girl driving it. I actually have a picture, albeit a bit fuzzy, of it somewhere in my archives.

I remember a few months back someone mentioning that the tag was now found on a orange Gallardo.

40. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Saw a red F355 (pretty sure it was) getting onto an onramp was we were getting ready to pass it in a VW caravan in Columbia today musta been around noon or thereabouts. I believe we were on I77. But we got off as he was passing by so I'm pretty sure it was an F355. Anybody on here?

41. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red F355 Spider in downtown Cary today around 12:30 pm. I've seen it around before.

42. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #40 Ricambi America, Mar 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Black 355 with an Australian Sheep Dog in the passenger seat along I40 in GSO... Bryan G. in the drivers seat!

Great seeing everyone at our impromptu get-together at FCI today!
    03-14-05_1243.jpg

43. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Red 360 Spyder on 64 between Walnut St. and Cary Pkwy. on Sunday. Nice day to be topless!!

44. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    hope you guys are all gettin a chance to drive today, its beautiful out

45. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Red 2002 550 Maranello....

I should let the proud Papa make the announcement himself, but I met him for lunch today and he was beaming with pride after the drive from SportAuto in Summerfield.

Lunch @ Green Valley Grill couldn't have been more exciting!

12 cylinders never looked so sexy. Rossa Corsa & tan. Whew baby !!!

-Daniel

46. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hey Daniel...let "Papa" know I am willing to take pics of his new baby. ;)

47. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    red 308 heading towards the Colonial Center in columbia about 720pm this evening. could have been a younger guy driving maybe? it was dark and his windows were up

48. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    360 Spyder (Grey) on Walnut St. in Cary.

49. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    saw a brand new yellow 360 modena 6 speed manual parked at the Westin Hotel downtown Greenville last night. Gorgeous car.

50. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's probably the same one I saw a week or two ago. Sounded very nice.

51. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Silver 355 convertible on the Raleigh Beltline this afternoon. :cool:

52. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel